REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Jul 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #736 of 854
I think these are great phones and have had and used them regularly since february. The right earphone has become a problem. Cutting out frequently and requires and good deal of shaking and cord manipulation to recover the sound.

Sent nuforce a rma request and from the good things I've heard about their service, I have no worries. But I may baby them a bit more this time around.

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #738 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by anreddy1116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The right earphone has become a problem.

I had the same problem

I think it's a defect that nuforce doesn't want to admit

the new ones I got are wayyyyyyyyyy more durable and I'd think the ones he's sending out as replacements are a new batch.

There's no way multiple people here have the same problems. The thing is, once they work right, you'll see why there's all this praise for them.

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #739 of 854
Unlike a lot of the audiophiles who are out there, I couldn't justify spending $100 plus on a headset to go with my iphone 3gs .. I tried the Apple canalphone headset, and didn't care for the fit.. the silicone buds easily slid out of my ear canal while I was exercising and the ear canal started getting 'humid' and slippery.. the sound was nothing to write home about (not much better than the included buds that came with the iphone).. I returned them after 2 days.

Last week, I ordered a set of the NuForce NE-7M earphones.. I like the fact that they came with a pair of the foam tips, which fit and seal well in my ear. The price was the main benefit for me ($49 at Amazon.com). Now that I've had them for a couple days and used them on a couple jogs, as well as driving around, etc.. I am VERY satisfied with my purchase. These things sound really good (again, I'm not an audiophile, I just want them to sound better than the stock earbuds), fit great with the foam tips, and the price is very fair for the product...

I definitely recommend them.

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #740 of 854
Im a total noob when it comes to earphones, wanted to get some better sounding earphones for my iphone 3GS, thanks to HeadphoneAddict for an awesome review and presence in this thread who swayed to go for the ne-7ms, and they sound better than anything i have heard (or imagine hearing)
darthsmile.gif

i have got about 25 hours of burn in so far and they already sound better, now i wanted to get some better tips, but am unsure about what size to get for better value. Unlike others I get the best seal, sound and isolation with the small silicone stock tips, does this mean the small comply/e2 tips are the ones to go for?

Or does the size depend on the brand/manufacturer?

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #741 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by taimur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im a total noob when it comes to earphones, wanted to get some better sounding earphones for my iphone 3GS, thanks to HeadphoneAddict for an awesome review and presence in this thread who swayed to go for the ne-7ms, and they sound better than anything i have heard (or imagine hearing)
darthsmile.gif

i have got about 25 hours of burn in so far and they already sound better, now i wanted to get some better tips, but am unsure about what size to get for better value. Unlike others I get the best seal, sound and isolation with the small silicone stock tips, does this mean the small comply/e2 tips are the ones to go for?

Or does the size depend on the brand/manufacturer?

Likely if the stock small fit, then small in other brands are what you need - my best guess.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #746 of 854
Im pretty satisfied with my purchase so far, I'm not a pro in this field, so I cant give a thorough oppinion of them. Only thing I can say is that I really like the size of these, I thought they where pretty big and would stick out my ears more then my Creative EP-830's, because of the cable coming out on the side and not on the bottom. But because of this I can put them further in my ears then the EP-830's.

Going to see if they sound better then my EP-830's, if they do then I'll be completely satisfied!

t1n5l3y

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #747 of 854
I just received mine. First impression- build quality and everything seems fairly solid, especially considering the price (mind you I would probably not spend anything more than 60 bucks for headphones for my 3gs.). however I was immediately not wow-ed by the bass. It's there, it's decent, but it's not what I've come to expect after reading so much about it... Any idea if i'm doing anything wrong? Seal seems fine, I have no idea when people are talking to me when I have them on, so I would imagine they are isolating fine. I would love to love them. Right now I'm just satisfied with them.

Sep 19, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #749 of 854
I just got my Ne-7m .
its great so far but.. the buttons are REALLY hard and I think not working correctly. It's really hard to press down and to know if it is actually pressed and in the manual to forward a song I need to press it 3 times, I press it 3 times and nothing happens. I need to press it 4 times and the result is the song is paused and I need to press it again to listen to the next song...

is it a bad pair?
should i get it exchanged?

help

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #750 of 854
New NuForce NE-7M owner here!

Below is my earlier post in another thread:

"I auditioned both Metro Fi 150 as well as the NuForce NE-7M about two hours ago.

Metro-Fi 150:
-heavy bass, decent sound-stage (though very artificial), very colored sound, lacks details and separation.

NE-7M:
-lesser bass but still pack a heavy punch, smaller sound-stahe, details and clarity are there, separation is decent for its price

Tested using Apple iPhone 3GS with Apple loseless formats MP3. The Metro-Fi 150 sound quality is way off as compared to NE-7M, so much so I was shaking my head throughout the 5min audition.

But of course the NE-7M has lots and lots to catch up as compared to my beloved Westone UM3X. SGD$89 for a backup earphone cum headset is not a bad investment after all."

For the price, the sound quality is indeed great. In fact, it sounds somewhat similar to Sennheiser IE7 which I previously owned, except the sound stage is smaller. Currently burning in.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back