REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Apr 5, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #617 of 854
Thank you for all your help dweaver and HeadphoneAddict. As for the misalignment problem, I think I solved it by making use of my collection of adapters. I used one of my many 1/8" to 1/4" adapters and inserted it into the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that came with my HD-555s. It seems to work, as there is no more ghosting or hiss, but, depending on the combination of adapters, it may not always work. Should I have the money to spare in the future, I'll purchase that Shure attenuator.

The Comply tips also arrived and while I was waiting I had a burn-in of about 30-40 hours. Although I cannot compare the sound to when they were fresh out of the box, namely because the tips were so uncomfortable, with the Comply tips they not only sound amazing but are very comfortable, as many mentioned before. The bass is... Well, you can definitely feel it. I also listen to lots of music with microbeats like Different Colours by Fantastic Plastic Machine or Machi by ACO. You can hear every little sound among the rest, no matter how faint. If you're not used to quality earphones with great isolation then it's almost as if you're listening to new music altogether. Hughes de Courson's albums sound absolutely sublime. You can even hear the fabric of a musician's sleeve brush up against something.

Thanks again guys.

Apr 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #618 of 854
Glad your enjoying your new phones and your welcome, it's nice to have been able to help. :)

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #619 of 854
i received my earphone few days ago..with about 20 hours in it...the sibilance is still quite apparent..it's piercing that it feels uncomfortable. it is because not enough burn in?
thanks!

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #620 of 854
Thanks for the great review, HPA. This one finally pushed me over the edge and I received my NE7M's yesterday. Money well spent!

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #621 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i received my earphone few days ago..with about 20 hours in it...the sibilance is still quite apparent..it's piercing that it feels uncomfortable. it is because not enough burn in?
thanks!

Give them 85-100 hours, and also try the Complys T400 tips, or some black silicone tips from the Shure E2c. I have not heard any sibilance with mine, but the right tips and burn-in are sure to help you. With the NE-8 I heard some sibilance and burn-in and proper tips (stock NE-8 bi-flange) made it all go away.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #623 of 854
Just got my Comply T400 Tips today (3 pair) Thanks HPA now just waiting for the NE-7M's to get here so that I can give my thoughts compared to the Headbanger Universal Headphones (DANGEROUS to my opinion)

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #624 of 854
I think I have found another tip type that might work for people. I was commenting in another thread how I liked the comfort of the JVC Aircushion (HA-FX66) headphones and I wondered if the tips from those phones would fit on my NE's and by golly they do! I am now trying these out as an alternative to my Comply tips (I find the Comply's a bit to isolating and I have to push them in my ear to far which is bothering my canal, this combined with the fact that they only come in the one size causes them to put to much pressure inside my ear for my liking). I like the feel of the JVC tips, they seem almost oily which is sealing in my ear without having to be inserted very deeply not to mention they slip in very easily. So if anyone has a pair of JVC's lying around and are not happy with their current NE tips, give them a try.

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #625 of 854
Quote:

Give them 85-100 hours, and also try the Complys T400 tips, or some black silicone tips from the Shure E2c.

Just recently purchased the ne-7m thanks to this forum. But having major problems getting the shure e2c tips to actually fit. I purchased the ea510m which are the newer black silicone tips for the e2c found on the shure website. Was this a huge error? Or should I have purchased the older pa749m tips on ebay.
If they're both the same then I'm having a hard time envisioning these being the correct tips because the tip canal clearly looks more narrow than the headphone tube. Thanks for any advice

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #626 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by anreddy1116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just recently purchased the ne-7m thanks to this forum. But having major problems getting the shure e2c tips to actually fit. I purchased the ea510m which are the newer black silicone tips for the e2c found on the shure website. Was this a huge error? Or should I have purchased the older pa749m tips on ebay.
If they're both the same then I'm having a hard time envisioning these being the correct tips because the tip canal clearly looks more narrow than the headphone tube. Thanks for any advice

I don't know about a change with new tips - the ones that I got were from eBay seller eBay Store – FPLstore: Search results for shure e2. and I think they were PA749M

Apr 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #627 of 854
The tips require a little bit more effort to place than the the stock tips.
And the sound improvement was obvious with the low-end bass so great recommendation. Thanks.
One final question I have is: other than improved isolation and comfort does the comply t400 offer sound improvement or positive changes compared to the shure e2c tips.
Deciding whether to return the comply tips or keep them for occassional use. Don't like the idea of spending money on tips on a regular interval.

Thanks.

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #629 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
possible to use comply t500?

Good question - anyone know? I know they should be similar to the T400 but slightly different, and if I recall someone once said somewhere that they may be slightly loose on the NE-7M. The T400 fit my Denon C700, NE-8, NE-7M and Senn IE8, and my daughter's Super.fi 5 Pro (which she later lost).

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #630 of 854
I've been thinking of getting these Nuforce Ne-7M, but really want multi-flange tips. So far I have been considering buying some outright (from either head direct, or ultimate ears on amazon), or buying soundmagic PL11 and using the tips that come with that phone. They look EXACTLY the same as the NuForce, so I'm assuming the tips would fit. Have you guys used any of these tips?

head direct: Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi Double Flange Silicone Ear Tips: Everything Else (these ones I emailed the seller about and they said that they are compatible.)

Sound Magic PL12 Hi-Fi Ear Plug Earphone $12.4 - Free Shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back