[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Oct 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #61 of 349
The build time for the SE 5-way is 3 months, it's an extremely complex design and with a sound signature closer to that of the K10 than the 5S (judging by reviews and descriptions).

I find my acrylic customs to be perfectly comfortable. Once you get a proper fit, the CIEMs just disappear when you insert them. I only feel the cables and I wear my CIEMs for 6-8 hours at a time.

This isn't entirely true. I'm probably one of the newer SE5 owners and my set only took a few weeks to build. Just like every other CIEM company, I think it depends on the flow of business. Also, while I do find the SE5 to be more neutral than the 8.A, I wouldn't consider it a neutral sound at all. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #62 of 349
Who is this Wizard person everyone speaks to highly about? Oh yeah, that guy.
wink_face.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #63 of 349
The build time for the SE 5-way is 3 months, it's an extremely complex design and with a sound signature closer to that of the K10 than the 5S (judging by reviews and descriptions).

I find my acrylic customs to be perfectly comfortable. Once you get a proper fit, the CIEMs just disappear when you insert them. I only feel the cables and I wear my CIEMs for 6-8 hours at a time.
It might have been but now they build it in a week.

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #67 of 349
I have a K10. It is currently back at the lab for a refit but I spent a week with it. Simply amazing, but I could not listen for more than two hours at a time because of the fit issue. I am assured that the crew is hard at work setting it straight and I will post detailed impressions/review once I get them back.

About the 5S: I have a 5.0 and will probably ask bangkokkid if they can take those away when I get my K10 back and cast them in silicone for me. I like the isolation with the new foam tips (that may still be something of a secret) but would prefer silicone I think based on what I have been reading. Plus the designs they can do with silicone are jaw droppingly beautiful.

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #68 of 349
It might have been but now they build it in a week.

My bad - they said 3 months when I enquired but that was over a year ago. Maybe they figured out how to dial the silicone dispenser up to 11 or something 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #70 of 349
  No problem. I do not know if you know this, but the 5S, is it like an improved Heir 5.0 but in custom silicone shell ?

AFAIK it's an improved version of the 5.0 (like the 8.A -> 8C improvements) and in a silicone shell. Very curious about them, but not $1300 curious.

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #72 of 349
Perhaps this can be added to the review: Noble will have a U.S. based contact for shipping to and from the U.S. and Noble will also have a U.K. based contact for E.U. folks.

Noble Audio is really on top of things, which is very nice to see.

Argh... This UK office thing is sooooo dangerous to my wallet.
confused_face.gif

Edit: or is it just a contact thing? For US you mention shipping, for UK just contact... ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back