[REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor
Nov 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #301 of 367
  Oh, it's not the K10U, it's the custom, Kunlun. So... I'll be patiently waiting the 6 weeks or so til I receive it in the mail.

Anyway, yes, I will be having fun and it may well be the AK240 when and if the price goes down a bit, which I'm expecting next year when all the other creatures start crawling out of the audio womb, lol.
But meanwhile I think I can get on with the K10 and my X5. Do you agree or don't you think they can pair well?

I haven't tried the k10 with the x5, so you'll know better than I will.

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #303 of 367
I was just using the K10/X5 combo last night. In terms of sound it seemed pretty damn enjoyable. UI is another matter... But the sound seemed very nice to me. Didn't notice any brightness or anything, though maybe lacking the resolution of the AK240 or Calyx M. Still, good for the price.

So far the K10 has sounded nice with literally every single source I've plugged it in. From Moto G (1st gen) to my HTC M8, my laptop, straight from the DX50, DX90 and PB2. It does scale though - they just keep getting better.

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #305 of 367
After doing a demo, I've ordered my K10 during the black friday deal.
One question I have though is driving this pair. 
In the site it says the impedance is <35, I guess this is the recommended output impedance of the headphone not the load impedance of the headphone itself?
This puzzles me somewhat as my 1st CIEM hidition NT6 did not do all that well against most hi powered headphone amps. Had to go below 1 impedance.
My last CIEM was Unique Melody PP6 and I did not have to worry about DAC/amp at all.

Now, I would like to know if there are DAC/amp combos that you gentlemen recommend. At the demo, I brought my Raspberry pi + T-DAC monstrosity to test it out and was not too bad, but I would really prefer if someone can recommend me a good portable DAC/amp for this iem.

Update:
atm, I'm looking at Audinst mx2.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #306 of 367
The Apex Glacier does very well with the Kaiser 10, a smoothly extended sound that's like a nice tube amp. The Leckerton uha-6s mkii is bassy  below and clear in the the mids and treble to my ears and was a good match with the K10 as well.

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #307 of 367
I have been listening to my K10 with a couple of new amps lately, the admittedly lower end iFi iCAN Nano and TCG U-Skin.
I do not like the iFi iCan sound at all. It seems thick and muddled, has channel imbalance issues. There is a kind of natural feel to the decay that is kind of nice but that's about it.
The Uskin on the other hand I like quite a lot. It is really tiny, and has a fast accurate sound if maybe a tad bright (I can see how on something other than a K10 it could yield sibilant results, but not on the K10). It's just so pleasing to listen to with the K10.
Anyone try the newer Leckerton options with the K10? I would be curious about how they sound.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #308 of 367
I haven't heard it with the 760, but the K10 out of the UHA-6S.mkii with the low gain mod and AD8620 op amps is absolutely divine. Completely silent, such big soundstage, and slamming bass when it is in the recording.

It is very addicting.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #310 of 367
I also have both the K10 and the SE846. While the SE846 is definitely an amazing headphone (I think there is definitely some magic involved to get a 4 driver IEM to sound that good), the K10 is just a technically superior headphone.

To my ears, the SE846 has just a bit more amplified feeling on the lows. It is like somebody turned up the amp on the bass guitar and kick drum while leaving everything else alone. This is with the balanced filter; the black filter is even warmer, and the white filter is just a little too silibant for my tastes. I think the balanced blue filter suits my tastes the best.

The K10s are more neutral. It doesn't feel like somebody messed with any part of the frequency. Everything is where it should be, and the levels across all frequencies are just about perfect to my ears. However, if a piece of music calls for a big bass slam, the K10 can definitely deliver in spades. Additionally, the K10 is never sibilant, which is awesome if you are as sensitive to that as I am.

I think that what you get with the K10 is just a bit more refinement in the playback. The bass isn't as present when it isn't called for, but if it is there you'll have both more quantity and a bit more controlled quality in the K10. The same is true across the spectrum: the mids are just a little bit more clean, and the higher treble just sparkles a bit more. Listening to the decaying ringing of a cymbal hit just sounds more true to life on the K10.

I think the biggest thing that a K10 will get you is better layering, better imaging, and a bigger sound stage. The SE846 is by no means a slouch; I would probably say it is about 90% or slightly more of the overall quality of the K10. However, if you really want the best possible playback experience that money can buy in an IEM, and you want that slightly larger bass slam or that last little bit of sparkle, you will definitely not go wrong getting the K10.

i have the K3003 (which the consensus from most people who owned both 846/3003, is that it is easily a better IEM than the 846) and i am thinking of going for the K10 in the near future

however i am a bit confused by this review a bit

if 846 = 90% of the k10 quality, then k3003 is somewhere near 95% of the K10 quality- but are the differences that small for a 700$ difference between the K3003 and the k10 price ?

still , i am very interested in the K10 (especially if i gather the 1600$/get bored with the K3003 and sell it)

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #311 of 367
At this range, you are paying a lot of additional money fore slight or marginal improvements. The K10 is probably better than the K3003, but it isn't going to be a huge night and day difference. You are paying a lot to squeeze the very best possible performance out of your IEM.

Is it worth it? That is definitely up to you.

FWIW, I haven't heard the K3003, so I can't honestly say what the differences are. I just know that I have read comparisons between the K3003 and SE846 saying they are roughly on par. And if that is the case, I would probably choose the K10. But I will leave a real comparison to somebody who has heard both.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #312 of 367
I haven't heard it with the 760, but the K10 out of the UHA-6S.mkii with the low gain mod and AD8620 op amps is absolutely divine. Completely silent, such big soundstage, and slamming bass when it is in the recording.

It is very addicting.

Are you using the UHA for the DAC as well, or just for the amp? I'm hoping to use it as both directly out of an iPhone using the Camera Connection Kit cable.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #315 of 367
I've been enjoying the K10 for a couple of days now, mostly through my Cowon P1. The K10s are lovely and warm, but I'm wondering if they might sound a little better with a more open, 'brighter' sounding DAP. The AK240 is the obvious choice but I don't want to pay that much at the moment, especially after having bad experiences with the AK120. 

Any suggestions for DAPs that play well with the K10 please? 

Also, the K10s sound to me like they have quieter treble than even the Roxanne, which I was not expecting. Does the treble reveal itself more over time?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back