REVIEW (more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp
Aug 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #483 of 515
  Remembered that last time I left it running with my Macbook lid close (not sure Dacport is running or not), when I came back try to touch the unit feels like you touching faulty IC(integrated circuit). I mean really hot.

I followed the advice earlier in this thread, and bought a cheap heatsink which I keep rubber-banded to the DACport - keeps the heat down to "barely warm" even after hours of play.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #484 of 515
Hi guys,

I just recently purchased a 2nd-hand DACport and together with my Havi B3 IEMs, its absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and it gets even better when I listen to 24 bit FLACs for the first time...words can't describe the euphoric experience. Oh wait, I just used the word euphoric lol.

Anyway, I've got a question, I am planning to get this 2nd hand active speakers in the future: http://www.aktimate.com.au/mini+.html
I understand from the centrance website that the DACport's line out behaves as a level line-out when connected to active speakers but I'm not sure if the DACport can feed this speakers properly? I'm just afraid because of its size as compared to conventional desktop DACs, it might not be suitable for such speakers? Anyone has any experience connecting the DACport to similar speakers? 

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #485 of 515
  Hi guys,

I just recently purchased a 2nd-hand DACport and together with my Havi B3 IEMs, its absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and it gets even better when I listen to 24 bit FLACs for the first time...words can't describe the euphoric experience. Oh wait, I just used the word euphoric lol.

Anyway, I've got a question, I am planning to get this 2nd hand active speakers in the future: http://www.aktimate.com.au/mini+.html
I understand from the centrance website that the DACport's line out behaves as a level line-out when connected to active speakers but I'm not sure if the DACport can feed this speakers properly? I'm just afraid because of its size as compared to conventional desktop DACs, it might not be suitable for such speakers? Anyone has any experience connecting the DACport to similar speakers? 

It should work just fine - I often use the DACport with a custom ALO audio cable that has a 1/4" TRS plug on one end & dual RCA on the other end, and I feed the RCA plugs into my tiny Audioengine A2 speakers.  

I can turn up the volume knob on the DACport to get something close to a line-level output, and control the volume with the speaker's control (or I can turn up the speaker's volume and control everything with the DACport's volume knob).

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #488 of 515
Hi fellow head-fiers, would want some advice... Is it still wise to purchase a second hand Centrance Dacport today now that it's 4+yrs old? I am using the Leckerton UHA-4 dac/amp combo and considering upgrading to something with higher sample rate /bit depth support. Thanks in advance any suggestions.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #489 of 515
Hi fellow head-fiers, would want some advice... Is it still wise to purchase a second hand Centrance Dacport today now that it's 4+yrs old? I am using the Leckerton UHA-4 dac/amp combo and considering upgrading to something with higher sample rate /bit depth support. Thanks in advance any suggestions.

I had similar questions prior to purchasing a second hand DACport. I think it comes down to the price. In my case, its still better than the DACs I compared with it to in the similar price range, namely the Schitt Modi and E10k.

Having the DACport for a couple of weeks now, I am loving it so far and found it a great introduction to 24 bit music as well.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #490 of 515
Thanks for your reply cireyay. Makes me want to get it now! I'm just thinking... I might be regretting it after a while if I see something better coming out in the near future... especially after CanJam.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #491 of 515
  Thanks for your reply cireyay. Makes me want to get it now! I'm just thinking... I might be regretting it after a while if I see something better coming out in the near future... especially after CanJam.

haha no problem. But I think thats the general case with audio gear, at least from what I've been observing on head-fi, there is always curiosity at work that leads us to explore other gear!
I don't earn much, so that kind of helps in preventing frequent audio gear acquisition syndrome.

If you can afford to wait for CanJam, why not, no harm imo. But new gear also tends to be more expensive.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #492 of 515
I own a Centrance Dacport and I pair it with Sennheiser HD600, those work great. I would like to use the DACport as a DAC and trow the Bottlehead Crack in chain and see how that works.
Hopefully great, but I need to wait for my Bottlehead Crack to arrive 
L3000.gif

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #494 of 515
  how would describe your experience pairing the HD600 with the DACport? Is there a good soundstage, with a little warmth and intimacy in the music?

Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back