REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Mar 26, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #767 of 835
oh wow, glad I got mine last year, think I was the last who got a black one directly from Meier :)
I'm wondering when/if the Stagedac will also get sold out anytime soon, already the silver version is no longer available. Was planning to get one soon, but not just yet, must... resist...

Curious as to whether or not there will be any new Meier products at all. Didn't he, like, sort of suggest that he was basically working his way towards quitting with Meier Audio, sometime ago?

Mar 26, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #768 of 835
I hope not...
eek.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #769 of 835
He did post here that he did not plan to increase the number of products he makes...I took it more as perhaps he was going to turn to some higher end, lower volume products, but that was ONLY MY guessing, I have no knowledge of what he plans to do.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #770 of 835
I talked to Jan just yesterday and he said Concerto, StageDAC and Symphony are gone for good. New product line should be ready in a few months. No indication of what they will be.

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #771 of 835

Quote:
I talked to Jan just yesterday and he said Concerto, StageDAC and Symphony are gone for good. New product line should be ready in a few months. No indication of what they will be.

In that case I treasure my Concerto even more! It has given me so many hours of musical joy so far. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #774 of 835

Quote:

I'm gong to make an educated guess... there will be one DAC (optionally balanced), one amp (optionally balanced), and maybe a portable dac/amp. That's just wild speculation though
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #775 of 835

Quote:
I'm gong to make an educated guess... there will be one DAC (optionally balanced), one amp (optionally balanced), and maybe a portable dac/amp. That's just wild speculation though
rolleyes.gif

I have asked Jan and he said that there won't be any upgrade to StageDAC. The new amp will be up in about half a years time. Meh!

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #776 of 835
Is it normal I have to put the volume to 01.00 for me to enjoy music at the right volume?

Gain setting is set on high.

Source: eac's through foobar wasapi 16 bits.

thnx for replies

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #777 of 835
Is it normal I have to put the volume to 01.00 for me to enjoy music at the right volume?

thnx for replies

What headphones are you using? How loud do you like it?

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #778 of 835
Quote:

thnx for replies

I'm not sure about your source, because I don't know much about it, but I had a similar situation as you BEFORE I got my DAC.

I was going without a DAC for a while, to fund for the StageDAC, and even with the high gain on my Concerto alone, I had to go real high on the volume dial too.

Now since adding my StageDAC I can't go past 10 o'clock. So I'm guessing you're in the same situation... Also, The StageDAC has a high/low gain setting, so you might want to check your source for that too.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #779 of 835
I just don't undesrtand why he stopped producing the Concerto, which is such a great and well received amp, if he doesn't have anything new for at least 6 months???:rolleyes: Maybe is taking a long break in Hawaii or Bali.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #780 of 835
Probably because it's hard to do R&D and sales at the same time when you're a one man show. Jan told me once that winter time is for sales, so I imagine spring/summer is when he works on new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back