[REVIEW] MEElectronics A151
Feb 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #16 of 26
That said -  I ultimately made the call due to comfort.  I'm cursed with (presumably unusually) small ear canals - and of all the options sent with the A151 only one is comfortable for extended periods - it's not the small olive!  It's the tri-flange inserted about halfway.  For me this actually produces a very serviceable seal, though the housings protrude from my ears more than I'd like - it affects how well I can wrap the cord around my ears and looks funny.  Would very much like to find some smaller tips.  The CC51's by contrast sounded beautiful in their own right, but there was pretty much no getting around the fact that the driver (though small) actually ends up in your ear canal - and it's diameter was too big for my comfort - the smallest flanges produced a burning pain after 1 or 2 tracks.

I feel your pain (pun intended). The CC51 were too big for my ears as well. The narrow nozzle of the A151 is quite nice for small ears. :)

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #17 of 26

Quote:
I feel your pain (pun intended). The CC51 were too big for my ears as well. The narrow nozzle of the A151 is quite nice for small ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have small ears too, the triple flanges that come with the A151 are too big for me. I have the XePort 7010 which its housing is identical to the CC51, and I felt the fit was too tight, and it was too big for me.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 26
 I have small ears too, the triple flanges that come with the A151 are too big for me. I have the XePort 7010 which its housing is identical to the CC51, and I felt the fit was too tight, and it was too big for me.

I could never get the triples to fit either. I got a pair of triples slightly different with a M6P recently and actually got them to seal, but they were very uncomfortable. Either small stock or the super small Sony Hybrids have been the best for me with the A151.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #19 of 26
Strange the triples are the only stock tips that work for me. They're pretty comfortable too; My only complaint is that they sometimes stay in my ear when I pull the earpieces out.

Seems like Etymotics will be VERY comfortable for me.

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #21 of 26
the triple flanges did that to me too, really annoying when they get stuck. I moved to shure olives, which are great, isolate really well and are comfy

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #23 of 26
interestins, as i always found that i prefer foam tips.

Each to their own, i think its because the foam molds better to my ear canal. I will get customs oune day.

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #24 of 26
Got these from Newegg over the holidays. Still haven't been able to give them enough of a workout as headphones are more compatible with my prime listening hours during the dead times at work (like now. Gotta be able to answer the phone and respond quickly to guest requests). But I'm satisfied so far.

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
Strange the triples are the only stock tips that work for me. They're pretty comfortable too; My only complaint is that they sometimes stay in my ear when I pull the earpieces out.

Seems like Etymotics will be VERY comfortable for me.

I can report that in time, the triples came to be the most comfortable and I most enjoyed inserting them very deeply.  I think it's a combination of getting used to the physical feeling and the tips themselves actually 'loosening' up and becoming more flexible over time.

The "stuck in the ear" issue happened a number of times and I hated it (had to find & use needle nose pliers to pull them out).  I found a solution however:  remove the tips, clean the nozzles well, and cut a thin strip of that waterproof cloth bandage tape you find in first aid kits.  Two wraps around the nozzles is plenty to make the tips fit very snug (you'll struggle to get them on).  They won't slip off thereafter.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #26 of 26
I've had the A151's for a little over a month, and early on they were my go to earphone until I got the UE 500's. Then I got an amplifier and started running through that, and let me tell you, with the amp, the A151's leap frogged the 500's in sound quality and fun factor immediately! The clarity, lushness, and soundstage greatly improved! Now the A151's will remain my flagship phones...for another two days. That's when my UE TF 10's arrive! Still...the A51's are an amazing budget phone. i agree with your assessment almost 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back