Review: JHAudio JH|10X3PRO VS Westone ES3X (FINISHED)
Sep 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #31 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By your logic, I could post a thread saying "Review: New Westone ES4X!".

When people are understandably annoyed because they entered the thread on the pretense that they're going to see a review of a newly released custom, I can simply let them know that I'll review the ES4X as soon as it's released.

It's obvious misdirection. It's nice that you've now included the "in progress", but the reality is that the post does not contain what it implies it does. The idea that it's justifiable on the basis that those who are in the market can wait for the review is weak.

What makes you different from everyone else, who waits until they have a review to post it? Just curious why you feel you should be an exception to the rest of head-fi, on this matter...

The in Progress has been up ever since i started this thread. To your
ES4X" statement, that's on a totally different matter. There's no news or any facts about the ES4X and one claiming to review "AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT" doesn't have anything to back themselves up, what is an ES4X never came? Then your review would never be posted and therefore rendering the thread useless.

I don't see anyone going into review threads and "complaining" that there's no review besides yourself. I'm not making an exception to myself, i am simply stating that making a thread to show that an review is in progress shows a sense of organization and also allows the readers to know that this review is on it's way.

If your thoughts on this was true and correct, then on the same line manufacturers wouldn't have to spend money and time doing press release on it's products. They could simply just "release" the product when it's ready.

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #32 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your thoughts on this was true and correct, then on the same line manufacturers wouldn't have to spend money and time doing press release on it's products. They could simply just "release" the product when it's ready.

Good point!

I appreciate the fact that you're taking your time going through with the review. That way I know that I'm getting an honest assessment, and not a bias opinion due a Customer Service issue with one of the brands, or something similar to that nature.

Thanks for your thoughts so far!

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #33 of 106
maodi!, wait for the UM quads to come , then three way
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #34 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maodi!, wait for the UM quads to come , then three way
smily_headphones1.gif

trying to stay away from that. The Quads are 4 driver, and not three. I'm keeping this review at the 10X3 and the ES3X. I'll review the Quads separately
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #37 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah , but its in that "price range" well sorta, and will be the main customs that the quads will be compared to besides the JH11 and UE11 :p

not really....haha. The review will definitely be separated, i'll see if i can grab that 11 out of UE.

Sep 21, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #38 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
never did like mr. jones.

looking forward to your review
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't like people when they jump and rant about a problem or issue that is basically their own opinion. We could do a little survey,

who's appreciated that i let all my fellow peers know beforehand the review is in progress? compared to just letting the review out "SOMETIME" no one knows about.

Sep 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #39 of 106
Quote:

I don't like people when they jump and rant about a problem or issue that is basically their own opinion. We could do a little survey,

who's appreciated that i let all my fellow peers know beforehand the review is in progress? compared to just letting the review out "SOMETIME" no one knows about.

Well I've been checking out the various snippets of information that's been lying around the forum for the last couple of weeks or so which has helped me to make up my own mind, which has pleased my fiance no end...
biggrin.gif

JH|10X3 Pro FTW!
smile.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #40 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by pluk2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've been checking out the various snippets of information that's been lying around the forum for the last couple of weeks or so which has helped me to make up my own mind, which has pleased my fiance no end...
biggrin.gif

JH|10X3 Pro FTW!
smile.gif

Congratulations on your purchase of the 10X3 then?
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #42 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering if it might be possible to throw the Mage into the mix for a three-way review?

Staying away from that. Different configuration, not a consistent review.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #43 of 106
Quote:

Staying away from that. Different configuration, not a consistent review.

Sound is still sound. If you don't compare the Mage to the other custom IEMs you have, then your review (of the Mage) won't be of much use, to be frank.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #44 of 106
^^, X2.

The configuration and price-wise might be different, but, the SQ is the most important. If the M IEMs win in SQ, built quality and price, so, let it be, at least we know that the Ms better, in your POV.

p/s: Any tentative date for the review to comes out?

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #45 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound is still sound. If you don't compare the Mage to the other custom IEMs you have, then your review (of the Mage) won't be of much use, to be frank.

Comparing is one matter, placing them in the review and using them a reference to one another is a different matter. I can surely compare them to each other, offering which has better highs, soundstage and so on as sole information. But using each another as a reference and comparison to grade them in terms of a review point, and where they stand in terms of quality over is unfair as they have a different configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back