Review: JHAudio JH|10X3PRO VS Westone ES3X (FINISHED)
Sep 10, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #16 of 106
Here's the New case, just some size comparison pictures.
IMG_0119.jpg

The Shiny Silver wording black sticker

IMG_0122.jpg

Comes with a small little pouch for your Monitors

IMG_0126.jpg

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #18 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by theoaklandraider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice case! Much smaller than the original.

Still waiting on your comparison review...!

It is indeed a very nice case, but i think that JHA is starting to cheap out as they are only sending the new Otterbox 1000 now instead of the original Carbon Fiber case. The Otterbox probably costs them $5 to order for the bulk amount the order, and the customization of them. The Carbon Fiber box is much better looking and classier, it'd cost them i think $50 to buy one...

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #19 of 106
I Am working on the review! Taking my time listening to them for the best listening experience so i can get some real detail down. =) Sorry for the wait everyone!

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #21 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might have a chance to do a similar comparison...but maybe with the JH13 instead...

Nothing to properly compare the 13's too

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #23 of 106
Quote:

I'm really debating between the JH10X3 and ES3X's... So I'm waiting paitently lol.

I'm sort of a basshead so I'm not sure either will really suit me...

Oh don't you worry, both will satisfy you. Though i would lean to the 10X3 if i were a basshead...You might also want to look into the Futuresonics Ear Monitor Custom if basshead is what you call yourself.

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #24 of 106
Ok, I've been doing more research and reading before returning to this thread, and it seems like my sound signature preference is the ES3X. I also like the way the cable holds the wires together. I think the 10X3 using a platic tube like my Shures, which I don't like. The ES3X's have a small bead to hold the cables together correct?

So.... How's that review coming along...? haha!

Sep 18, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 106
Quote:

Ok, I've been doing more research and reading before returning to this thread, and it seems like my sound signature preference is the ES3X. I also like the way the cable holds the wires together. I think the 10X3 using a platic tube like my Shures, which I don't like. The ES3X's have a small bead to hold the cables together correct?

So.... How's that review coming along...? haha!

Still working on it, i myself find the tube is a lot easier to use VS the bead, the bead always gets stuck cause the cables try to pass through twisted while you never get the same problem with the little tube on the 10X3.. The 10X3's take the low end in punch and power, while mids are more detailed and smooth on the Westone 3, the mids are quicker on the 10X3. For highs, relatively the same a bit more sparkle on the 10X3 while it's slightly less irritating and better decay on the ES3X.

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #26 of 106
Hey MaoDi, do you feel Westone ES3X is still fast? What benefits does the extra speed of the JH Audio IEMs bring - is the sound more realistic during heavy music passages? I just ordered ES3X, but all that talk about JH IEMs using faster drivers is really bothering me.

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #27 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey MaoDi, do you feel Westone ES3X is still fast? What benefits does the extra speed of the JH Audio IEMs bring - is the sound more realistic during heavy music passages? I just ordered ES3X, but all that talk about JH IEMs using faster drivers is really bothering me.

Don't worry, both monitors are extremely quick. However, the 10X3 takes the upperhand. Listening to trance with quick beats, or when drumming is heavy in the fills or there's an rather quick beat then the 10X3 is less muffled up and is able to clearly distinct the beats and hits. The ES3X isn't disappointing or that it can't make the beat, just the 10X3 sounds more refined when these passages and pieces come along.

Sep 19, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #28 of 106
No offense, but IMO there should be a ban on starting review threads that do not contain a review.

The JH5pro review thread was like 5 pages long with no review (!?!) and I've noticed with other such "review" threads that posters make them, then never actually post their review. The original UM thread being a good example.

I know that people are excited about their purchase and want a way to express their excitement before receiving their IEM, but these are creating a bad precedent.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #29 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but IMO there should be a ban on starting review threads that do not contain a review.

The JH5pro review thread was like 5 pages long with no review (!?!) and I've noticed with other such "review" threads that posters make them, then never actually post their review. The original UM thread being a good example.

I know that people are excited about their purchase and want a way to express their excitement before receiving their IEM, but these are creating a bad precedent.

I'm sorry, but think that that statement is totally irrelevant. This thread clearly states that the review is in progress, and it allows users to know that there will be a review coming so they can hold back their purchase to see if the products being reviewed may be what they are looking for. It's just simply more organized. The JH5PRO review thread also states that the OP is LOOKING for a JH5PRO Review and not starting a review themselves.

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #30 of 106
By your logic, I could post a thread saying "Review: New Westone ES4X!".

When people are understandably annoyed because they entered the thread on the pretense that they're going to see a review of a newly released custom, I can simply let them know that I'll review the ES4X as soon as it's released.

It's obvious misdirection. It's nice that you've now included the "in progress", but the reality is that the post does not contain what it implies it does. The idea that it's justifiable on the basis that those who are in the market can wait for the review is weak.

What makes you different from everyone else, who waits until they have a review to post it? Just curious why you feel you should be an exception to the rest of head-fi, on this matter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back