Review in progress - Kenwood HD30GB9
May 1, 2007 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Assorted

Headphoneus Supremus
imgkenjw1.jpg
img3091mediumvz4.jpg

I'm writing a review on the Kenwood HD30GB9, which should be done around 2 weeks. My initial comparisons will be against my iRiver H10, Creative ZVM, and hopefully a DCP-150, with Shure E500PTH and Senn 650s, and a Total Airhead amp.

The review will also include my experiences with the Kenwood Customer service.

Right now my dap is in transit for servicing, and it would be nice to know what other sources or headphones I should compare with, any requests, since I believe this is will be my first review.

EDIT: 4 weeks, since for some reason my package is delayed

May 1, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 50
Can you also do a part with using it unamped? I'm interested in the Kenwood+E500 part.

May 1, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 50
Yes, me too. Would like to see what your thoughts are both amped and unamped. Thanks for doing this!

May 1, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 50
HI Assorted,

looking forward to your review as i too will be receiving my kenwood in a week or so. interested in howt he kenwood customer service experience is. I really had a bad experience with the sony customer service before, they put me on hold for a total of 4 hours one day..
frown.gif

do you mind if i add some comparisons with my D2 and HD30GB9 to this?

May 1, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 50
Cool ... but by then I should have receive my Kenwood HD30GB9 as well
cool.gif

May 2, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 50
I won't have a D2, but I might be able to attend the Edmonton Meet and maybe hook up with a couple more equipment + opinions to add to my impressions.

If you're wondering about unamped E500, I say go for it. It's as good as it gets compared to anything else unamped (except for the iMod which I haven't listened to yet).

May 2, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you have to send it and what is wrong with the player, please?

I sent it to their service dep. in Japan. I talked with other 30GB9 owners and it seems like I have an isolated case of some malfunction in the USB function (it reads as "error").

May 2, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #11 of 50
Hi Assorted. I'd like also to know how the amped Kenwood behaves against unamped, and against amped iRiver and Creative Vision M.
Some guys said that the Kenwood gives bad results when using an amp: I hope it is not the case.

May 4, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #13 of 50
Could you compare this(HD30GB9) to 5G ipod if use E500PTH straightout to the headphone jack(both unampd)?.

May 4, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 50
I'll try to do as many comparisons as possible, including the 5G iPod.

I'm also having my E500 repaired now (yes the cable's ripped), so I probably will need a couple more weeks.

I was thinking of trading in/selling my E500s after the review for a Westone 3 or that new UE IEM that's coming out sometime later, so I can do an expansion on the review
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back