Review in progress - Kenwood HD30GB9
Jun 2, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #46 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiaping /img/forum/go_quote.gif
correct me if i am wrong, this player has pre amp and amp inside? so does that means external amp are no longer needed? will it help the sound quality to use external amp such RSA ? can't wait for ur reviews thanks

Amps will always help if you're running high impedance headphones, especially using this method: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=preamp+hornet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is it in the "jump trough hoops to load music" department ?
it brings a normal USB or propietary connector ?
do you have to sync it with WMP or Kenwood's own Music administration software or can you just drag and drop music in to it ?

The GB9 doesn't work with WMP unless you use the new firmware (which I don't). And I don't understand the first part of what you said :/

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amps will always help if you're running high impedance headphones, especially using this method: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=preamp+hornet

Hey Assorted,
The problem, this way, is that you'll amp the hiss greatly. I don't think such a thing can be done with IEMs, save for the ER4S. Not using the Kenwood, at least.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #48 of 50
It works with my Senn's though. I'd rather not use an amp with IEMs.

My setup isn't exactly lowest volume on DAP, highest on amp. Some people attempt to emulate line-out on their DAPs by having the volume at 100%, which in most cases cause a lot of distortion. What I use is around 50%, which I find is the good balance between battery life and quality on my DAP (the so-called sweet spot), and the amp isn't at highest volume, accordingly.

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #49 of 50
But then it will be worse than a dedicated lineout, I think.
MrLA had the chance to compare unamped Kenwood to the amped combo Kenwood+Supermacro. He prefers the Kenwood unamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back