REVIEW: iBasso D1, Leckerton Audio UHA-3, and Meier Corda Move compared.
Sep 15, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #106 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy enough - if you see my sig, you'll see what I've owned and enjoyed in the past.

That's why i asked - I wan't sure why the Move when you'd had great amps previously. So small size, sounds like a Xin, and faster delivery than a Xin post 04/07 production...

Sep 15, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #107 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why i asked - I wan't sure why the Move when you'd had great amps previously. So small size, sounds like a Xin, and faster delivery than a Xin post 04/07 production...

sold the macro IV 'cause I've been spoiled and for the most part, op amps don't do it for me. Also, micro doesn't push hard to drive cans like DT-880 well, so I need one with more power. Move has 7000 uF capacitance to push harsh passages, which always helps...

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #108 of 247
Euh... to skylab and other ppl who follow after,

Doesn't mean I'm lazy nor anything,
but pardon me for english isn't my first language and I found difficulties to grasp some meaningful attributes and section that you are intended, for me to re-read. But I'm glad you and some people here would like to clarify my question.

The reason I was asking the question at the first place is,
I'm planning to iMod my 4th Gen iPod and it would be the base of my previous question before, whether it's worth to be paired with D1 or I should invest in another decent amp?

But thank you again for responding, I appreciate it so much.

Regards,
Capunk

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #109 of 247
The analog input of the D1(just the amp portion) is not as good as using the digital signal input and the internal DAC plus amp. For me, the D1 is a great all-in-one solution. Im using an older Yamaha Natural Sound CDP as transport to the D1. It makes me forget that I gave up a $500 CDP. I am very impressed by the DAC in the D1 and look forward to rolling opamps to get the sound IM looking for in the amp. My 2 cents.

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #110 of 247
Hmmm this makes me regret getting my MOVE as a DAC/amp combo :frowning2:

Skylab,
Have u tried using a 12v power with the MOVE? i found that using the power supply will increase the soundstage coming out of the DAC.
Also what settings do you use? low gain or high gain as i find these settings affects the sound of MOVE's DAC as trivial as it seems.

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #111 of 247
[size=x-large]STOP THE PRESSES![/size]

I just changed the NE5532 buffers (2) with the LM4562 chip in the amp section. This combined with earlier today replacing the AD823 with a 2111 has brought the amp section to a whole new height. In my earliest comparison when I had used my 4th Gen iModded iPod to drive the D1 and SR71 I stated that they were pretty much the same.

Well that is not longer the case. The D1 amp with the 2111 driving a pair of LM4562 is in the LaRocco PRII MkII territory. Man I wished we had done this test earlier today when I was with Vorlon1 and HiFlight.

Not only is the bass so tight and powerful w/o any bloat but the soundstage has opened even further with an almost holographic sound. 3D for your ears!

HiFlight/Jamato8 please try this combination and report back. Believe me, I want to be wrong. Otherwise a $250 amp plus $40 in chips will sound better than a $565 amp.

HiFlight, the amps puts out plenty of power. Yes I know what the spec sheet says but I only had to go up the equivalent of 1/2 hour to compensate over the stock NE5532. The change is mind boggling, the buffers have brought more of a change than the other two chips previously swapped.

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #112 of 247
Sounds exciting! I only have one 4562, so I will get just half the experience. The thing that has impressed me about the D1 is that to me it does not sound like a portable by conventional terms and this was true even in the stock form.

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #113 of 247
What do you guys think the potential for improving the analog input (amp only) mode of operation is? That seems to be the weak spot of this DAC/AMP.

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #114 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehlarson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think the potential for improving the analog input (amp only) mode of operation is? That seems to be the weak spot of this DAC/AMP.

It is easily improved by swapping the buffers and selecting a different LR.

the OPA2111/LM4562 is great for the amp section as well as the
LTC6241HV/AD8397. It really depends on your preference as to the size and distance of the soundstage.

IMHO, both of these combinations greatly improve the amp section. It now does justice to the quality of the DAC.

Sep 16, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #116 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is easily improved by swapping the buffers and selecting a different LR.

the OPA2111/LM4562 is great for the amp section as well as the
LTC6241HV/AD8397. It really depends on your preference as to the size and distance of the soundstage.

IMHO, both of these combinations greatly improve the amp section. It now does justice to the quality of the DAC.

So where will that leave me with the OPA2111/AD8397x2 that I'm putting in mine?
redface.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #117 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by echooo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to say that, but you misunderstood. Have you read the OP's post until the end.

Yes I have read his post until the end. He has said many times through USB the D1 is better and therefore that to me means the DAC/amp combo of the D1 is better than the MOVE. What indicates the fact that the MOVE is better as a DAC/amp combo?

Sep 16, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #118 of 247
How do these DAC/amp combos compare to something like getting a SilverStone EB01 USB DAC and a XIN SuperMicro-IV (a little more expensive) or XIN Reference (a decent amount more expensive, but is it worth it?)?

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #119 of 247
Which amp sounds better while drinking beer, and which sounds better while drinking wine?
Personally,from all the headphone/amp combinations ive tried,they all sound more and more alike as the night goes on.
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes,i read the review
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #120 of 247
In certain situations and specifically with the Ultrasone 2500, the D1 rivals my desktop combination of Heed/Microdac. That is remarkable for a $230 piece of equipment rivaling a combo costing $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back