REVIEW: iBasso D1, Leckerton Audio UHA-3, and Meier Corda Move compared.
Sep 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #76 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: Well after 1/2 an hour the amp section sound different, cleaner. I think it is the AUX input that can switch from input to output. Anyway I think the amp for whatever reason has to be run for a while with this orientation.

It makes sense that the fly in the ointment is the input circuitry. It is the only thing not in common with the DAC/Amp mode signal path which seems to be quite good.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #77 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you need to go back and re-read the review
biggrin.gif

Sigh
frown.gif

Since you test ur D1 through USB, which in this case you're using D1's DAC plus built in AMP... now what I'm questioning right now, does iMod DAC combined with D1 built in AMP configuration is much more inferior than D1+Built in AMP digital configuration?

Since both tested with D1 built amp anyway?

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #79 of 247
There is some great synergy between the DAC side and the amp side of the D1. With a digital source it belies its $232 price tag. The DAC is very nice indeed. And this is with about 5 hours.

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #80 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iMod plugs into the line-in of the D1, not the DAC side (DAC is USB, Optical or Coax S/PDIF).

So, iMod cannot benefit from the excellent DAC in the D1.

Yes, and I'm pretty understand the situation,
but my question is... how does it compare between...
iMod DAC (Wolfson) vs D1 DAC (err what?) ?
since the test is both using D1-built-in-amp....

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #81 of 247
I'm also interested in knowing the comparison.
To make it clear

Imod -> D1's amp only -> headphone
v.s.
D1 DAC -> D1 amp -> headphone

Since the headphone and amp used are the same, the decisive factor should be the source.

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #82 of 247
Sorry if it was already asked, but are HeadFive and Move similar in sound quality? Or better to say, HeadFive + M-Audio Transit compared to iBasso D1? I am thinking of selingl both HeadFive & Transit and buy D1...

Sep 15, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #83 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, and I'm pretty understand the situation,
but my question is... how does it compare between...
iMod DAC (Wolfson) vs D1 DAC (err what?) ?
since the test is both using D1-built-in-amp....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also interested in knowing the comparison.
To make it clear

Imod -> D1's amp only -> headphone
v.s.
D1 DAC -> D1 amp -> headphone

Since the headphone and amp used are the same, the decisive factor should be the source.

Guys, I am sorry to be a pest, but this is EXACTLY what my review covers! Exactly. So please go back and read it carefully. The whole review is dedicated to answering your question.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #84 of 247
Quote:

Guys, I am sorry to be a pest, but this is EXACTLY what my review covers! Exactly. So please go back and read it carefully. The whole review is dedicated to answering your question.

So are you saying you answered these questions? Can you restate your postion for the edification of those who want a solidification of your pontifications on the amplifications by the subjects of this review?

NO??

Oh consternation.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #85 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are you saying you answered these questions? Can you restate your postion for the edification of those who want a solidification of your pontifications on the amplifications by the subjects of this review?

NO??

Oh consternation.

LMAO! Very funny. Okay, Okay. For those people who insist on the Cliff Notes, here you go:

The D1, when driven from it's analog input (i.e., via the iMod I used to test that), was decent, not great, and the Move was much better. The D1, when driven from it's own DAC, was MUCH better than the D1 driven from the iPod, and also better than the Move when driven from it's internal USB DAC.

Now no one actually has to read the review
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #86 of 247
Going one step further, have you found specific headphones that mate best with the Move or the D1. In the few days I have had the D1 on loan, one (Ultrasone 2500) is far better than the AKG 701; the Denon D2000 sounds great with everything I attach it to (including a Nano, unamped).

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #87 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going one step further, have you found specific headphones that mate best with the Move or the D1.

I think soft candle light and music help, though you might want to throw in something Exciting from time to time to highten the mood. Also a little privacy helps though I guess it depends upon the headphones.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #89 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my 3rd decade of marriage; the ship has sailed, hence all the time spent with audio equipment.

Jamato8 was referring to your second marriage.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #90 of 247
Quote:

LMAO! Very funny. Okay, Okay. For those people who insist on the Cliff Notes, here you go:

The D1, when driven from it's analog input (i.e., via the iMod I used to test that), was decent, not great, and the Move was much better. The D1, when driven from it's own DAC, was MUCH better than the D1 driven from the iPod, and also better than the Move when driven from it's internal USB DAC.

Now no one actually has to read the review
wink.gif

So we have:

D1 USB input > MOVE USB input

and

MOVE line input > D1 line input

What your review didn't cover is the relationship of all four. In your opinion, does the D1 via USB sound better or worse than the MOVE via line-in with the iMod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back