[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #526 of 781
My right earbud is starting to go out when the jack moves. Probably all the work and sweating I've been doing with these things. Oh well, gave me an excuse to pick up some GR07s. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #527 of 781
My right earbud is starting to go out when the jack moves. Probably all the work and sweating I've been doing with these things. Oh well, gave me an excuse to pick up some GR07s. :D
I sent mine back and the shop sent me new ones after experiencing the same issues as you.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #528 of 781
Quote:
I sent mine back and the shop sent me new ones after experiencing the same issues as you.

Hmm, if this is a common issue then I just might do that, but I really have used the crap out of these. Enjoyed them a bunch, so I need to do a little more research. Thanks. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #530 of 781
Hmm, if this is a common issue then I just might do that, but I really have used the crap out of these. Enjoyed them a bunch, so I need to do a little more research. Thanks. 

I believe it's a Common issue. Do a search and you'll see

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #532 of 781
I have treated mine like a raw egg and only put ~5 hours into them. At home only, no sports, no walking, nothing. And one side cut out. This is 100% a build issue.

Hifiman will replace my pair but it's still a lot of trouble because I didn't buy them from a local distributor so I have to send them to Tianjin, China directly.
It's good that they replace it without a hassle and they also admit it's a known issue. Yet I have to wait until October until I have the chance to hand them in (or pay a ridiculous amount of postage) and probably won't have the time to wait for the replacement which means I am without a RE400 until November.
Bought them in July, can't use them until November.

I will think twice about buying from Hifiman again!
Friendly customer service can't fix bad quality.

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #534 of 781
The first run of RE-400 had an issue with the connector. It has been addressed and replacements have shown to be reliable. If you are experiencing one channel cutting out or intermittent, we will replace under warranty. Just email HifiMAN customer service and provide proof of purchase and a new set will be on its way to you.

Peter

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #535 of 781
Quote:
The first run of RE-400 had an issue with the connector. It has been addressed and replacements have shown to be reliable. If you are experiencing one channel cutting out or intermittent, we will replace under warranty. Just email HifiMAN customer service and provide proof of purchase and a new set will be on its way to you.

Peter

Are the ones sold by Hifiman and fulfilled by Amazon US the current replacements? Also, are they the current ones that come with a case?

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #536 of 781
Are the ones sold by Hifiman and fulfilled by Amazon US the current replacements? Also, are they the current ones that come with a case?
my replacement didn't have the case

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #539 of 781
Quote:
It seems some people are using shure olives with re-400. Are they good fit, or you have to improvise to get them on re-400?

From the looks of it, you'll probably have to remove the core but I can't say for sure.  I attempted to make my own foamies out of ear plugs with fairly good success, at least as far as fitment goes.  I made the hole pretty small, then used a pair of hemostats to stretch it open to mount on the nozzle.  Once it set, they stay in place pretty good.  I haven't tested for listening yet, so impressions to come.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #540 of 781
thinking of buying these from amazon.uk only 3 pairs left .. maybe the last ones from there first batch ? if so should i wait a while or what do you think guys? 

i would consider it becouse you guys have said their costumer service and warranty is good.  but sending them from sweden to china could become a expensive and boring story.

cheers.  

also what music do you audiological beings enjoy playing thru these pair of iems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back