[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #241 of 269
Not sure if that was meant to be a jab at me or not, but for whatever its worth I don't buy things made in china if there is any way to avoid it.

I own:
-AKG 701 - made in Austria
-Focal Spirit Classic - Made in France
-AKG 550 - not sure where its made, I traded an American Made HRT product for them on a whim - they say designed in Austria which I suspect means they were made in China
-Ray Samuels P51 - Made in USA
-Ety's - made in USA 
-JVCs made in Japan
-Meridian explorer - made in USA and UK I believe
-HRT Linestreamer - made in USA

Other stuff:
-record player - made in USA
-Phono amp - made in usa
-integrated amp - made in usa
-speakers - made in Europe
-Sub - I made it

In fact, other than the possibility of the AKG 550, I don't own a single thing made in China, at least as far as my stereo goes.

Car - usa
Car - Japan 
Motorcycle - Europe

In fact I go out of my way to first buy USA then countries that aren't like china.  For example, I don't own any hifi man products because they are made in China and I really really want the HE 400.  

So if that was a jab you are barking up the wrong tree.  There is nothing wrong taking a moment to ping the state of whats available before making a purchase.  I don't want to put a "not made in china" disclaimer on every product query.  I can do my own research and usually do.  

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #242 of 269
Helpful comments on your experiences on which tips work best for you.  Navmau, I hope you get to hear the G10.

I was hoping to pick up a set but due to financial restraints, I'll have to be happy with my two pairs of atrio MG7...which I still love to bits.

I found tips to play a huge part with FS earphones. The correct type will determine whether the truly magical sound of FS is heard or ruined.

Congrats to all who are enjoying the Spectrum G10 :)

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #245 of 269
  Guys, does someone try to change the cable to another one? Is it possible at all?

Sure it is possible, as long as you don't mind taking the earpeices apart and do some minor soldering / modding.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #246 of 269
I have changed the cable of my G10, they play better now. I have only one thing that is bothering me. It's an ear wax protection. G10 have no ear wax protection at all. Should I worry about it or it's ok? What is your opinion?

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #247 of 269
  I have changed the cable of my G10, they play better now. I have only one thing that is bothering me. It's an ear wax protection. G10 have no ear wax protection at all. Should I worry about it or it's ok? What is your opinion?

The nozzle with the stock tri-flanges is long enough that I don't think earwax can easily gets inside, provided that you do regularly clean them up from time to time. Also, the best deference against earwax is just keeping your ear canal clean at the first place. Alternatively, you can DIY some wax guard, but it will most certainly change how G10 sounds.

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #249 of 269
Have fun with it 
basshead.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #252 of 269

What cable did you find for replacement? How sound has changed afterwords? Thanks.

I didn't do it myself. I gave it to our local super-puper master:http://www.hybridaudio.ru/photo/CID_373.html - here are mine. The cable is Litz 220 х0,04мм х4 . Of course balanced connection. Better sound.
The middle became not so distant as it was. Bass maybe more gathered, collected. Not so sloppy as it was. Hights are the same.
The only mistake was MMCX connectors. They are long and not very comfortable to wear.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #253 of 269
I received my G10 few days ago. It sounds surprisingly well for 200$ IEM's, even when compared with much more expensive IEM's. I have Shure SE535 (500$), it's not correct to compare this ones with G10, because of it overall constructive difference. But i, personally, totally felt in love with warmth and bassheavy sound of G10 instead of cold and razorsharp accurate SE535 sound. Of course there is much more details in sound of SE535, but G10 just plays music so badass with great, deep bass, i never felt so much drive and fun in music with Shure's. Absolutly love Future Sonics G10, i feel like i'm finally found sound that fits my personal preferences. I use FiiO X3 II + E12A amp as sourse.

May 4, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #254 of 269
Can anyone compare the G10 to the Fender FXA2. The fenders are basixally Aurisonics Kickers re-branded when the company took over. I believe they have retained the smooth, L-shaped sig with possibly smoother treble.

This is my perfect sound sig (elevated sub-bass and smooth mids and treble) as I listen to a lot of deep house, drum n bass and rock. Also I am very sensitive to treble.

I'd like to know if the G10's can hit bass harder and deeper and also if the treble is smoother, more/less extended than the FXA2.

Thanks

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #255 of 269
I've loved my pair of G10's since purchase 2 years ago. I must have listened to thousands of hours of music on them. Going to buy another pair for jogging with!

The bass is still as heavy and rich as it's always been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back