[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Jun 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #62 of 269
I was comparing the G10 to my jvc fx-850 and senn ie800 the other day. I can talk about that in an addendum to my review (when I write it). How's that?

I have the FX850 and a much older Atrio M8 bought in Feb 2008.  The 850 is clearly superior to the M8 as it should be considering price and technology advancement between their release dates.  I'd be very interested in hearing your comparison.

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #65 of 269
  Isolation is better, too. The soundstage, for me and my experience, was good for an iem and had good depth, but let me say this: Some people complained about the soundstage for the Atrio (which people who had Future Sonics' own custom silicone sleeves discounted as being a fit issue). 

I have the Atrio, I have the custom sleeves, I still think the soundstage is small. On the other hand, I disagree with most people's opinion regarding the highs: after burn-in, the Atrio's highs aren't recessed; they just aren't hyped, either.

I don't use the custom sleeves anymore, I should mention. As it stands, I love the regular Atrio silicone sleeves; of all the tips I've ever tried, they're my favorite.

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #66 of 269
Like what I'm reading about the subs on these- looking forward to the fx850 comparisons, as much as I loved the sound, I found the bass a bit lacking on those & occasionally frustrated by the way the highmid/treble came across.

Has anyone who has heard the g10 also heard the ASG-2.5? Like the bass sig on those, but overall finding the mids a little hot and treble a little too closed & cant' really get it to my liking with EQ.

I guess I mostly just want to have my cake and eat it too, with a slight emphasis on low & sub bass, without either swamping or exagerrating the mids and treble.

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #68 of 269
My pair is arriving this week.  Very excited.   I'll try to give a very detailed comparison of all aspects of the G10 compared to the Atrio MG7 which I've used for a long time.  Not sure if there's any burn in time - there wasn't particularly on the Atrios - can anyone comment on this yet?

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #69 of 269
I was planning to order an MG5Pro as a companion to my MG6Pro. The G10 + custom silicon earpieces might just be a great alternative.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #70 of 269
  My pair is arriving this week.  Very excited.   I'll try to give a very detailed comparison of all aspects of the G10 compared to the Atrio MG7 which I've used for a long time.  Not sure if there's any burn in time - there wasn't particularly on the Atrios - can anyone comment on this yet?

I have never heard the Atrios what is there overall sound sig?

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #73 of 269
Very cool, soundblast! Good pictures, too.

Thank Kunlun, they are getting better and better,
Electronica or rock,all brilliant,real slam, but clean and everything else is there too,not just a bottom end champ:)
They are so light and comfortable,i forget i have them in,just great music:smiley:
Cable is tops too,no annoyance of any kind,very sturdy.
I haven't compared to any of my super expensive totl iems like Layla, i will, but for the moment im so happy i don't feel the need to just yet.
Will post comparison thoughts when i do:beers:

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #74 of 269
Having 2 pairs of Future Sonics IEM in hand, EM mg6pro and M8 mg7. I'll have to say that mg6pro has a really natural presentation of sound, without obvious flaw or over-presentation of anything. However, as an universal IEM, mg7 is good in low end and high end, but the mid truly lack a lot, which result in the fact that mg7 is not good for vocal. 

Just called Future Sonics last night for more information about G10. David (FS's customer service) described the G10 to be much thicker in mid than mg7 and mg6pro. Willing to order one, and pretty much looking forward to the new FS product. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #75 of 269
Mine have just arrived!  They are on warm up, but I can already tell these are something special... they still have the rich, deep sub-bass but it sounds a little bit more controlled.

Build quality is great - they are surprisingly light, but not overly so.  The braided cable is far superior to the Atrios, it just seems to relax naturally yet firmly.  And the connector jack is very small yet sturdy.  They have a great physical quality to them - someone has clearly thought long and hard about the design.

I'll probably give it a few days use before doing a comparison back to the Atrios to give them time to settle in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back