[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Jun 4, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 269
Having had 3 pairs of Future Sonics, they've not had much burn-in time so far as I can remember - so hopefully we'll see some reviews / comments from people soon.

Looking forward to your comments Kunlun, particularly in comparison to the Atrios.

No sign on other international distributors websites yet.

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 269
Excited to see another dynamic driver based iem. Looking forward to all the future impressions.

And as mentioned above, Future Sonics are the one that started the entire in-ear dynamic genre. They have stuck with it and continue to stick with it and make some of the best tech out there. We're all excited. I sold my Atrios long ago, but only because their bass resonance far exceeded my preferences. G10 looks exciting. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #22 of 269
My gosh the Atrios take me back lol. I was but a young audio enthusiasts looking for my next bass heavy set of earphones then purchased the Atrios.

They were actually the first set of earphones that taught me about sub bass loved them after getting to appreciate them. Definitely looking forward to these going to be some stiff competition in this price bracket!

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #23 of 269
Very looking forward to these ^^ LOVED my atrios but ultimately had to sell them as I'm a starving student :x

Hope there will be removable cable and that sub bass that I loved oh so much. Don't care for much else ( * might hope for local distros in Singapore to sell it cheaper tho. The current 279 of the atrios doesn't really draw much attention to them... )

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #24 of 269
Great to see the progenitor of dynamically-driven IEMs back in the game! Looking forward to impressions and possible additions to the Spectrum range.

And as mentioned above, Future Sonics are the one that started the entire in-ear dynamic genre. They have stuck with it and continue to stick with it and make some of the best tech out there. We're all excited. I sold my Atrios long ago, but only because their bass resonance far exceeded my preferences. G10 looks exciting. 

Part of what's neat for me is that Future Sonics engineers their own earphones, so it's really true to the vision of the founder, Marty Garcia, the first person to put in-ear monitors on stage.

Pre-initial impressions are very good! This definitely has the Future Sonics DNA. I compared these to the Atrios for a few hours last night and will do so again tonight.

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #25 of 269
I understand that the G10 will eventually be a available in a detachable cable form with mic so I'll be waiting for that. Not so interested in the detachable cable but in the mic.

In the meantime, if the G10 comes to a local shop in Singapore, I'll be able to demo it but regardless, I imagine that I'll just get one for old times sake.

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #27 of 269
I managed to get a deal with FS as my loved Atrios went dead on one side for me last year and FS advised me to wait a new series which will be released soon. SO the wait is finally over and FS gonna give me a 50% discount + shipping. I don't have to even send the faulty one back to them due to the location distance. Will definitely take this deal as i have been a fan since the Atrios and can't wait to get my hands on these. Hope they sound just as good as the Atrios if not better.

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #29 of 269
  Anyone have any thoughts on what connection type they will use, JH style or MMXC etc? 

No word yet on the connection type and no word on when it will come out, only that a detachable cable version with mic will eventually be out. Future Sonics really makes sure things are right before releasing anything.

And
Wheres the best place to buy in uk/europe?

There should be a few places soon and Handheld Audio in London will have some in stock this week!

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #30 of 269

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS!

Okay, I've spent a few days listening to these (and some burn-in time on a playlist set to very loud) and going to my old set of Atrios to compare.

The FS Spectrum Series G10 has the Future Sonics DNA for sure. The basic tuning is like the Atrio, they are clearly and immediately related to one another. That means real sub-bass really filling in the bottom end of the sound and a monitor realism in the midrange and treble, with no artificial spikes in the treble.

However, the SS G10 is better in just about every way both sonically and otherwise than the Atrio. Head to head with the Atrio, the G10 is more detailed, with a crisper, tighter sound from end to end. The treble is more prominent and the midrange cuts cleanly and easily to sing through the powerful bass, which somehow doesn't encroach on the mids.

Isolation is better, too. The soundstage, for me and my experience, was good for an iem and had good depth, but let me say this: Some people complained about the soundstage for the Atrio (which people who had Future Sonics' own custom silicone sleeves discounted as being a fit issue). The universal tips are exactly the same ones here and the excellent full-custom silicone are too. So, I'd say soundstage here will probably be intimate on the G10 for those for whom the Atrio was intimate. I would highly recommend the custom silicone sleeves.

On the outside, the housing is more sturdy, being coated metal, the cable is beefed up and the strain relief has been redesigned for added strength. It's very wearable and designed to be over-ear.

All in all, it's a different tuning than many iems, particularly armature-based ones, but if you're up for it and willing to take the time to let your ears adjust, it's a sound that really draws you in and reminds me of live music events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back