[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
May 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,036 of 1,181
Quick question is it worth replacing the stock cable with a custom one? If so can anyone please recomend a supplier. I have approached one supplier for some advice and I was really disappointed with the response which bordered on both a lack of interest and rudeness! Thank you

May 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #1,037 of 1,181
Quote:
Quick question is it worth replacing the stock cable with a custom one? If so can anyone please recomend a supplier. I have approached one supplier for some advice and I was really disappointed with the response which bordered on both a lack of interest and rudeness! Thank you

personally to me changing to a silver cable instead of the stock copper cable was the biggest improvement sonically. if possible do try out silver cables from different makers like toxic cables or whiplash to see which of these that you prefer.

May 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #1,039 of 1,181

Hello, I like to recommend Frank at Toxic Cables. I've used his silver cables, the Silver Poison and Silver Widow and both are nice. He's a nice person to work with as well.

May 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,040 of 1,181
Very impressive review! How do they compare to the AS-2?

Thank you! A few people have asked so I'll do a comparison in a while. For now, I'd say they match up very well against each other. Both are great stage monitors with great bass, a vocal range that is lifted to bring it out of the mix and a present yet non-fatiguing treble.

The differences in a very brief space (and I reserve the right to change my mind with further listening): The MG6Pro has the best timbre I've heard, and a more accurate sound while the AS-2 is thicker, lusher sounding with more mid-bass. Different takes on the same stage monitor sound, both great.

As a neat aside, the owners of Future Sonics and Aurisonics know each other and each respects the other's work.

May 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,042 of 1,181
Quote:
Thank you! A few people have asked so I'll do a comparison in a while. For now, I'd say they match up very well against each other. Both are great stage monitors with great bass, a vocal range that is lifted to bring it out of the mix and a present yet non-fatiguing treble.

The differences in a very brief space (and I reserve the right to change my mind with further listening): The MG6Pro has the best timbre I've heard, and a more accurate sound while the AS-2 is thicker, lusher sounding with more mid-bass. Different takes on the same stage monitor sound, both great.

As a neat aside, the owners of Future Sonics and Aurisonics know each other and each respects the other's work.

great review for both FS and Aurisonics. Man those AS-2 look sooo nice! hope FS one day will provide the same type of customization for their ciem :p

Oh yah Kunlun, I've remembered that u had tried both the whiplash silver cable and the frank's silver cables, what is your take on the sound coming from these 2 different cables? I've only managed to try my friend's whiplash 1st gen silver cable and my initial impression is that it gives a much wider soundstage... making it feel 'airy'... Does the silver poision/widow sound similar in that aspect?

May 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #1,043 of 1,181
Quote:
Kuniun Thank you very much for that and I will contact Toxic as suggested which cable do you think is best as I only want to purchase one Cheers

You're welcome. I think you can't go wrong with either. Here's a brief comparison with a link to a review of the Poison.
Quote:
great review for both FS and Aurisonics. Man those AS-2 look sooo nice! hope FS one day will provide the same type of customization for their ciem :p

Oh yah Kunlun, I've remembered that u had tried both the whiplash silver cable and the frank's silver cables, what is your take on the sound coming from these 2 different cables? I've only managed to try my friend's whiplash 1st gen silver cable and my initial impression is that it gives a much wider soundstage... making it feel 'airy'... Does the silver poision/widow sound similar in that aspect?

Thanks, here's a comparison between the TWag and the Silver Poison. I'd say they are similar in the airy sense you heard.

May 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #1,044 of 1,181
Kunlun Quick update Thank you for the tip for Toxic Cables. True to form Frank has been right on the ball despite being up at all hours, very fast, responsive and I wonder how he sleeps! I have placed an order for a balanced Silver Widow cable for use with the AK100 and ALO RX MK3-B. I have not ordered the AK100 yet and I intend to buy the modified version fron Vinnie @ Red Wine Audio when it becomes available. Also ordered from Frank a mini to mini with angled connectors for the above. Next will be a cable for my LCD 3's using the above. Once again thanks for the great tip. Cheers

May 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,046 of 1,181
Any preference in terms of one over the other? :wink:

I'd say if you wear glasses or prefer a lighter cable, then go with the poison. If you want the best cable and are okay with a slightly heavier build, then the widow's your choice. For commuting I like the poison, but the widow's on my MG6pros, so that should tell you that it's not a huge difference.

May 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,047 of 1,181
Cheers. No glasses here, and I tend to use my silicone customs for commuting as they isolate better (no detachable cable either), so I'll look at the Widow. I played about with a Silver Poison at the UK meet but it wasn't really ideal to compare to the stock cable with all the ambient noise.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #1,048 of 1,181
I wonder if anyone who like me has a SRH840 and the MG6Pro. I, personally, would like to see more comparisons between the SRH840 and MG6Pro.

So my opinions:
Coming from the SRH840, the MG6pro doesn't sound right. A little too rich in the lower mid section.
If I go back to the SRH840 from the MG6pro, I would go like "Hmm, this sound almost perfect".
I also feel that the SRH840 is sharper, more detailed than the MG6pro. The MG6Pro is quite rich sounding. I wished that closed vents still exist.

If people commented that SRH840 sounds like a studio monitor set-up, then isn't the MG6Pro a little colored?
If people commented that SRH840 is neutral, then isn't the MG6pro being closer to natural?
And if people commented that SRH840 has too much mid, then the MG6Pro is probably boomy?
Lastly, if MG6Pro is natural, isn't the SRH840 a little thin sounding?

I would say that I love both but that may change if I get the JH13(That's if I ever manage to get it).

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,049 of 1,181
I haven't heard the srh840, but it's great that you're figuring out the sound you want to hear. The Mg6pro is a stage monitor, so if you are looking for a studio monitor, then the UERM would be a great choice. I've heard it and I bet you'd like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back