[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
May 1, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #826 of 1,181
I threw in the part about the MG6Pro to say I was interested in the evolution of a product, not realizing anyone would use four words to insist my entire review was a lie. I clarified your misconception, but you want to hold onto it.

Your last post makes it clear that it's intended as a personal attack. Oh well, that's what the ignore user feature is for.

I stand by my review, it's a very accurate picture of the sound which will let people decide if it is right for them. No custom is right for everyone, so each person should start with a good understanding of what they would like to hear. Everyone else who has the MG6Pro including one review on an overseas audio website has heard it the same way--which is proof enough for me that my review is sound.

[Edit]: I'm just going to follow up by pointing out that I completely and very reasonably answered my accuser's attack. There's clearly more behind it for him, but let me say that it should be obvious to anyone that every company like FS evolves their products. Yeah, it's a super obvious thing to say, or should be. I'm interested in where FS will take a sound that I already love. I'm looking forward to hearing the answer to that as much as I'm enjoying the present MG6Pro.

May 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #827 of 1,181
Quote:
I threw in the part about the MG6Pro not realizing anyone would use four words to insist my entire review was a lie.

Exaggerating much?

Your last post makes it clear that it's intended as a personal attack. Oh well, that's what the ignore user feature is for.

I guess it's more convenient to play the victim than to answer questions that bother you. But no, sorry, my asking clarifications about something you said doesn't qualify as a "personal attack."

As for saying that people who ask questions you don't like should just use the ignore feature instead, what does that mean exactly? That openly questioning anything you said is strictly forbidden? That only people who agree with you 100% are allowed to post in this thread? 

May 1, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #828 of 1,181
For me the MG6Pro can be almost anyway I want them to be. The vents makes the MG6Pro into a Chameleon in that the sound can be changed. By the use of different size vent these earphones can be neutral and they can be basshead earphones and with another size somewhere inbetween.

May 1, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #829 of 1,181
Seems someone is having a bad day and its time to vent?
Quote:

Exaggerating much?

I guess it's more convenient to play the victim than to answer questions that bother you. But no, sorry, my asking clarifications about something you said doesn't qualify as a "personal attack."

As for saying that people who ask questions you don't like should just use the ignore feature instead, what does that mean exactly? That openly questioning anything you said is strictly forbidden? That only people who agree with you 100% are allowed to post in this thread? 

May 5, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #834 of 1,181
Got my mg6pro today, didn't impress me as much as the Merlin at first listen but it's growing on me and I'm liking it more as time goes by. The fit is pretty much on point as well as the build. I'm so glad everything came out good the first time after going through the UM promo disaster. The medium vents are working best for me. There is some driver flex on the right monitor but not a big deal. Here are some pics below with the TWag Eclipse OM.

May 5, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #835 of 1,181
Quote:
Got my mg6pro today, didn't impress me as much as the Merlin at first listen but it's growing on me and I'm liking it more as time goes by. The fit is pretty much on point as well as the build. I'm so glad everything came out good the first time after going through the UM promo disaster. The medium vents are working best for me. There is some driver flex on the right monitor but not a big deal. Here are some pics below with the TWag Eclipse OM.

Yeah I'm deciding between the MG6Pro and Merlin for my first custom.  At first I was leaning more toward the Merlin's but now since I have the MG7 and really like them an also read the MG6 are like the Atrio's on steroids I'm thinking thoughs are the ones to get.  Both are around the same price, well the Merlin's are $799 and MG6Pro $900 but for some good customs thats not bad imo.

May 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #836 of 1,181
Quote:

Yeah I'm deciding between the MG6Pro and Merlin for my first custom.  At first I was leaning more toward the Merlin's but now since I have the MG7 and really like them an also read the MG6 are like the Atrio's on steroids I'm thinking thoughs are the ones to get.  Both are around the same price, well the Merlin's are $799 and MG6Pro $900 but for some good customs thats not bad imo.

FS has a promo going on right now that probably would make them even more desirable. That and the fact they are located in the US are the main reasons I went with them instead of going for the Merlin again. 

May 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #837 of 1,181
My experience with the MG6Pro was it took 2 weeks until the mids and highs opened up and I ran them daily for 8 to 9 hrs. After a month there were more changes in the sound and I used the big vents in order to make the driver move more air. The MG6Pro in my opinion loves power!

May 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #838 of 1,181
looking forward to your impressions y0

i'm also about to pull the trigger on these guys, just getting a recommended audiologist to get impressions done.

also, whats the promo they have going?

May 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #839 of 1,181
Quote:

The mg6pros take some time to break in - the first day or so makes a big difference but they develop for a while after that.  They sound changes a great deal over that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back