[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Jul 16, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,172 of 1,181
@Somnambulist, any idea why the 2 pin socket has been raised? And by the way, is it the mg6 upgrade or mg6 retro-fit? Lastly, how do you find the sound after the upgrade? Thank you.

Hi! Just wondering if anyone on this thread who has done the upgrade knows whats the difference between the upgrade and the retro-fit since the price difference is almost 50USD. Thinking of doing the upgrade but not sure which option to choose as of now. I emailed them already but have yet to receive a reply too.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,173 of 1,181
@Hahayyy: I ask the same question before and below is what I got from FS, which I also don't quite understand.
<FS reply>
Upgrade is when you update same set.
Retro-Fit is mg6pro to HX or FX which is more involved.
</FS reply>

For mine, their advice is I need to do a retro-fit.
I follow their advice and this is how it looks like.

mg6hx.jpeg

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,174 of 1,181
I would definitely go to hx unless there is some reason not to (such as a musician on tour wanting to keep with the exact "known quantity" of their trusted set of ears).

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #1,177 of 1,181
I need advice too, 5HX or 6HX or what is the new 6Pro, both?
So confusing and tho i got a reply email from FS, they just repeat what's on the web page, still unclear

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1,178 of 1,181
I need advice too, 5HX or 6HX or what is the new 6Pro, both?
So confusing and tho i got a reply email from FS, they just repeat what's on the web page, still unclear
Most audiophiles should get the MG5hx. So, if you have confusion, then that is your answer. Get the absolute best set of earmolds from an audiologist who has experience with pro-musician's stage monitors (that is exactly what these are). Spend the money on that as it is worth it.

Then, when you get your mg5hx, play them on 20% more volume than human ears can stand in a drawer, with a bassy, varied playlist for 12 hours. Then enjoy. They will be darker and bassier but also less fatiguing than most armature earphones. They should have a light seal and the air pressure MUST be released so both ear drum and diaphragm can move. It should be an open sound or you are not doing it right yet. With practice that's easy.

So anyone managed to figure out the difference between upgrade and retro-fit? Looking to change my mg6pro to the HX

I went from mg5pro to mg5hx. The vent system and cable socket are different. Plus, you basically end up with a new earphone. The vent with the hx is not adjustable, the isolation is a little better with less wind noise and the sound is a little clearer with improved headspace for the driver.
I would recommend it.

Jan 27, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #1,180 of 1,181
Kunlun said it right. My mg5hx is impossible to fatigue. It has an impressive amount of head room, a very natural/real/organic tonality that just makes vocals and instrument timbre sound how it's suppose sound. You won't find a hint of any metallic, shrill, or digital hint with FS. I'm a DD fan through and through, and bass sounds much better with DD, IMO.

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #1,181 of 1,181
The HX has that plastic vent sticking out of the shell at the concha area. Does that cause any discomfort/pain during use?

Also,with the repositioning of the vent, does the bass quantity and the ‘air’ of the bass feel any less than if the vent was on the faceplate?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back