[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Feb 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,071 of 1,181
Wrong!

There was a special discount over Christmas/New year's.

The MG5pro had a discount as well.

The official price for both has remained the same, however.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #1,072 of 1,181
Oops, I'm wrong, too. 
wink.gif
  The standard price hasn't just stayed the same, it's actually $90 off! Not sure how long that will last, but get it while you can.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,073 of 1,181
A friend who owns the MG6Pro in Hong Kong wrote up a little explanation of his musical journey and his time with the MG6Pro. It's kinda neat, so I thought I'd share it here:

Hello and I am writing to express how special the MG6 Pro really are. I have been buying stereo equipment (Home, Car, and Portable) for the last 30 years. For the last 30 years I have been collecting records and cds  which has amounted to 4,000 records and a lot of cds (I lost count!). I have also gone to over 200 live concerts world wide. I love music and have made it a goal of building and purchasing stereos and earphones so I can enjoy all the music which I love hearing to on a daily basis. When I was living in USA I didn't spend much on portable equipment due to having a car and a big home. Usually I would buy a Walkman and use the free earphones and it will last a year at best. Once I moved to Hong Kong where I walk and take trains everyday which takes about 2 hours minimum of travel I have been buying higher end portable players and earphones. My first good earphone was the Shure 500 then the Shure 530. I bought 2 pairs of the 530 because I liked them a lot. Then I got the Ultimate Ears 5 EB andthen the Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10. All were good for different reasons. Later I found the Atrios Universals which had a nice bass and were warm sounding like a record. Some years later I bought the JH Audio 13 and I was not that pleased with them so because I enjoyed the Atrios I decided to buy the Future Sonics MG6 Pro. I was very happy with them, they did everything I asked for and more. Also my right side earpiece didnt fit that great and Future Sonics replaced them. I got a new fitting and a new ear piece all for free. That was like three years ago and since then I bought two Aurisonics earphones, Shure 535 earphone, Shure 846 Ear Phones and another custom earphone by JH Audio the 16 model. All have good, great and soso but I keep going back to the MG6 Pro. I like having four good earphones  because each has their own unique sound. But no matter what I buy or demo the MG6 Pro is always there for me. It does everything I need and it can do everything the others can do. Through the years all the other companies are turning out new and improve earphones trying to get it right while Future Sonics have stood by its product, this says a lot about this top tier Earphone.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #1,074 of 1,181
  Coming from the SRH840, the MG6pro doesn't sound right. A little too rich in the lower mid section.

I also feel that the SRH840 is sharper, more detailed than the MG6pro. The MG6Pro is quite rich sounding. I wished that closed vents still exist.

I haven't heard the SRH840 but I agree with your remarks about the MG6Pro.

As for closed vents - you can do what I did and just smear a bit of silicone in the hole of the pair of vents with the smallest hole (well, actually, I used thick superglue, but silicone would be better).

May 2, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #1,075 of 1,181

I haven't heard the SRH840 but I agree with your remarks about the MG6Pro.

As for closed vents - you can do what I did and just smear a bit of silicone in the hole of the pair of vents with the smallest hole (well, actually, I used thick superglue, but silicone would be better).

I still stand by my opinion of MG6Pro needing to reach that little bit more of treble. I listen to stuff like 'Calling All Dawns', 'In the hall of the mountain king', 'Blood on My Hands', MLTR, Everlong, etc.
And as always I feel that there is that little bit of highs getting cut off. I think its 17 kHz and above.

I did that silicone thing but that doesn't really do it. So I am still on the smallest vent.

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,076 of 1,181
A shout-out to the folks at Future Sonics.  I damaged the sockets on my MG6PROs messing around with custom cables.  They just took them back, repaired and got them back to me within a couple of days, and - after I'd had them for years - adjusted the fit for free.  Great people.

Jul 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,077 of 1,181
  A shout-out to the folks at Future Sonics.  I damaged the sockets on my MG6PROs messing around with custom cables.  They just took them back, repaired and got them back to me within a couple of days, and - after I'd had them for years - adjusted the fit for free.  Great people.

Awesome, they've always treated me right.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #1,079 of 1,181
Still alive, still listening to mine. I kept meaning to get a nicer looking cable but keep finding other things to spend my money on... maybe one day. I know if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I'd be interested to know if they're R&D'ing or have come up with any improvements to their drivers for an MG7 or what not - it's been a few years now and I'd like to test out that upgrade discount for existing owners thing! They're not very active on their own site or social media.

Aug 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,080 of 1,181
  Still alive, still listening to mine. I kept meaning to get a nicer looking cable but keep finding other things to spend my money on... maybe one day. I know if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I'd be interested to know if they're R&D'ing or have come up with any improvements to their drivers for an MG7 or what not - it's been a few years now and I'd like to test out that upgrade discount for existing owners thing! They're not very active on their own site or social media.

Hi there, glad to hear you're alive!

Cables are a luxury item, I'd say. Maybe a lightweight, silver cable, but, honestly, Marty Garcia asked me not to use extra cables as it can wear out the sockets of CIEMs.

As for new things, well, Future Sonics is very careful to only announce new things once they are well-tested and ready. That's the way they roll. I can't say anything further except that they have a long cycle between generations because they really do their homework...yes, that means a lot of R&D on-going. 

I think a new universal will be out first before we see a new generation of customs, just speculation
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back