[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Aug 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #1,051 of 1,181
Well, I think I am chasing some thing uncommon. I guess some where between natural and neutral. Not to much of both, but kinda just enough to make you want to listen forever. Shall try the UERM 1 day. Which is JH13 considered to be closer to natural or neutral? Anyone tried the new UM custom?

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,052 of 1,181
Future Sonics is having a Cyber Monday sale!
Type MYMG6PRO over in the store at futuresonics.com and get 10% off a set of MG6Pro Ear Monitors.

The code MYMG5PRO gets you 5% off MG5Pro Ear Monitors.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #1,056 of 1,181
Yes, that's definitely the clear color! I have a clear set and that's how it looks. It's just that Bwhli is a superior photographer! The other effects you mention are from unskilled photographers, the real appearance is what bwhli has captured.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,057 of 1,181
Mine are of the cloudy white with bubbles variety, unfortunately. Not very befitting of a $900 monitor. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,058 of 1,181
It's my first time posting and I would just like to add on to my experience with purchasing the mg6pros.

I have used a pair of Livewire triple drivers in live stage environment and noticed that it does get fatiguing after a while and sometimes to keep timing on stage, we need to listen to the bass kick of the drum,  in which the triple drivers seem to fall short, so to compensate, I end up turning up the volume on my monitors to "get more bass."  This ends up in just over-doing the volumes and simply tired ears at the end of the day.

The triple drivers are great in terms of clarity but they had a rather narrow soundstage and I find myself trying to figure out if the track I was listening to was in mono..., not so obvious in a live stage environment where we are more concerned about pitch and timing.  Well from my rather limited knowledge but more reading I realised that it's nothing uncommon in CIEMs.

For personal listening pleasure, I always gravitate towards dynamic drivers that somehow give better vocal presentation and better soundstage and just a deeper bass for the musicality of it.  I'm someone who doesn't mind sibilance if I get clarity in the male/female vocal registers and a nice bass response without muddying up the lower mids.  I really missed that in my BA triple drivers and I was on a hunt for dynamic CIEMs.

After reading Kunlun's detailed review (thanks for the honest review) I decided to just spend the money and get the mg6pros as opposed to toying around with another new CIEM startup company that would take  10 weeks for my CIEM to be made.  Well after my impressions reached Futuresonics, I actually got my customs delivered in under 10 days.  It's fantastic service and a well made product, I really can't ask for more.

Right out of the box, the sound from these mg6pros are simply what I have been looking for in customs.  The soundstage doesn't feel so "in my head" as my previous ones, it's wider definitely but not like head cans.  Nice sub-bass with clear punchy bass that doesn't muddy up the lower mix.  Vocals are smooth and sit nicely in the mix without being overwhelmed by the high end sparkle without being "tinny".  I guess my ear impressions were perfectly made because the mg6pros sit really nicely in my ear and I don't get leaks from jaw movements (singing) isolation is as what I'd expect.  The seal from the perfect fit allows me to really feel the sub-bass AND vocals clearly without having to jack up the volumes.  I can listen to them all day without the same fatigue I get from an hour with my previous custom triples BAs.  

I have left my mg6pros to burn in over 90 hours since I got them and the frequency response across the mids to highs are nicely separated now, everything sounds more open and transparent.  Lovely.

Here's hoping my mg6pros will last me a long long long time because I really enjoy the sound of these and I'm sure they will serve me well all all the stage work and occasional commute music enjoyment.  :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #1,059 of 1,181
Welcome waxall! And nice review.. Would be great to see some pictures of your monitors.. What colour did u choose?

If u do not have permission to post yet you can pm me the URL and I'll be happy to post them up!

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #1,062 of 1,181
  Buihia here's the picture I've uploaded to photobucket.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/waxall/futuresonics_iem.jpg

every one, these are brother waxall's ciem

simply stunning and well polished !

should be smoke plates and then the corresponding side colours

waxall mentioned he did it in this color as backstage is normally quite dark

thanks for sharing again waxall !

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #1,063 of 1,181
Nice picture, thanks for the assist buihia!

Here's a very nice MG6Pro review by our own bwhli!
http://brianli.com/future-sonics-mg6pro-custom-in-ear-monitor-review/

He describes the MG6Pro just as I hear them. Good job, bwhli!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back