Review: FitEar To Go! 334 - nothing quite like it
Jul 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

shigzeo

The Hiss King

Review: FitEar To Go! 334 - nonpareil

I've finally finished my review of the To Go! 334. I feel more like the zombie I described in the review than ever before. Why? Well, I've been listening non stop for about 3 weeks, maybe longer, stopping long enough to break it with a GR8 for a few minutes. 

For now, I'll just put up a few Headfi words, and later add what I think is important and hopefully get interaction with some other owners, especially on the sound stage. Also, I don't believe these need an amp - and, since there are a good number of amps that won't meet the low Ω requirements of these earphones, you will have to choose very wisely if you do go the amp route.

For now, know that this is the most impressive earphone I've ever used. It's the gobs of detail in every frequency that draws me into music like never before, creating music unlike I've heard before. And I have some very nice earphones. 

Suyama's FitEar will devastate the market with this product, mark my words, though, as they aren't a factory, mostly psychologically.

If there are any errors in my review, please speak up - there always are.

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 25
I first read about this , recently, when I was looking for a portable DAC/ AMP on ALOaudio.com

seriously considering it

Thanks for the review

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 25
I've discovered a number of omissions. At least I'm getting better at editing my own stuff... But why's it take so bloody long?

Seriously, these are great. It's the details especially packed in te midrange that have no equal. The sense of closely defined space is incredible, dwarfing as it is.

I'll add I better impressions next to the private 333 and jerry Harvey's stuff as well

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 25
Interesting review, shigzeo -- a few comments, though:

- Shigzeo: Hello Music!
- Music: Hello there!

--- Not so sure having Mr Suyama and Barry Manilow's Copacabana mentioned in one paragraph will help boost sales of the TO GO! 334.  :wink:

--- I think you got the colour dots on the cables & earpieces reversed/mixed up, you wrote, "The right is black, the left is red" --- the red should be right, and the blue should be left.

--- At one point in the review you also speak of "TG series cable" -- you might want to edit that to specify it's the "TG334" you're referring to as the TO GO! 111 cable is quite different, and your comment might lead some people to believe all TO GO! cables are the same when, in fact, they aren't.

Sorry for nitpicking, otherwise a very enjoyable read.

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #9 of 25
Just had to quote this. I was on the train and I absolutely hate Tokyo. My mind was playing hate on me. Sorry for the unintelligible sentence. 
Quote:
Glad for te nitpicking. The cable I'm sure matche that way despite being backwards to the usual. It could have been the drugs. I'm sober now. I'll check it.

But, I got back from work at 0:00. Ain't no way I'll get my wife up for pictures now. Nor will I work on the review.

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 25
I must say, i really enjoyed reading that review. Great job, if i have the opportunity, i think i will audition these earphones.

The mix of narrative is an interesting spin to most other reviews :p

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:
Do you still plan to post pics of them in ear? I'm very curious to see how much they stick out.

http://fitear.jp/music/sp/togo334sp.html 
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back