Review! Fischer Audio's FA-004
May 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #182 of 236
The Brainwavz HM3 has been known to be the same as the FA-004. I have compared the HM3 against the Incipio F38 and found that they sounded the same. The headband is slightly different and the headphone pads are very slightly different, but the sound is unchanged. 

May 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #183 of 236
Quote:
The Brainwavz HM3 has been known to be the same as the FA-004. I have compared the HM3 against the Incipio F38 and found that they sounded the same. The headband is slightly different and the headphone pads are very slightly different, but the sound is unchanged. 

Any difference in build quality between the HM3 and the F38? Which one do you prefer?

May 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #184 of 236
Quote:
Any difference in build quality between the HM3 and the F38? Which one do you prefer?

Between the two? I personally prefer the HM3s VERY slightly just because the pads are a bit more firm. The only differences I found between the two is that the headband is full pleather on the HM3s and the F38 has this kind of cloth mesh on the headband and the pad difference.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cNOVtDJBL.jpg

You can see the mesh on here. Both of them are basically the same on comfort level. 

May 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #186 of 236
Just ordered my FA-004's from Frogbeats, they should be with me tomorrow - I have great expectations! :)

They only had white special edition FA-004's with coiled cable, hope they come in the zip-up soft case I've seen the other special editions in. I'll post a photo or two when they get here, can't wait - LOL.

May 19, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #187 of 236
Oh Boy,

Well my FA-004's arrived from Frogbeats this morning, I wasn't disappointed !!

Talk about value for money, £47.95; I'd been more than happy if I had spent £150

May 19, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #188 of 236
basshead.gif

Gorgeous!  Certainly more swagged out my barebones design/package from nearly two years ago.. I've always loved FA's design & artistic sensibilities.. they deliver again with the refreshed 004.  The art on the cups looks awesome & the pads look updated (more comfy).

Might have to think about buying these.. again.

May 19, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #189 of 236
Flysweep, I can't guarrantee that the standard FA-004's come with the case etc. I purchased them from Frogbeats in the UK. I happened to spot on there website that these were 'Special Edition White Versions'.

http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-004/

Not a mention of them on Fischer Audio's main site, grab a pair whilst you can because I doubt they'll be in stock for long. For the record I have no connection / affiliation to Frogbeats other than being a happy customer.

May 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #191 of 236
Now I am jealous as the leather on those looks much higher quality and looks a lot more comfortable. Do you ever feel like the speakers are touching your ears with those?

May 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #192 of 236
Hi Skafle,

They come with three differing pads, one white pleather (low profile, non perforated), one brown velour of medium depth (best IMO) & one set of brown pleather (deepest depth of all three, perforated).

All the pads I reckon would cover the biggest of ears, the only one that allows my ear to touch the speaker is the low profile white pleather ones. Personally I reckon the white pads just look wrong on the FA-004's anyway, too much white; the brown pads look much better .

Cheers

Mark

May 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #193 of 236
Heard the Fischer audio FA-003 and impressed, but they are a little too heavy for me. These may do the trick, what compromise would the FA-004 made as compared with FA-003 exactly ?

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #194 of 236
hey guys i tore the foam covering the drivers of my "incipio f38", and it seems more detailed/clear/open with male vocal and acoustic guitar, havent tried other genres yet but oh well lol no turning back. any more succesful mods to add? like puting stuff to make it more detailed, tight bass and isolation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back