Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
May 31, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #4,201 of 4,469
I think my GR07's are currently in the lean bass phase.

Anyway, I understand the DBA-02 and CK10 aren't that dissimilar, and based on that, I wouldn't recommend replacing your DBA-02s with GR07s. Keep both! :)

May 31, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #4,202 of 4,469
+2 +2
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Keep both!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #4,204 of 4,469
I just ordered DBA-02 from Musica Acoustics and now have to wait a week (just got a polite update from Dmitri telling me it was in the mail).

I'm both excited and nervous. At $168, this is far more than I have imagined I would pay for anything like this. I was trying to talk myself into the HR5s, but figured I'd drive myself crazy wondering what I had given up by saving $60.

It's not clear to me if I should be grateful or angry that I found Head-fi.org.  Grateful, because now I know a thing or two, from what to buy to where to buy it from.  Angry, because, well, because now I no longer find lower-end equipment "good enough." Sigh.

May 31, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #4,205 of 4,469
If anything, HeadFi has made me angrier at audio engineers who poorly mix & master albums cause my equipment now brings out those deficiencies with ease..

deadhorse.gif

May 31, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #4,206 of 4,469
^^ yep... poor recordings (or more especially 'brick-wall' mastering) really irritate.

As for other IEM's that make good substitutes for the DBA-02... I've got a pair of B2's on order. Judging by the review pair, we have a real contender. Similar enough to be a re-badged DBA-02, the B2's I tried sounded about 90% similar. If their last little tweaks make these improvements in the production models, we'll have a 1 for 1 replacement. If not, they'll still be damn close.

Also... not sure if it was directed towards me, but 'keep both'? Of course. I'm looking for a spare, not a replacement.
wink_face.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #4,207 of 4,469

Quote:
No issues with mine, whatsoever. I wear them for hours, nearly every day (yes Anax, for workouts).
Slight curling - stiffening near the earpieces... that's it.

Comply P-series, trimmed flat to the black plastic core. Deep insertion, tight seal, perfection.

Could you tell me how you modded these Comply P tips? If you have pics that would be great
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #4,208 of 4,469
I'll try to post a pic...
Meanwhile, I just use a Swiss Army Knife scissor to trim it. Flat, not angled, down to the top of the black plastic core (the side that goes into the ear). Simple, really.

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #4,210 of 4,469
I think ClieOS just posted on his blog that there's a Japanese company called Green House that makes a dual BA IEM, the GH-ERC-DMS, that has the same OEM housing (and most likely internals as well) as the DBA-02 and the B2... this OEM has hit the jackpot with the form factor and configuration...

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #4,211 of 4,469
I think ClieOS just posted on his blog that there's a Japanese company called Green House that makes a dual BA IEM, the GH-ERC-DMS, that has the same OEM housing (and most likely internals as well) as the DBA-02 and the B2... this OEM has hit the jackpot with the form factor and configuration...

ummm, I don't think the form factor is different... It's merely black, but the size/nozzle angle are still there...

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #4,212 of 4,469

ummm, I don't think the form factor is different... It's merely black, but the size/nozzle angle are still there...

He didn't say that the form factor was different.

I'd like to know if their sound is close to the DBAs sound. They might make a good backup pair if my DBAs ever fail.

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #4,213 of 4,469

Quote:
I'd like to know if their sound is close to the DBAs sound. They might make a good backup pair if my DBAs ever fail.

Indeed. That's why I ordered the B2's. Just in case the unthinkable happens to my DBA's.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #4,214 of 4,469

He didn't say that the form factor was different.

aaah ok, thanks. Yea, maybe those guys have better QC and distribution outlets :)

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #4,215 of 4,469
So anyone buy these from musica acoustics?

They're better priced than treeo, the feedback for shipping from the russian's isn't great (need it within two weeks) and they seem to be in stock there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back