Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
May 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #4,156 of 4,469
Yeah, I find a slightly more shallow fit better for the DBA-02 as well. I've been using the large size Klipsch gels (still the most comfortable eartips I've ever used) and also cant the housings upwards toward the external acoustic meatus. The end of the housing sits at the posterior end of the intertragic notch, and that gets me both the best sound and the best fit.

May 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #4,157 of 4,469
What's interesting about the hybrid tips (and Klipsch gel tips, in your experience), and this is my hypothesis, is that they can accommodate a looser seal leaving a certain amount of space/air in the ear canal for air to move and acoustically amplify lower frequencies which may be why I'm experiencing better bass with a shallower but full seal.

The other upside I found with the hybrids is that the tips sit flush with the edge of the DBA's nozzle.. so even with the shallower fit I described, the nozzle still protrudes a good distance into your ear canal allowing the mids & treble to sound accurate and full.. something the DBA does not compromise on.

May 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #4,164 of 4,469
I just got my DBAs today and I already prefer them over the CK10s and the HF5s. Initial impressions is that overall sound is not as thin sounding as I found the CK10s to be and they have more bass body to them then the Etys. I have always been able to the best fit with Shure Olives and the DBAs are no exception, the isolation and sound quality is simply astonishing for the price.

May 17, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4,165 of 4,469

Quote:
I just got my DBAs today and I already prefer them over the CK10s and the HF5s. Initial impressions is that overall sound is not as thin sounding as I found the CK10s to be and they have more bass body to them then the Etys. I have always been able to the best fit with Shure Olives and the DBAs are no exception, the isolation and sound quality is simply astonishing for the price.

x2 and welcome to the club.

May 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #4,167 of 4,469

Quote:

Enjoy it !! 
etysmile.gif

May 26, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #4,169 of 4,469
My DBA-02 just came and the right channel isn't as loud as the left channel. The difference is around 6db when I lower the volume on the right channel in Windows 7 to match both channels by ear. The filter on the right is about twice as far back as the left side. The filter on the right is about half way in the nozzle while the left filter is only 1/4 of the way in the nozzle. Is there anything I can do or do I have to send it back? If I have to send it back to GD-AudioBase am I expected to pay for shipping?

May 26, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #4,170 of 4,469
My DBA-02 just came and the right channel isn't as loud as the left channel. The difference is around 6db when I lower the volume on the right channel in Windows 7 to match both channels by ear. The filter on the right is about twice as far back as the left side. The filter on the right is about half way in the nozzle while the left filter is only 1/4 of the way in the nozzle. Is there anything I can do or do I have to send it back? If I have to send it back to GD-AudioBase am I expected to pay for shipping?

I had the channel imbalance problem,but in my case the filters were in the same depth, so I sent my pair back. It also took nearly a freaking long time to get back to SPB ( >1 month due to some customs and Russia post delays). I had to pay for the shipping back.

>The filter on the right is about twice as far back as the left side. The filter on the right is about half way in the nozzle while the left filter is only 1/4 of the way in the nozzle. Is there anything I can do or do I have to send it back?

you could try pinch it out with really small needles or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back