Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #4,096 of 4,469
Hi.
Today,I received my DBA-02s from Russia,after 12 days from order day.I am very satisfied so far.
I ask why they lack the usual red-blue colours,or written L-R letters on the monitors,as all the other speakerphones I have?
Also,the cables,have to pass over the ears,or not?
At last,in the plastic bag,that there is in the box,I see some strange plastic accessories,which I can not recognize.Can you help please?
Theodore.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #4,097 of 4,469
They have an almost impossible to see R and L right above where the cable goes into the ear piece.  It's on the black plastic, under the clear plastic, on the side without lettering on the clear plastic.  With the bend of the nozzle, I think you'd have a hard time putting them in  without the wires going over your ear.

The Ety triflange tips came a day early.  The small tips seem just about perfect although I just listened for a couple of minutes.  I'll try them on my commute home and my plane ride tomorrow to see how they work.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #4,098 of 4,469
Here's a simple solution for those using the stock small single flange tips with problem of the tips getting pulled out. Just apply a layer of masking tape around the nozzle...problem solved

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #4,099 of 4,469
Thank you very much.
As about the SQ,I see that DBAs,are source sensitive a lot.I tried them,first with my W995 SE mobile,then my favourite Grundig YB500,radio,and then,my Hifiman HM801 .
I could accept the sound of the W995,only if there was not high frequency full.In this situation,the sound was awful.
The situation,was way better with my Grundig,and of course much better with the Hifiman,but again,it was very obvious,if the recording was a 16bit,or 24bit one.
Anyway,I burn in the DBAs to "see",if they get better with time.
Regards,
Theodore.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #4,100 of 4,469
Make that a double tape :)

Quote:
Here's a simple solution for those using the stock small single flange tips with problem of the tips getting pulled out. Just apply a layer of masking tape around the nozzle...problem solved

I'm immensely enjoying Green Day's American Idiot w/ the DBAs \m/
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #4,103 of 4,469

Quote:
I'm immensely enjoying Green Day's American Idiot w/ the DBAs \m/
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Oh yeah...that's for sure.  DBAs love pissed off electric guitars full of teenage angst, smash mouth cymbals and viscious snare hits.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #4,104 of 4,469

Quote:
Oh yeah...that's for sure.  DBAs love pissed off electric guitars full of teenage angst, smash mouth cymbals and viscious snare hits.

L3000.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #4,108 of 4,469
mine...
i ordered it about 2 weeks ago.. and there were some problems with Russian custom, so they said that
delivery would be delayed for 1~2weeks. yesterday, I tracked my package via russian post, and it appeared that my package has been delivered to addressee which I did not get yet..
i checked out with my leasing office, they told me they did not get any package for me..
i wanna cry now..

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #4,109 of 4,469
How long does it take to ship from Russia in US?

mine...
i ordered it about 2 weeks ago.. and there were some problems with Russian custom, so they said that
delivery would be delayed for 1~2weeks. yesterday, I tracked my package via russian post, and it appeared that my package has been delivered to addressee which I did not get yet..
i checked out with my leasing office, they told me they did not get any package for me..
i wanna cry now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back