Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #3,286 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How does DBA-02s sound compared to etymotics? (HF5(2) especially)

Thanks

Take this with a grain of salt...I LOVE the DBA-02's. I have yet to hear an etymotic IEM that I remotely even like.

Hmm, I wonder if it goes the other way.  I love my ER-4Ps, so does this mean I'd hate the Fischers? (was planning to order them this week)

I have both, and I like both.  I like the Fischers a bit better un-amped.  I like the Ety's with the P to S cable MUCH better amped.  The Ety's improve amped, the fischers, not so much, at least with my HR Ultra, and of course, in my opinion.  I actually have my Ety's up for sale at the moment, though I'm not sure I'll actually let them go.  To me, the Fischer's are a bit more forward, and vocals are just a tad less realistic than the Ety's.  I feel the need to EQ a bit of bass boost on the Ety's, and not on the Fischers.  I know LFF, and likely others probably will disagree with me, so choose your opinion.  Bottom line, though is that I like both.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #3,288 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:
How does DBA-02s sound compared to etymotics? (HF5(2) especially)

Thanks

This is actually a comparison I am looking forward to do. I am currently quite in love with my MC5 (amazingly, I don't even know why or how, but it just became so much better after 200+ hours in) and I am waiting on the DBA-02. Hearing the reviews of the DBA-02, I should absolutely love them, so, we will have to see where this will land me.
ksc75smile.gif

i own both and IMO, the DBA-02 beats the MC5 in all aspects when it comes to SQ. Isolation wise, they are more or less at par or a bit better on the MC5 but not by a wide margin. I think the MC5 has a better workmanship though

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #3,289 of 4,469

Quote:
i own both and IMO, the DBA-02 beats the MC5 in all aspects when it comes to SQ. Isolation wise, they are more or less at par or a bit better on the MC5 but not by a wide margin. I think the MC5 has a better workmanship though

I would imagine that'd be the case, considering the HF5 probably is the rightful Etymotic competitor to the DBA-02. However, it should be nice to compare the sound signature (despite of the difference in audio quality) between those two. :)

I think I somewhat expect the DBA-02 to blow my ears away and end my audio journey for universal IEMs.

Nov 23, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #3,290 of 4,469
The ER4P initially wow'd me after being used to Shures for so long.  The ER4P also pissed me off after more than 2 songs and was too fatiguing for me.  The ER4S was awesome in comparison to my ears.  Really liked it.  The DBA dropped my jaw to the floor, I still have it.  
wink.gif
  YMMV.

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #3,291 of 4,469

Quote:
The ER4P initially wow'd me after being used to Shures for so long.  The ER4P also pissed me off after more than 2 songs and was too fatiguing for me.  The ER4S was awesome in comparison to my ears.  Really liked it.  The DBA dropped my jaw to the floor, I still have it.  
wink.gif
  YMMV.

Very well put! I agree.

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #3,292 of 4,469
Ermm I ordered from bugden audio around the end of october. Then 2 days ago my status changed from pre-authorised to failed. Not sure what went wrong.. I used paypal to pay for it.

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #3,296 of 4,469
I just received 2 emails from BudgenAudio. The first was entitled "Your order #xxx had been processed", the second "Your order #xxx has been completed".

Does this mean these are now in stock and shipping? If so I'm happy.

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #3,298 of 4,469

Quote:
I just received 2 emails from BudgenAudio. The first was entitled "Your order #xxx had been processed", the second "Your order #xxx has been completed".

Indeed it does!

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #3,299 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:

Indeed it does!

Thanks mate, I appreciate the update!
beerchug.gif

I'll let you know when they're safely in my hands. 

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #3,300 of 4,469
Had the exact same confirmation as well! Thanks a whole lot, Ethan. Can't wait to finally get my hands onto these extremely valued IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back