Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Oct 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #2,746 of 4,469

Quote:

So do I. Too clean. That's why I used to get repeat ear infections, because I was cleaning away the natural layer of wax that's supposed to stay put to prevent bacteria from entering the ear. It's not an earwax issue. I used the cleaning tool and there's not even a filter in the left earpiece. Poking holes in the right filter didn't seem to help, so I'm going to send them back for a replacement.

I've been cleaning my ears this way since I was 12. Never had an ear infection. Obviously, YMMV.

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #2,747 of 4,469

Quote:
Hi, does anyone know if the filters are sold / supplied separately?

I've started to notice an imbalance in the right earpiece, so I PM'd Ethan, and he thought they were probably from the first batch (which had filter issues?) He suggested poking holes (gently!) into the filter to see if the balance comes back. If it doesn't, he said he'd send out a replacement pair. But I'm not happy about poking holes in anything. I'd rather just get the updated filters from the newer batches, Anyway, I asked Ethan last week whether he could send some newer filters (if they exist as a separate accessory) but he hasn't replied yet. So, anyone know?
smile_phones.gif

Thanks.

I read somewhere that you can tuck in some cotton to protect the inner filter. Havent tried it though and dont know if it changes the SQ

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #2,751 of 4,469
argh the paper filter on my right earpiece went missing.
I haven't really detected much imbalance so far so anyone knows if it is more advisable to leave it as that or to try and find something to use as a filter?
I keep my ears clean and even with the paper filter i rarely get ear wax on the filter itself. But i'm still worried about stuff getting into contact with the driver and spoilng it

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #2,753 of 4,469
You really should read down. The point of it was not to sell it but to point to his website. I'm guessing the seller is moving away from selling on ebay to just his website.

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #2,756 of 4,469
Anyone notices the DBAs leaking sound..?

My DBAs sound fantastic though. No imbalance or whatsoever.
I'm currently using etymotic triple flanges, and i listen to music on a safe level..
Like.. the ordnance .22 amp at 10'oclock using line out from my diymod?

It doesn't leak badly or anything. Just that someone beside me can actually make out what music i'm listening to.
Is my set flawed or something? It's still comparatively new.. about 2 months?

and my fischer audio print/logo is wearing off T.T

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #2,758 of 4,469
I've got a great deal on dba-02 for USD $154. Used for 3 days, the guy didn't like it.
Don't know whether i should take the plunge. Been eyeing these for awhile now.

Current rig:
Portapros
Fischer Audio Eterna v1 and v2
Brainwavz M2
iPod video

I listen to metal and pop stuff mostly. Please advice. Not much of a basshead.

EDIT: okay screw it. i just bought them, can't wait to get them later. :)

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2,759 of 4,469

Quote:
 Not much of a basshead.

EDIT: okay screw it. i just bought them, can't wait to get them later. :)

Perfect... Congrats on your purchase. You've made a great decision. 
ksc75smile.gif

Enjoy.

shane

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #2,760 of 4,469
Initial impressions:

Bass in barely there. Using Shure olives now. Gonna spend time picking out the best tips to bring out the bass. Any ideas?
May get be some getting used to. Way different from my Eternas and M2.
Probably give my verdict by the end of the week.

Note: This set has barely burned in yet as the owner used for a couple of days before selling.
Burn in is such subjective and touchy matter. Hopefully it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back