Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Sep 2, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #1,966 of 4,469
I have contacted the guys at treoo about my lemon set. I have burned in for more than 40 hours after they suggested it and it still sounded horrible, bass was very boomy throughout the spectrum and sibilant in slightly higher volume. It even sounded worse than my friend's pl30 and another one of my friend tried testing it and the end result was the same. HORRIBLE. Waiting for their advise and i can't hide my disappointment about getting a lemon set. :frowning2:

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #1,967 of 4,469

I can understand how polarizing this sort of earphone could be. I truly did not enjoy the Ety house sound when I had a pair of ER4P's, so I think I can rule these out. But I do like seeing open discussion of their sound characteristics, and an ability to rationally accept that some will simply not like them. It was rather disconcerting a while back to see such fanboyism and attacking happening toward anyone who would dare criticize them. 

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #1,968 of 4,469

Quote:
So if CK10 almost similar to DBA-02... the next upgrade is CK100?
etysmile.gif
Heehee, sorry was just browsing and got carried away. Must... wait.. for... the... DBA... first...

Not exactly. While they do share some similarities with the CK100 the mids are a bit touchy. The CK100 has much more forward mids and well there's the problem of them being source dependent. Feed them a source they don't like and they spit it back out at you in your face but give them something they like and they will behave nicely.

Quote:
I can understand how polarizing this sort of earphone could be. I truly did not enjoy the Ety house sound when I had a pair of ER4P's, so I think I can rule these out. But I do like seeing open discussion of their sound characteristics, and an ability to rationally accept that some will simply not like them. It was rather disconcerting a while back to see such fanboyism and attacking happening toward anyone who would dare criticize them.

I think it's pretty fascinating how multiple people can have such varying responses to the same earphone. Although I absolutely agree about open discussion as not all of us have the same tastes or there would be such a huge monopoly in this hobby. I liked them while I owned them but lots of people would definitely hate them. I guess you are talking about a certain individual who hasn't posted in a while so I can safely assume is banned again. I do look forward to reading more impressions and more people get them.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #1,969 of 4,469

Quote:
Compared to most IEMs I find it rather analytical; overly so, I might even say.

These types of comments are scaring me more and more 
eek.gif
  I'll probably get my DBA-02 by next week...  I hope they match well my preferences as an HE-5LE lover.  If they don't work out, I might be forced into the expensive, warm embrace of the JVC HP-FX700 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #1,970 of 4,469
popcorn.gif

No doubt about it... even before we have them in hand, this has become very interesting.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #1,971 of 4,469
surrealsky dba seem to be a messed up set.... either that or he just really really hears diff. than others. Idk nice to hear someone say they have to much bass.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #1,972 of 4,469
i just got an email from Dmitry and he said that they were having issues getting the shipment fro Hong Kong into russia, he also said that he had no idea when it would be solved and when they would be shipped, here is the following email im just wondering if anyone else got it.

"Hello.

There are some big delays with delivery of the batch with DBA, due to russian legislation.

Well known postal companies like UPS, TNT, DHL dont ship to Russia on physical addresses.

No one have knew about it before the batch have been shipped from Hong Kong, and now there will be a lot severities to deliver this batch to Russia, and also its not known how much time it will takes."

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #1,975 of 4,469

Quote:
When you guys say you hear sibilance does that mean that you hear piercing vocals?

No, its the rough 'Ssssss' and 'SShhhhhhh' sounds.

Someone probably should have defined the term before people went all crazy in this thread.

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #1,976 of 4,469
In hindsight maybe one of us should have defined it.

That's exactly what sibilance is. It happens a lot of badly recorded albums as well as low quality files such as 128kbps.

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #1,977 of 4,469
Haven't upgraded to LCD-2 yet? I'll get my pair on Monday! Will compare it to my tweaked T50RP :)

Quote:
These types of comments are scaring me more and more 
eek.gif
  I'll probably get my DBA-02 by next week...  I hope they match well my preferences as an HE-5LE lover.  If they don't work out, I might be forced into the expensive, warm embrace of the JVC HP-FX700 
tongue_smile.gif

Yup, read about that. Must hear one before I commit if ever. I only have the Fuze and N82 as my mobile players though Sony X is available with a good price tag.

Quote:
Not exactly. While they do share some similarities with the CK100 the mids are a bit touchy. The CK100 has much more forward mids and well there's the problem of them being source dependent. Feed them a source they don't like and they spit it back out at you in your face but give them something they like and they will behave nicely.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #1,978 of 4,469
just throwing this question out there--has anyone used these with/without external dac? i have my uDac waiting to sell but wanted to wait to see how it pairs with the DBA-02 first. really wasnt a big difference straight out from my laptop vs udac with my other phones so wondering if the DBA-02 would be more sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back