Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #1,561 of 4,469
AFAIK, Bugden Audio has the sole North American distribution rights for Fischer Audio products. They're a very good source, doing everything possible to get product into users' ears as soon as possible. I'm sure Ethan will keep the DBA buyers aware of the situation, so we all need to be patient.

PS. Those of you with different shipping addresses than previously provided should probably let Bugden know about your situation..

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #1,563 of 4,469
You just have to be patient. I'm sure Ethan will be letting you all know when he gets them. Until then you just have to wait. It's even better than the wait for Xin since you will get the product eventually :p

Although looks like a couple weeks turned into today. I don't think I'll be hanging on to them as certain other things are tempting me and I want to lower my universals anyway and move on to customs and my Zero is pretty good for my purposes.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #1,564 of 4,469

Quote:
You just have to be patient. I'm sure Ethan will be letting you all know when he gets them. Until then you just have to wait. It's even better than the wait for Xin since you will get the product eventually :p

Although looks like a couple weeks turned into today. I don't think I'll be hanging on to them as certain other things are tempting me and I want to lower my universals anyway and move on to customs and my Zero is pretty good for my purposes.

Ooo, people are still waiting for the Xin?  Well either that or the refund.  I know what you mean about lowering universals.  Besides the few I want to keep, I'm now stuck to choose to sell one, probably my MD5000, I can't bare to sell my Vixen or T50P, maybe the O-One but I love that I'm the only one in my city that has them!  Hrmmm, that leaves the denon.  The only other universal I'm kinda interested is the RE262.  I don't know about customs or balancing, though.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #1,565 of 4,469
I sure hope not. I was just giving an example of an extremely long wait with unsatisfying results to give an even better perspective than just a long wait :)

I'm not sure about the top customs yet since they are expensive, have a very bad resale value (50% or less usually) so pretty much if I get a sound signature I don't like I'm screwed. I'm going to do lots and lots of research on the ES5 and wait many months before I even get serious about it as well as the JH13 and maybe one of the UM customs but I'll be doing my proper search before putting down a grand on any of it.

I still like the DBA-02 a lot and it is easily my best one right now but I doubt I'll need an earphone that costs over $100 for my uses now as slowly they are changing. I was going to wait until I got my customs to sell but I figured why wait so I did it now.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #1,567 of 4,469

Quote:
The DBAs are a weird phenomenon. I have had mine for two months, but so many people have yet to hear them. Hope expectations are not too high after all this waiting. I still love mine, and now have started using my UM56 tips most of the time (switching them from the Ety ER4P/S). Really interested to hear what others think. I am probably selling my backup pair, but mainly to get some cash on hand for a custom (thinking JH5, cause I can't get myself to spend $1,000+ on a custom).

Yeah! It's really weird. I have had them for a while and have been loving them so much and so many people are still waiting on them!

IMHO, it will be worth the wait and I really do hope most of you will be happy with them. FYI, all of the new binaural recordings I have placed on my blog were monitored and mastered with the DBA-02's.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #1,568 of 4,469
Quote:
AFAIK, Bugden Audio has the sole North American distribution rights for Fischer Audio products. They're a very good source, doing everything possible to get product into users' ears as soon as possible. I'm sure Ethan will keep the DBA buyers aware of the situation, so we all need to be patient.

PS. Those of you with different shipping addresses than previously provided should probably let Bugden know about your situation..

Just thought I might chime in after a good while as I was happy with both Bugden Audio's responsiveness to any inquiries I had, as well as honoring any policies.

I was a possible early adopter (hint: this thread at page 105 now) but I ended up finding a different opportunity...  That said, I would do business with Ethan again.

(Though it seems Fischer/Russia is unpredictable, Ethan was consistent.) 

Karma = Support for those that come through to balance the postings about those who do not...  

That's all.

Cheers. 

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #1,569 of 4,469
Well I just had my last listen at these before I send them off to the new owner. These are still quite good and very enjoyable but I've started to lower the number of universals I use to just cheap ones since most of the time is sleeping on the bus/subway anyway and the RE-Zero is pretty close to these except a bit less refinement.

I really do hope those who are waiting enjoy them. They are very good at a pretty good price. As long as you aren't expecting forward mids or basshead levels I think they will be enjoyable.

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #1,571 of 4,469
Been reading (I guess most of) what's been talked about of the DBA-02 - now I'm convinced that I'd enjoy the sound.

Am also planning to get a pair of IEMs before I go to uni next year, so I'm concerned about the durability of these earphones (ie. practicality of using them in public).

I used to use a pair of Etymotic ER-6i's until the filter got clogged up and I saw the price of replacing them =___= Anyway, would the build quality of these earphones satisfy me from the viewpoint of someone who thinks that the ER-6i's feel quite flimsy and cheap?

Thanks in advance; you guys are really polite & constructive

Aug 20, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #1,574 of 4,469
I am pretty sure Ethan is fighting for us when it comes to this order of DBA-02s but i am getting antsy. I hope the DBA-02 comes soon because they are over the anticipated deadline. I am thinking next week we might be lucky.

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #1,575 of 4,469
Or any news from one of the other distributors?  (Yes, I know that Bugden Audio is the only one for the US).  My point is that if Fischer ships to the other guys there's a good chance they'll also ship to Bugden Audio (Ethan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back