Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 31, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #1,186 of 4,469

Quote:
It's been my experience that we live and learn on HF. I've owned 4 dozen IEMs in my great chase. If you get a replacement and they too sound bad to you, someone will buy them.

That's what I love about HF.  Our ability to fund our continual purchases thru the sale of our past possesions with brother-Head-Fier's.  It's a great thing or we'd go broke.

Jul 31, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #1,187 of 4,469
Well unless you are one of those people who horde all the earphones for themselves :) I quite agree however. I would go broke much faster if I haven't sold most of my old stuff to other members here.

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,188 of 4,469
Yea, but you're forgetting the fact that we're still on the path to going broke. :) I've sold stuff here just to buy more expensive stuff too, and my wallet's really not appreciating my effort.

But in all seriousness, I agree. Being able to sell stuff here so easily is a great thing. It's like bandaging a small wound before you go create a larger wound. :)

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #1,190 of 4,469
^
Considering you are happy with the DBA-02 then the FS area here should only help you as you sell off your old and not as often used stuff.

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #1,193 of 4,469
looking at that freq. chart on the previous page sure looks like the bass dives major starting at 100hz. doesn't look very promising. how do ppl hear these in that part?

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #1,194 of 4,469

Quote:
looking at that freq. chart on the previous page sure looks like the bass dives major starting at 100hz. doesn't look very promising. how do ppl hear these in that part?

Yes, it looks like an 18db steady drop from 300hz to 30hz. From 300hz up the graph looks very promising. 
biggrin.gif

I would also like to know how folks are perceiving this drop and if it is obvious. 

shane

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #1,195 of 4,469
Now granted I haven't heard the DBA-02 in about 5-6 weeks I do remember liking the bass on my CK10 better. I remember putting something along the lines that it had better extension in the bass than the DBA-02 when I had them both to compare for a couple days before I sold the CK10. I would like to know what gear that graph was used in testing however unless that was in those links. I didn't get much further past the graph however.

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #1,196 of 4,469
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.

Aug 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #1,197 of 4,469

Quote:
I don't trust charts or graphs, just my ears. Not enough controls. I actually find the DBA bass fine, and actually more in evidence than the CK10s I once owned. But it is close, from memory. I just put IEMs in my ears and if they sound good, that's my chart/graph. If the charts concern you, don't buy them. I just don't have the chops to tell you how I hear a phone in specific frequency ranges, I guess. Maybe LFF or Joker can comment, since they do have those skills.

Haha! I wouldn't say I have any skills.
wink_face.gif

Anyway...as I wrote in my review - I find the DBA to be very balanced. If I were to describe it in frequency range terms, I would say that I hear them as very linear.

I find that concern about the bass range is completely unfounded. If the bass is high, the DBA's will show you that. If the recording is lacking in bass, the DBA's will show you that as well. What goes into the DBA-02's is what you will hear. Not more, not less and no coloration.

It is one of the few headphones and IEM's that can play my reference demo bass track at an outstanding level without being muddy or losing detail.

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #1,198 of 4,469
Likewise, I think I said in my review that while (to my ears) the CK10 is ruler-flat and the DBA-02 isn't, the Fischer still holds its own in extension against the majority of high-end phones.

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #1,199 of 4,469
The Russian FR graph is interesting but doesn't quite match my listening experience with DBA-02. One would think the much of a roll-off will be very obvious but DBA-02 actually has a great bass response. Then again there are tons of variable on different measuring tools and setup I think it is hard to make a definite answer as to the accuracy. In which case, I trust my ears more than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back