Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jun 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #616 of 4,469
Quote:
I'm definitely enjoying these and making me not miss my CK10 as much. It has the possibility of being my top iem but I need to get my e-Q7 back first and then I'll see if it can top it. I'll probably find out later this week :) On another note I'll probably have a review up mid to late next week as we need more reviews on this as there are only two so far.

Looking forward to your comparisons/reviews.

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #617 of 4,469
Any other recommendations for ear tips?
The ety triple flanges didn't work for me. Neither did converting it into a bi flange.

The stock mediums are a bit too large, preventing me from getting a deep enough fit. They kinda like start sliding out after a while when i try to stuff em in a bit deeper.
On the other hand, the small tips are too small to allow me to get a consistent fit.

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #618 of 4,469
at last this morning i've auditioned the dba, funny things i dont find the "wow" factor on it :frowning2:
it just like PFE but with redefine bass and speed but a little harsh on the high, i like the PFE a lot but it seems this will not be a major upgrade due my finding.
now i just have to try the e-Q7 before deciding on my future purchase.

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #619 of 4,469
My guess is you are not getting a good fit/seal with the stock tips. I tried the medium stock single flange, and they sounded harsh to me (not for others however). But with the Ety triple-flanges, a deep insertion tip, the DBA highs are smooth and never harsh. Also, I owned the PFEs and I hear a much more balanced IEM with the DBAs. I really liked the PFEs, but found they needed to be amped to sound their best. Not sure with the DBAs. Of course, it's all personal, but I doubt you got an optimum seal/fit with the DBAs. Of course, the e-Q7s are a lot more expensive than the DBAs. If you are going to spend that much, get the Earsonics SM3s.

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #620 of 4,469
What is the problem with flanges? No seal? Not sure what other tips to try, because one thing not good about the DBAs is their sound tube is a wee bit thicker than the typical BA tube (Westone, SM3, Shure, etc.) so fitting tips for those phones on the DBAs is a bit scary (worried about breaking them). To bad flanges don't work, because to me, the comfort/SQ of the Ety tri-flanges is amazing.

Quote:
at last this morning i've auditioned the dba, funny things i dont find the "wow" factor on it :frowning2:
it just like PFE but with redefine bass and speed but a little harsh on the high, i like the PFE a lot but it seems this will not be a major upgrade due my finding.

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #622 of 4,469
Q: Are the Cowon D2 powerful enough to driven the DNA-02?  The sensitivity are not so high, 108 dB
 and the impedance are rather high - 43 ohm. Maybe some DBA-02 owner here use Cowon D2 ?

/Lennart

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #623 of 4,469

Quote:

Quote:
What is the problem with flanges? No seal? Not sure what other tips to try, because one thing not good about the DBAs is their sound tube is a wee bit thicker than the typical BA tube (Westone, SM3, Shure, etc.) so fitting tips for those phones on the DBAs is a bit scary (worried about breaking them). To bad flanges don't work, because to me, the comfort/SQ of the Ety tri-flanges is amazing.

I believe you were quoting my post haha. Yeah i realized my ear canals have an incredibly weird shape such that long tips like the triple flanges have problems even entering my ear.
I tried cutting off the smallest flange but it still didn't give a comfortable fit so i decided to chuck it.

I noticed that when the sleeves fit all the way down the stem, the driver kind of gets in the way of the flange. So the sleeve kinda loses its round shape and this affects the seal sometimes. Do you all get that problem? Can't really explain properply maybe will post a pic when i have the time.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #624 of 4,469
I use all three flanges, no modding. The biggest sort of touches/covers the driver body, but I insert them as normal with no problem. I do wet the flanges a bit to get the best seal, because the dry silicone sometimes makes it rough to get the seal right.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #626 of 4,469
saliva? When I first used the Shure triple flange with the CK10 I needed to wet them a bit before getting used to it. After a couple days it was fine and just put them on.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #628 of 4,469
I 2nd Rawster, it isn`t much but the quickest and convienient way to make a sure seal. I thought this was what everybody did but I guess not.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #629 of 4,469
I have a collection of tips to go through, so usually I can find at least a pair that can fit nicely. If not I will go ebay and buy more tips 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #630 of 4,469

Quote:
My guess is you are not getting a good fit/seal with the stock tips. I tried the medium stock single flange, and they sounded harsh to me (not for others however). But with the Ety triple-flanges, a deep insertion tip, the DBA highs are smooth and never harsh. Also, I owned the PFEs and I hear a much more balanced IEM with the DBAs. I really liked the PFEs, but found they needed to be amped to sound their best. Not sure with the DBAs. Of course, it's all personal, but I doubt you got an optimum seal/fit with the DBAs. Of course, the e-Q7s are a lot more expensive than the DBAs. If you are going to spend that much, get the Earsonics SM3s.

well not really i did get a good seal just like my PFE and even try it with shure olive also but still it sound just ordinary for me.
its not bad or anything else, sound as good as my PFE but more redefine and because of that im thinking its not a major upgrade then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back