Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #886 of 4,469
I know that it wasn't a reply directed towards me, but thanks for the answer!

I've also been contemplating between the re0 and the dba-02 (along with a new version of the thinksound rains that has yet to be released) and the dba-02 seems more and more like a better choice.

Can't wait to get rid of these bloated cx300's which are EQ'd to the max
L3000.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #887 of 4,469
Hmmmm after listening to this for a while now, I tried A/Bing it with a live orchestral performance and a recorded track by the same orchestra. The bass quantity is definitely quite appropriate and balanced, but I somehow find at the lower registers you feel the impact but don't hear the note? But that's only on the more extreme registers, I like the tight bass impact these headphones give. And the mids are reproduced nicely, but somehow sound like they lack a bit of body. Everything is there, but it somehow seems thin.

On another note, anyone knows companies which can reshell these? I'm considering that as a possible upgrade..

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #888 of 4,469
I'd say it's a tip issue, because thin is one word I would not use for the DBAs. But your thin and mine could be different. If you are in USA, Fisher/InEarz does reshells, or Unique Melody in Japan, I believe. In my experience, the impressions are the key to reshell success. They must be long enough or they will not get the right seal.

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #889 of 4,469
Haha I'm already using the Ety tips, which have improved it by leaps and bounds, but it's still slightly lacking imo. And UM is based in China, last I heard. Hmmm and don't these companies only do specific models? Like seeing as it is they may not be familiar with the driver configuration and all of the DBAs

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #890 of 4,469
I think Fisher will do any BA. Wasn't sure about UM's location. Hmm, well I guess my ears aren't as discerning as yours, because based on your description, your thin and mine are different thins. But you'll have that.
redface.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #891 of 4,469
You guys are good sells men, I just preordered these from the store on ebay. 

Unfortunately I'll have to be returning the RE0s I just received (ugh, wives...).  I hope these are just as detailed in the bass but more balanced.  Can't wait to hear them in about a month or so. 

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #892 of 4,469
I just went back to eBay and notice that the DBA 02 is not out until end of July. With the two weeks delivery everyone here experience this will be a long wait. I ordered mine yesterday thinking it be here in two weeks. I have no iem, always using my stock iPhone earphone. Really anxious to get my first iem.

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #893 of 4,469

Quote:
I just went back to eBay and notice that the DBA 02 is not out until end of July. With the two weeks delivery everyone here experience this will be a long wait. I ordered mine yesterday thinking it be here in two weeks. I have no iem, always using my stock iPhone earphone. Really anxious to get my first iem.

Looks like you're in the same boat as me! 

The crazy part is thinking I spent twice as much on these than I did the RE0s - just to get a little more bass presence. 

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #894 of 4,469
Wow, this, already super-long thread grew by another 200+ posts since my last access! Amazing.

Would Shure P-Series slims fit the DBAs? I tried medium Olives and medium Comply TX-100s, and all tear my ears apart after an hour. Small OEMs also heart right away. I'm now going to try Shure or Ety triple flanges. Has anyone here customised them yet?

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #895 of 4,469
I haven't tried any foamies with the DBAs, because as soon as i tried the Ety triples, I was set. No reason to mess with success for me. I have two pair of DBAs now (bought one used in the FS forum) and maybe someday I will reshell one, but doubtful since they work so well as universals for me.

As for delivery, they are worth the wait. There is another place to buy them, Budgen Audio, but not sure about Ethan's delivery time. He's on this thread.

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #896 of 4,469
Despite the comfort/tip issues, are you finding the DBAs to your liking? Not sure the Ps would fit, but they have the same tube diameter as the T-100s I believe.

Quote:
Wow, this, already super-long thread grew by another 200+ posts since my last access! Amazing.

Would Shure P-Series slims fit the DBAs? I tried medium Olives and medium Comply TX-100s, and all tear my ears apart after an hour. Small OEMs also heart right away. I'm now going to try Shure or Ety triple flanges. Has anyone here customised them yet?

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #897 of 4,469

Quote:
I haven't tried any foamies with the DBAs, because as soon as i tried the Ety triples, I was set. No reason to mess with success for me. I have two pair of DBAs now (bought one used in the FS forum) and maybe someday I will reshell one, but doubtful since they work so well as universals for me.

As for delivery, they are worth the wait. There is another place to buy them, Budgen Audio, but not sure about Ethan's delivery time. He's on this thread.

I looked at his website and wanted to order from it, but it wouldn't let me preorder like the ebay one. 

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #899 of 4,469
Yes, Slaters, I love them. I love them more and more with time; they're fun to listen to and are addictive. I would be over the moon when I find a bearable fit. I have to admit though, when I first got them, I didn't think of them much. They sounded only "okay", while being very uncomfortable with stock tips, and sibilance was almost unbearable. Now when I listen to them, however, there is non of that whatsoever. Having listened to them for a week, I have come to realise that they are in fact very good, and I now agree with all of LFF's comments. They are pretty much my first IEMs; perhaps thats why it took time to get used to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back