Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Mar 15, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #3,901 of 4,469
I like the very lively treble, so very much. Best of all, no sibilance.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #3,903 of 4,469

Quote:
Hey guys.
Got my DB-02's today. Have some distortion in the bass area. would this go away with some burn in? On some tracks it very obvious. I hope they are not defective after such a long wait.

There shoudn't be distortion anywhere.  Give it a few days and make sure the crossover is working properly.  I never experienced that.  What's your source?

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #3,905 of 4,469
Has anyone else had issues with the tips not holding onto the nozzle? I've lost the triple flanges more than a few times in my ears and the single flanges come off really easily, sometimes just when I'm putting them back in their pouch. I really like the single flanges' sound. If I were to replace them, what would be best?

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #3,907 of 4,469
Has anyone else had issues with the tips not holding onto the nozzle? I've lost the triple flanges more than a few times in my ears and the single flanges come off really easily, sometimes just when I'm putting them back in their pouch. I really like the single flanges' sound. If I were to replace them, what would be best?

Once again, the stock tips are garbage and I won't bother using them. Try Shure Olives, Ety/Shure Triflangles or Klipsch Biflangles.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #3,909 of 4,469

Quote:
Once again, the stock tips are garbage and I won't bother using them. Try Shure Olives, Ety/Shure Triflangles or Klipsch Biflangles.

Yep. Or Comply P-series.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #3,911 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:

How's the sound on these? I find the Olives and Complys too bright (and proved it :p) and generally found that more flanges also made the sound brighter, maybe because the nozzle itself didn't go as deep as with the single flange? If you've tried them, could you recommend one in particular for more bass?

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #3,912 of 4,469
I use the comply tx-100 which have the xtra filter built in.  This tends to often the highs a little and really bring out the low end.  So far, they are the only tips I have tried that soften the sibilance I am sensitive too.

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #3,913 of 4,469
There shoudn't be distortion anywhere.  Give it a few days and make sure the crossover is working properly.  I never experienced that.  What's your source?

I have them hooked up to a Ibasso d2 on low gain. After all the rave reviews I can only assume they are falty.

Update.
Just hooked them up to my "Ibasso T3" and "Mini M3" both with no flabby or distorted bass, actually I think I may go Ipod -> Mini M3 -> DBA-02 as my dexktop rig....Very nice just very easy to get involved with the music i'm also very suprised how good they sound right out of my Ipod (no amp) the only thing I have to figure out now is what side is left and right....:xf_eek:

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #3,915 of 4,469
Quote:

Shure grey soft flex are very secure on the nozzles and similar (maybe a bit "better") in SQ to the OEM black single flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back