Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Oct 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #2,657 of 4,469

Hi Ethan,

way back in this thread I read you included an additional set of tips. Are those Cumply T100?

any advance on the DBA-02 recabling?

news on shipping?

regards

Jose

Yes, one pair is shipped. The other is still in progress, it's a rather difficult thing to do, recabling these. I myself don't include any tips, but there are new tips with the new DBA.

O.O Recabling? I've always been thinking of doing that to my DBAs but I didn't think the extra cost justified it, and it's pretty hard to DIY with IEMs. Where're you getting your DBAs recabled, jo?

I'm doing the recable. And you're got it right, its quite difficult to do. Especially when time is hard to come by. TWFKs and small space inside the housing both make the process much more difficult than it would be with most IEMs and exponentially more difficult than with headphones

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #2,659 of 4,469
Ethan if you could could you post pics of the recabling process and perhaps even a guide as to how to disassemble the DBAs and put them back together again? Recabling sounds interesting! :) Thanks!

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #2,660 of 4,469
I would be very interested if there were any chance of recabling it.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #2,661 of 4,469
So why are you guys interested in a re-cable?

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #2,662 of 4,469

Quote:

I wonder about that as well. If the cable on the DBA-02 was horrible I would understand but it is not bad at all. I didn't like the plug being so small and not looking sturdy but the cable is light, lacks microphonics and does not retain much memory. It's definitely a good cable in an earphone and better than a good number of other cables.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #2,664 of 4,469
Quote:

Nothing wrong with the cable... but the color profile.
Where I live the DBA-02´s black and white cable calls lots of attention, and I sure prefer to go on low-profile mode as possible. 
I would bet this is the only IEM with black and white cables in my country.
regards
Jose

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #2,665 of 4,469

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the cable... but the color profile.
Where I live the DBA-02´s black and white cable calls lots of attention, and I sure prefer to go on low-profile mode as possible. 
I would bet this is the only IEM with black and white cables in my country.
regards
Jose

I fully agree with José.  I wish my DBA-02's had a plain black cable.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #2,666 of 4,469

Quote:

I fully agree with José.  I wish my DBA-02's had a plain black cable.

How about just putting some tech-flex on it? That's what I would do as the cable is awesome IMHO for the same reasons rawrster mentioned.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #2,667 of 4,469
That's surprising, I just love the black and white of the DBA cable! It looks. Classy, in a strange sense. But I don't like the way its wound, with my Westones I never had to worry about the wire twisting itself loose but on the DBAs its a constant nag, both at the jack and the earpiece. That and the straight jack, which looks way too fragile. Then there's the useless cable slider, which is more of a small annoyance but still.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #2,668 of 4,469
I found a seller for these in Canada (woo!!), originally I was looking at um1s, but shipping to canada makes them ~$130, and from what I've read the DBA-02 is definetly worth the extra $30. Are they that hard to drive? I only have a zune hd right now, and was planning on picking up a portable dac/amp (possibly an e7) later on. Also how deep do you have to insert them? I have rather small ears but I saw a picture on an earlier page with them inserted and they looked fine actually.

Any news on the next shipments?

Sorry for all the questions, can't find a search button for just this thread :? 

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #2,669 of 4,469

Quote:
if i like the dba sounding, what headphone should i consider for sub $200?

I think the FA-003 is supposed to be close FWIR.  shane said the DT880 as well.

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #2,670 of 4,469

Quote:
if i like the dba sounding, what headphone should i consider for sub $200?

Fischer Audio FA-003 gets my vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back