Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Sep 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,923 of 4,469

Quote:
This does not sound too good, waiting for more impressions before placing a order.

That's wise. One mans sibilant is another mans bright. So waiting for all these orders to get to their respective ears and the subsequent impressions / reviews will give you a better cross-section on which to base your judgement call.
Just remember... regardless of what others opinions may be (or even if there is some oddball concensus), YMMV and you might love or hate them.

shane

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #1,924 of 4,469
no no no shane everyone should jump the gun and BUY BUY BUY, there is no weaknesses to them you heard ljokerl- if he likes them then obviously everyone is going to like them!!

seriously if you are on the fence read alot of impressions as there are alot out. Then compare them to what you want in a iem and your particular favorable sound sig.

this might help- here is a link to a ton of reviews I found including mother russia.

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #1,925 of 4,469
Not here yet.  Maybe late or tomorrow...

I think the big thing that most people need to understand is that there is no "perfect."  It doesn't exist.  Really all you're doing is trying to find a product that fits your personal preferences well.  Some good products may be very off from your preference, say 50% what you want.  Some may be very close, 90% of what you seek.  You might find a product here or there that you really like and is 95% what you want.  Most of keep looking because we want those last few percent.  This isn't about the product doing things wrong.  It's about the product fitting a person's personal tastes.  I think out of the last dozen or so earphones I've used, I could rank most of the very high in raw SQ in the sense that they are not doing anything particularly wrong.  However, not all of were geared to my personal tastes.  Some do have limitations like functional response range, level of detail, dynamic range, etc. or perhaps variations in frequency response that could easily be fixed with an EQ. 

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #1,927 of 4,469
Your going to get a refund because you cant wait a extra day or so 
blink.gif

You need discipline my son 
ph34r.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #1,929 of 4,469
alright well its up to you, even though if you dont get it friday you should have it saturday or monday, they have been shipped. But its your decision 

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #1,930 of 4,469

Quote:
no no no shane everyone should jump the gun and BUY BUY BUY, there is no weaknesses to them you heard ljokerl- if he likes them then obviously everyone is going to like them!!

seriously if you are on the fence read alot of impressions as there are alot out. Then compare them to what you want in a iem and your particular favorable sound sig.

this might help- here is a link to a ton of reviews I found including mother russia.

biggrin.gif

Well... I read much of those and that's why my curiosity got the better of me... and I ordered them.
wink_face.gif

@Woozle Wuzzle... I understand, but for me, there is a lot of other stuff to keep me busy. My only regret was not having them come in soon enough to do a 3-way comparison with the SM3 and SE535. But, no biggie. It's just another IEM. I hope you have something to keep your ears busy in the interum. Also... my guess is that some of the many who ordered will not like them, so check the FS forum in a bit. You might get more instant gratification.

shane

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #1,931 of 4,469
That's what I would do if I wanted to buy one. I'd wait for them to pop up in the FS forums for cheaper.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #1,933 of 4,469

Quote:
I really hope it comes tomorrow though....

LOL.... !

Best of luck to you.

I don't expect mine until mid next week at the earliest.

Sep 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #1,935 of 4,469
Good to know someone agrees with me. For 4 weeks I've been standing outside my house for 23 hours a day just waiting for my headphone to arrive. I spend my last hour complaining on long it's taking and for rest. My cycle starts again. Haven't eaten for 4 weeks until just yesterday I realized my health can't take this anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back