Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #1,502 of 4,469
I used PayPal to pay on August 5th for the DBA-02 I ordered. I had not received any feedback from Bugden Audio and then today (August 15th) I received an email indicating my order had been processed. Did anyone else received a similar notification? Thanks.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #1,504 of 4,469

Quote:
@ethan: do you offer faster shipping than the usual air mail?

Yes, there is Xpresspost available on the site. Otherwise, if you would like a specific courier used, that can be arranged by request.

Quote:
I used PayPal to pay on August 5th for the DBA-02 I ordered. I had not received any feedback from Bugden Audio and then today (August 15th) I received an email indicating my order had been processed. Did anyone else received a similar notification? Thanks.

Yes, everyone's order has been moved into stage 1 of processing. Payments have been collected now in order to speed up the process when the DBA arrives. This also allows for time to have situations remedied where the authorization failed, such as if someone lost or had stolen their credit card and had canceled their card. In the order notes will be a short explanation of the situation for each person, stating that the order has not yet shipped, and when you get an 'Order Completed' notification, the item has then shipped.

Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

Aug 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #1,507 of 4,469
Aug 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #1,508 of 4,469
Not me. I do like the DBAs very much, but I'd rather put the money into a pair of actual customs (in other words, keep saving). Mainly because the DBAs are comfy enough with the UM56 custom sleeves, which I already have. I had TF10s reshelled, but ended up selling them. Fit wasn't right, and decided to just let them go.

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #1,509 of 4,469
I don't know..at that price you are in the same range as the JH5 which is supposed to be pretty good.

$160 for the DBA-02, $50 for impression, $30 for ES cable, $90-$160 for remold. That's $350 to $420 not including shipping. I'd probably go with a custom such as JH5 if given the option at those prices.

However if you really like the DBA-02 and find them worth that amount of money then by all means go for it. Also if it suits you just fine then you may go this route but the DBA-02 is a bit off for me to consider remolding for me. Also that means resale value is pretty much shot if you do that and don't like it.

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #1,510 of 4,469

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,511 of 4,469
Agree, JH5 probably would be a better investment all things considered, I think. But I am trying to save for a higher end JH model or maybe a Westone ES5, not sure. But to me, the DBAs are fine as is.

What are you asking for the drivers Ethan? Just curious.

Quote:
I don't know..at that price you are in the same range as the JH5 which is supposed to be pretty good.

$160 for the DBA-02, $50 for impression, $30 for ES cable, $90-$160 for remold. That's $350 to $420 not including shipping. I'd probably go with a custom such as JH5 if given the option at those prices.

However if you really like the DBA-02 and find them worth that amount of money then by all means go for it. Also if it suits you just fine then you may go this route but the DBA-02 is a bit off for me to consider remolding for me. Also that means resale value is pretty much shot if you do that and don't like it.

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #1,512 of 4,469
Oh the JH5 isn't even on my radar right now but they would probably be the better value imo of course. I'm actually looking at the ES5 once I sort things out with my current customs and sell some unnecessary stuff off.

I was wondering what you were doing with those DBA-02 ethan. I probably would have put up a sale for them letting people know what the problem with them are. If you do sell them you could always take out the filter so I can put my left driver in a filter if I could ever hear the difference.

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #1,513 of 4,469

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #1,514 of 4,469
About how many dB does the DBA-02 isolate with single flange tips?

I am planning to use them at work (where I want to be aware of things going on around me) and it would be pretty annoying if they isolate nearly as much as my Sensaphonics 2X-S (37dB) 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back