Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,486 of 4,469

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #1,487 of 4,469
The last two days with this earphone has been interesting. I think the noise I was getting was definitely my glasses. It was pretty old anyway and got a new one like a year or two ago but never used it until today really.

However I've been using my RE-Zero today and yesterday due to the issues and they seem to be very close and much closer than I thought. I'll wait a couple weeks as I do have to get my ear impressions redone sometime next week and wait another week or two for my customs to come back so probably make a decision on if I keep these in a month or just keep them both.

I got a pair of Eterna coming on Monday so maybe I'm becoming a fan of the FA line like I am with the Hifiman one.

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #1,489 of 4,469
Everyone's order will ship, don't worry.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,491 of 4,469

Quote:
The last two days with this earphone has been interesting. I think the noise I was getting was definitely my glasses. It was pretty old anyway and got a new one like a year or two ago but never used it until today really.

However I've been using my RE-Zero today and yesterday due to the issues and they seem to be very close and much closer than I thought. I'll wait a couple weeks as I do have to get my ear impressions redone sometime next week and wait another week or two for my customs to come back so probably make a decision on if I keep these in a month or just keep them both.

I got a pair of Eterna coming on Monday so maybe I'm becoming a fan of the FA line like I am with the Hifiman one.

Are the Eterna's the V1's or V2's, I have a pair of the V1's and they bring a smile to my face like no other IEM has ever done. Something about the crude and bold way they crank the fun to 11 is just so refreshing. I picture them as the guy that turns his stereo up to max after the police have already showed up and warned him for excess noise, basically they give a finger to calm and analytical and proudly proclaim, "LET THERE BE ROCK!" regardless of what anyone else thinks or says.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #1,492 of 4,469
It was a v1 which is the one I was always interested in once I read the review by ClieOS. I doubt I'll keep it long as I don't think I'll use them very often but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. When I had my Livewires before sending them back for a refit I wasn't using universals much so that probably won't change.

I have the Coppers which is a fun earphone imo but I'll see what the Eterna brings to the table. The best thing is that I don't have to do a review since it is not available for purchase as I've been doing reviews of most of my newly acquired earphones lately.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #1,493 of 4,469

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,494 of 4,469
Any comparisons of the DBA-02 against Sensaphonics or ACS custom IEMs?

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,495 of 4,469
Well no one has heard the DBA-02 and those customs. Sensaphonics isn't really that popular and not too many have the ACS customs.

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #1,496 of 4,469

Well no one has heard the DBA-02 and those customs. Sensaphonics isn't really that popular and not too many have the ACS customs.

They were mighty popular here some four years ago... Get off my lawn you kids! :p

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #1,497 of 4,469
Well I meant now. There's a bunch more customs companies now than a couple years ago when it was just freqshow, livewires, UE, Sensaphonics and a couple others.

edit: I may be getting a set of Phonak ear guides if I ever get around to it. I'm using the sound magic ones right now and they fix the problem but a bit too big for my liking. I kinda wish I didn't package my pair when I sold my CK10. Anyway now these are definitely not going in the FS unless I need to fund customs. Apparently this works the best for me. Sound Magic ear guides (they do look quite large don't they) with Monster triple flange tips using a spacer.

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #1,499 of 4,469

Quote:
M50s are cheap my friend.

@Ethan

If you do a review giveaway, I will happily pit either against my boys in Bold.

Haha, I heard the M50 already, and they're not that cheap :p (Canadian border can be a very fickle thing).  I preferred the O-Ones over them, more clarity, detail and bigger soundstage.

Quote:
Stay tuned, they're both likely candidates for a sale. Well, they are now that you put it in my mind. There might even be a review giveaway (maybe not of the FA-003 but others (that's a maybe, so neither yes or no)).
Also, there's still that conversion kit planned as far as I know, so you'll be able to change one to the other quite easily.
The FA-003 is neutral neutral, as in balanced (good amounts of everything), and while it's still pretty enjoyable, it's just not as fun as the FA-002 which is bassier although, understandably, not as accurate as the FA-003. It's a toss up which one I prefer, I think it's honestly just my mood. The FA-002 are plenty detailed and accurate enough for me, so it's not a big trade off.

Haha, totally forgot about that conversion kit, that sound be quite interesting!  I'll keep an eye one this "review giveaway"
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I think you guys should stay tuned for Marcus. My rep has told me first hand that it delivers bass like no other - and yes, that includes the Eterna. I suspect Marcus will take over from the old Eterna, while the Eterna matured a bit with the new revision.

I don't have any details as of yet, but I'm trying to find out all I can.
Marcus has been in the works for about 9 months at least that I know of, so I think it went through a lot of R&D. It's the very first new model I knew about, and it's only just coming.

Another revision of the eterna?  Guess FA is now getting more competitive in the IEM side.  Marcus the new Atrios of FA (or whatever is the new recommended bass head iem these days
tongue.gif
)?  I should start paying attention to the IEM section more often now lol!

Aug 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #1,500 of 4,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back