Review - Fischer Audio Silver Bullets - A True TITAN of the IEM world - 56k Warning
Dec 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #31 of 47
I already have gr07 which is wide left to right but not 3d. Is there big difference in soundstege compared with the bullets?
Does it worth it to get those as a second pair just for the soundstage?

The GR07 MKII has better soundstage depth than the MKI, IMO.. but the (original) SB has an even more airy, open soundstage.  The SB is warmer than the GR07, too (so you're getting a slightly different signature, as well).  IMO.. yes, it's worth having the SB around just for the soundstage.

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

The GR07 MKII has better soundstage depth than the MKI, IMO.. but the (original) SB has an even more airy, open soundstage.  The SB is warmer than the GR07, too (so you're getting a slightly different signature, as well).  IMO.. yes, it's worth having the SB around just for the soundstage.

Do you mean that silver bullets v2 that are out now are different than the originals in sound. I think they have changed only the cable in the v2. Anyway I'm  gonna buy those and thanks for helping.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #33 of 47
Do you mean that silver bullets v2 that are out now are different than the originals in sound. I think they have changed only the cable in the v2. Anyway I'm  gonna buy those and thanks for helping.

There are three Silver Bullets, by my estimation.  The original, original rev.2, and version 2.  The original & rev. 2 have identical tuning & build.  Rev. 2 has a slightly different, smoother (but still rubbery) cord, though.  Version 2 is the latest (and what most places like GD-Audiobase, Musica Acoustics, etc.).  The ver. 2's housing shape is different (and significantly lighter) than the original/rev. 2 (I like the weighter feel of the original/rev. 2 barrel/housing).  Version 2 also has a different mesh filter (looks like the HiFiMan filters) & a more plastic feeling cable.  Per FA, version 2 features a new driver as well and the tuning is brighter than the original/rev. 2.  Version two maintains the spacious, airy sound the SB is renowned for.. but now has more treble presence.

I'm a little torn between which I like more.. the original/rev.2 or ver. 2.  While the ver. 2 sounds (slightly) better from a technical perspective, it lost some of the uniqueness the original/rev. 2 possessed & the v.2's build feels a bit cheap in comparison to the orig/r.2.

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #35 of 47
The silver bullets v2 just arrived. They sound bad out of the box, dry and poor but i'm not surpised as my gr07 mk2 sounded the same
on their first hours but improved dramatically during burn in. What worries me is the fit. the stock tips are bad quality and hard and the metal nozzle is large and doesn't help. I also tried akg and meelec tips but  they where not much better.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:
The silver bullets v2 just arrived. They sound bad out of the box, dry and poor but i'm not surpised as my gr07 mk2 sounded the same
on their first hours but improved dramatically during burn in. What worries me is the fit. the stock tips are bad quality and hard and the metal nozzle is large and doesn't help. I also tried akg and meelec tips but  they where not much better.

Both Sony Hybrids and Shure silicone work perfectly on mine, though you have to deal with the driver flex

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Both Sony Hybrids and Shure silicone work perfectly on mine, though you have to deal with the driver flex

How do the hybrids fit in that large nozzle? i have some hybrids from gr07 packet and the hole is small to fit the bullets

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #38 of 47
I think the Version 2 are some of the best IEMs that you can get for the price, i love mine often using them over some of the most expensive IEM out there. They are a winner an the sound very unique to me.

here is my review video:

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #39 of 47
ok with some efort I fit the hybrids on the bullets. djvkool thanks for suggestion. There are finally very comfortable and the sound is much better than the stock tips, especialy the highs are improved. I'll burn them in for 20-30 hours and post my impressions. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #41 of 47
After 50-60 hours I can't say i am impressed with those. They lack resolution to be compared with more expensive iems and the soundstage isn't what I expected after the reviews. the presentation is distant rather than wide, deep and 3d. What I like is the non piercing highs and you can listen for long time

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:
After 50-60 hours I can't say i am impressed with those. They lack resolution to be compared with more expensive iems and the soundstage isn't what I expected after the reviews. the presentation is distant rather than wide, deep and 3d. What I like is the non piercing highs and you can listen for long time

Silver Bullet is easily in my top 5 of all time favourite, I rate this much higher than MTPC, which has similar signature.

You have to burn in while listening mate, so do both mechanical and brain burn in, I don't like my GR07 until after about 5-6 months of ownership, but finally I can totally see why GR07 is one of the most-praised IEM for its SQ...

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Silver Bullet is easily in my top 5 of all time favourite, I rate this much higher than MTPC, which has similar signature.

You have to burn in while listening mate, so do both mechanical and brain burn in, I don't like my GR07 until after about 5-6 months of ownership, but finally I can totally see why GR07 is one of the most-praised IEM for its SQ...

maybe they need more burn in. My bullets have 60 hours and gr07 100 hours. gr07 costs 2x the price but they're 5x better, just different leage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back