Review - Fischer Audio Silver Bullets - A True TITAN of the IEM world - 56k Warning
Sep 20, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 47
Glad you liked your ever-elusive SB, swbf2cheater. Nice review, nice pics.
I'm one of those who dislike the stock tips due to poor isolation. Black olives solved that issue.
While I completely agree on the bling factor, the wide sounstage, the amp boost, I wouldn't go as far to say that SB is the "Titan of the IEM world" although SB are definitely better than the M1.

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #17 of 47
Dial-up warning in 2010? 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #18 of 47

Quote:
Dial-up warning in 2010? 
tongue_smile.gif

lol. Some people do still use dial-up. But if it helps you feel better, just think of it as a mobile phone warning.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #19 of 47

Quote:
Glad you liked your ever-elusive SB, swbf2cheater. Nice review, nice pics.
I'm one of those who dislike the stock tips due to poor isolation. Black olives solved that issue.
While I completely agree on the bling factor, the wide sounstage, the amp boost, I wouldn't go as far to say that SB is the "Titan of the IEM world" although SB are definitely better than the M1.

To each his own, I say.  I really do not know of any other set for similar price that has high ratings on all the qualities an iem should have.  But, im open to free samples if you feel otherwise, always great to get free stuff hehe.  However, Im highly skeptical that any iem for this price will beat it in a points game if you lay out every quality and rated it.  If you would like to send me free iems please feel free to do so and if they have higher marks than the SBs, I will change a few lines of text in the original post
wink.gif

Quote:
lol. Some people do still use dial-up. But if it helps you feel better, just think of it as a mobile phone warning.
rolleyes.gif

Was definitely meant for phone users or people with sluggish dsl like me
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 47
hi, thank you for the review, and i am glad i made the purchase but BOY, they are really hard to find. i had them for 1 week, and i love them a lot both in LOOKS and Sound. They are sounding better and better as days goes by burning with brown, white, pink noise and various sweep; they are transforming into a real gem. i am really glad to have these apart from PL 30, and the limited edition Re-zero that came in yesterday. Enjoy the FS Silver Bullet in your ears. Enjoyment indeed, these bullets.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #25 of 47
They're still among my favorite IEMs.. I've owned plenty & listened to many more.. the Silver Bullets have stayed.. these IEMs have a very unique sig that will always have a place in my collection.. bass can be a bit loose unamped, but amp them & it tightens up nicely and they really shine, IMO.  One thing I did remember though.. they took an incredibly long time to burn in.  They were quite bassy & muffled for God knows how many hours.. eventually, those lovely, smooth mids came out and the bass cleaned up.. the soundstage still blows me away to this day.. you simply cannot find something this spacious in an IEM in the price range.  Getting the proper seal is important too (not a deep fit though)..

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #27 of 47
i lost my precious silver bullets 2 months ago...and i have on hand my HJE900 as well as Re262, rotating between these 2....i miss how the bullet sounds at times....... miss these bullets.

but they are really hard to find.......

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #29 of 47
I can't comment on the SB's isolation compared to the Eterna (never owned it).  Etys are famed for their isolation & most every universal IEM will pale in comparison.  The SB sounds best with a shallow in-ear fit, so that doesn't help with isolation either.  Bottom line: if isolation is a big priority, the SB won't fit the bill.

It's funny.. the SB was one of the first phones I owned since joining HF.. since then I've owned or listened a ton of universals (including most all the budget 'titans'.. GR07, DBA-02, W4, EX600, FXT90, etc.).. the SB outlasted them all.  Even moving onto customs & buying the top-tier HE-500, I'm still unable to part with the SB.  Its sound is just too unique & addictive.  The UM Miracle might be the phone whose soundstage finally lets me part with the SB... but we'll see.

When I get ready to sell a pair of phones, I typically listen to them while typing up the FS classified.  I've tried to 'sell' the SB three or four times: by the time I get ready to hit "post," I can't bring myself to do it.. LOL.  Even if I don't listen to them as often as I'd like to, they're pretty damn cool to look at!

*sigh*

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #30 of 47
Quote:
I can't comment on the SB's isolation compared to the Eterna (never owned it).  Etys are famed for their isolation & most every universal IEM will pale in comparison.  The SB sounds best with a shallow in-ear fit, so that doesn't help with isolation either.  Bottom line: if isolation is a big priority, the SB won't fit the bill.

It's funny.. the SB was one of the first phones I owned since joining HF.. since then I've owned or listened a ton of universals (including most all the budget 'titans'.. GR07, DBA-02, W4, EX600, FXT90, etc.).. the SB outlasted them all.  Even moving onto customs & buying the top-tier HE-500, I'm still unable to part with the SB.  Its sound is just too unique & addictive.  The UM Miracle might be the phone whose soundstage finally lets me part with the SB... but we'll see.

When I get ready to sell a pair of phones, I typically listen to them while typing up the FS classified.  I've tried to 'sell' the SB three or four times: by the time I get ready to hit "post," I can't bring myself to do it.. LOL.  Even if I don't listen to them as often as I'd like to, they're pretty damn cool to look at!

I already have gr07 which is wide left to right but not 3d. Is there big difference in soundstege compared with the bullets?
Does it worth it to get those as a second pair just for the soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back