[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Feb 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #196 of 468
Got my Eterna's in the mail today, exactly one week after ordering. Talk about quick service! Very happy. It was just the treat i needed after a long, somewhat lousy week. Wow are these fun to listen to right out of the box. I can hardly wait to see what a few hours of use does for them, and if it's nothing, i'd be very ok with that too! Thanks to all that have posted info on different tips for these. I'll be putting it to use soon.
wink.gif
I hope Fischer continues with the low frills packaging. I have a $7 Samsonite camera case that holds any of my players and has a nice webbed pocket for my IEM's...no expensive extra's required to impress me.
smily_headphones1.gif
You can buy the Eterna's and a case and some different tips and be hundreds of $$ ahead of some of the "big names" and have some seriously good IEM's to listen to. Kinda wish i'd found these BEFORE my IE8's...
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #197 of 468
Has anyone had the chance to compare them to my beloved JVC FX500 (I don't care too much for my RE0, too little bass but I'll admit to liking the sparkly treble :wink:? Are they markedly different to its signature (which is also quite punchy, bass wise
wink.gif
. Or in another word, if I buy these, will I be kicking myself for having spent 160USD on FX500 or will I get another, different type of bassy phone?

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #198 of 468
Anyone have any insight for or experience with Fischer's EP-195 fit kit? Comply foam is nice but overpriced and make my ears itch after a short period of time.

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #199 of 468
It has quite some treble but I don't think it's quite as present as with the RE0 (it may be there every bit, just less noticeable with the mucho bass
wink.gif
)

Feb 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #200 of 468
I spent around 7 hours listening to my Eterna's last night. I don't think i can offer much that hasn't already been said here other than i noticed a really big difference in sound when switching from my 2nd gen Touch to my 5th gen Nano. EQ off both devices when comparing. The Nano made any sibilance i was picking out with certain music all but disappear,vocal clarity improved and bass got punchier over what i was hearing with my Touch, which now leads me to ponder what these devils would sound like through other portable sources?? Curious whether anyone else has A/B'd these with different sources. Regardless, my sweet spot so far is the Eterna's with an E1 through my Nano. Great with all music genres.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #202 of 468
I heard they want to have their own webstore and going to have new models launching in a few months, but I don't know if they have a precise schedule as to when.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #204 of 468
I must say that i've never seen Comply tips completely change the sound signature of an earphone to near complete ruination the way they seem to on the Eterna. I promptly retired them and vanished any thoughts of trying them again. Maybe it's my super small ears. Anyone else find this to be the case? I think the Fischer fit kit is gonna be my best friend when it becomes available. Almost one week since i received these and the bass seems quite a bit tamed from "out of the box". Not that it vanished...just tamed. Still in awe of the "bang for the buck" factor the Eterna offers as i hear details in some of my tunes that i haven't heard with my pricier high end IEM's.

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #205 of 468
I really like my Silver Bullets after about a month of use, but I do have one issue which is quite bothersome. It seems that they are quite sensitive to moisture, and I've found that the right IEM tend to have very low volume at times do to tiny amounts of moisture
in my ear. Oddly this only happens to the right side. After a few hours of sitting on a table all is good again with them.

Does anyone have any practical suggestions on how to avoid this problem?

Also, are there are replacement earwax filters available for the Silver Bullet?

Thanks.

Z.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #206 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
clean your ears before you use?

I've tried that, but it doesn't help. Maybe there is a tiny bit of water in my ear from my morning shower, but I'd think an hour wait after my shower and cleaning with cotton buds (Q-Tips) would have taken care of it.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #209 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a related note the iM-590 can now easily be found for <$45, at least in the US.

With the new 7 series launching in a month or two, it is about time the 5 series's price comes down a little. Ah, always a very busy task trying to keep track of the market price
wink_face.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #210 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, I'm proud to be Canadian!

Well, just wait until Sunday, when the Young Upstarts To The South finish up a perfect series.

Of course, first it's the ladies' turn today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back