[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #182 of 195
Cant wait for the genesis review. Anyone got a date hint?
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #184 of 195
Guys does anyone know when genesis will be out and start reviewed? Because i want to wait so i can chose between them, m2 and eterna. If genesis are coming out in november like the new klipsch then i wont wait  and i will grab a deal from mp4nation at the m2's.
Lights please
L3000.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #185 of 195
Audiobase has the genesis for sale! in a much lower price than Treeo.
Also they sell the eterna rev1(!). I though this were discontinued but i guess there is new stock.
Do you believe the rev1 is much better than rev2?

http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=52&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #186 of 195
Great news! Fischer Audio renewed Eterna v.1 production and they will be ready soon.
Approximately to the end of December begiinig of January. But they are already available for pre order.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #187 of 195
Quote:
Great news! Fischer Audio renewed Eterna v.1 production and they will be ready soon.
Approximately to the end of December begiinig of January. But they are already available for pre order.

Sound good!, Hopefully the sound will return fully to the original which I really love.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #188 of 195
As far as i know, Fischer Audio didnt change it, so Eterna from this new batch have to be exactly the same.

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #190 of 195

Quote:
Was wondering how the sound of the DBA2 compares to ety ER4P since both are labelled as analytical. Are there any big differences between them?

ER4P has a more neutral sound than DBA-02, and less bright on the treble. I would say DBA-02 is a little more fun to listen, more musical if you like (though by definition it is not really a fun sounding IEM). SQ wise, they are more or less very close. If you have no particular preference for a flatter sound, I think DBA-02 will be a better choice (plus it is probably cheaper).

Jun 22, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #191 of 195
I see, because my HF5 just broke recently and im thinking of replacing it. I quite liked the sound coming from them so im not sure how the DBAs compare. How about isolation? Main reason im getting IEMs over portable headphones right now is because of isolation (I like to listen to music on the plane XD) Do the DBA-02 isolate as well or close to what etys do?

EDIT: because i sent my dead hf5 to etymotics they offered to sell me a brand new ER4P for $179 which is why im asking about the DBA-02. Not a big difference in price when compared like that and if ety's offer better sound and isolation I would buy the ER4s instead because sound and isolation are the 2 most important criteria for me and i have no problems inserting triple flange tips into my ears so comfort is not an issue at all.
Quote:

ER4P has a more neutral sound than DBA-02, and less bright on the treble. I would say DBA-02 is a little more fun to listen, more musical if you like (though by definition it is not really a fun sounding IEM). SQ wise, they are more or less very close. If you have no particular preference for a flatter sound, I think DBA-02 will be a better choice (plus it is probably cheaper).

Jun 22, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #192 of 195

Quote:
I see, because my HF5 just broke recently and im thinking of replacing it. I quite liked the sound coming from them so im not sure how the DBAs compare. How about isolation? Main reason im getting IEMs over portable headphones right now is because of isolation (I like to listen to music on the plane XD) Do the DBA-02 isolate as well or close to what etys do?

EDIT: because i sent my dead hf5 to etymotics they offered to sell me a brand new ER4P for $179 which is why im asking about the DBA-02. Not a big difference in price when compared like that and if ety's offer better sound and isolation I would buy the ER4s instead because sound and isolation are the 2 most important criteria for me and i have no problems inserting triple flange tips into my ears so comfort is not an issue at all.

Nothing beats Ety on isolation really. The price Ety offers to you is quite attractive. I'll take their offer if I were you and get an P to S adapter from eBay, then you will have both ER4P and ER4S in one package.

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #193 of 195
Alright, ill get the etys then/ Thanks for your help. BTW, the offer they gave me apparently is part of their special purchase program. If u return out of warranty ety iems u can purchase their other models for a cheaper price. The price they quoted me was:

ER•4 earphones  $179.00
hf5 earphones  $89.00
6i earphones  $59.00
mc5 earphones  $48.00
hf2 headset + earphones  $99.00
hf3 headset + earphones  $107.00
mc3 headset + earphones  $59.00
etyBLU2 Bluetooth headset  $78.00
ETYCOM headset  $29.00

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #194 of 195

Quote:
... If u return out of warranty ety iems u can purchase their other models for a cheaper price.

Good to know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back