[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
May 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #61 of 195
Some good news: Local FA distributor just got their stock of the first batch of Eterna V2 and Omega V2 yesterday and has offered me the chance to give them a review. So I guess the actual review of Eterna v2 will come in a few weeks.

May 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #62 of 195
Wow......it will indeed be interesting to see how different the actual production Eterna sounds compared to the unit you reviewed.......I'm sure Eterna fans were confused about your findings on the beta unit.

May 22, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #63 of 195
I can't really speak as I don't listen to any jazz, but I can certainly see what you mean. I can see how something with a sound signature a bit more liquid would help jazz more than something with impact. I don't know if it actually is a problem or not or if it does interfere with the music, but it still comes down mostly to personal preference. If you want a laid back sound, then you know you want a dynamic IEM. If you want a more engaging and intimate sound, you might want armatures. Of course, there are exceptions for each.

May 22, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #65 of 195

Quote:
Some good news: Local FA distributor just got their stock of the first batch of Eterna V2 and Omega V2 yesterday and has offered me the chance to give them a review. So I guess the actual review of Eterna v2 will come in a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to that! I hope this V2 is closer to the sound signature of the V1 than the beta you reviewed.

May 22, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #66 of 195
Quote:
Hey ClieOS, between the DBA-02 and the Ortofon eq-7, which one do you think have better sq. ?

Technically I think e-Q7 is slight ahead of DBA-02, but they have very different sound signature which is much more important than pure performance.

May 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #67 of 195

Quote:
I can't really speak as I don't listen to any jazz, but I can certainly see what you mean. I can see how something with a sound signature a bit more liquid would help jazz more than something with impact. I don't know if it actually is a problem or not or if it does interfere with the music, but it still comes down mostly to personal preference. If you want a laid back sound, then you know you want a dynamic IEM. If you want a more engaging and intimate sound, you might want armatures. Of course, there are exceptions for each.

That's what I am thinking...and why I ask such questions. I am entertaining the Phonak and the DBA-02 and since they are close to the same price, it's a toss-up for me...just trying to pick peoples brains as to if Jazz with it's often  at times sparse instrumentation (occassionaly what I like gets congested...but generally sparse) and horns that can soar  - I like a lot of Coletrane, Art Blakey, Dexter Gordon...older stuff that may not have always been re-mastered yet.

May 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #68 of 195
I have heard the DBAs and the PFEs (a friend owned them for a short time), and to me, while the PFEs are very good IEMs, the DBAs are more balanced (and much easier to drive from what I remember). Without an amp, the DBAs are my choice. I only listened to the PFEs for an hour or so, but from memory, the DBAs are going to work better for jazz and all genres as well. But of course, unless you hear them both yourself, not much else I can say about it.

May 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #69 of 195
I think both the PFE and DBA-02 scale up well with an amp, but the difference is greater amped to unamped with the PFE.

May 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #71 of 195
I just got myself Eterna V2 from local distributor a couple of hours ago, I'd say it sounds pretty good out of the box. At least to me. Omega v2 sounds decent enough for me as well. The bass just pound inside my head. I'm throwing my Hippo VB out of the window now (not literally of course!), can't stand the harsh treble.

May 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #72 of 195
My shipment of Eterna should arrive any day now, we'll see soon how they compare.

May 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #74 of 195
ClieOS, I wish to know the comparison between the Eterna v1 with the DBA-02. I liked the bass quantity on Eterna, but the biggest problem I have is the treble that's just too weak, it sounded very muffled/veiled. What I wanted to know is:

1) How does DBA-02 compare to Eterna v1 in terms of bass (impact, amount and detail). For me the Eterna delivers bass until 30Hz at 4dB below the reference 100Hz loudness, while 50Hz above is pretty flat, on this regard how does DBA-02 fare on the sub-bass roll off?
2) On songs that are "balanced" (not bright or dark recordings), does the vocal on DBA-02 sounded bright like Hippo Shroom? I find that Shroom's vocal sounded a bit artificially sharp, like the volume on upper midrange boosted.
3) Are the treble's volume(or quantity) too high or it's enough? For comparison on Eterna v1 the treble volume is quite weak for me.

I now run my Eterna v1 with boosted upper mid+treble (increasing dB from upper mid onwards) and the quantity is ok, but the driver's treble detail is limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back