REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-006 - Baby Brother To The FA-003....Antithesis To The Beats!
Feb 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #121 of 135

Nice indeed, but wish they could be more consistent with the build quality of their parts - the wood enclosures are lovely, the headband looks cheap.  Odd contrast.

Quote:

Awesome....reminds me of Hell Boy....

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #122 of 135

Quote:
@willtinker haha, looks like we're making models popular enough for others to make copies :) But we'll upgrade 006s soon...
@FischerAudioEng Those Renkforce's look identical to the FA-006. It's just a Yoga headphone, isn't it? Did you make any changes at all?
@willtinker well, our competitors making our life more interesting again. That's how FA-006 will look since now fischeraudio.ru/files/FA006.jpg
@willtinker APE-02S inside, of course. Plus - wood housing.

@FischerAudioEng That looks very good but I am just interested in what FA did with the FA-006s -they look like OEM Yogas. Different drivers?
@willtinker same drivers. Different housing, plus APE-02S filter.

Hmm...

Don't know if this was lost in translation, or what.  But it does look as though the Renkforce/FA-006/Yoga are identical.

Their 'updated' model is the same headphone, same driver, but different housing and filter.

So FA basically confirmed the Renkforce is the same headphone as the FA-006? If that's the case, the Renkforce suddenly becomes one of the best value headphones around...

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #123 of 135
In a round about sort of way yes, it appears they have.  And yes indeed - I guess that makes the Renkforce an even better deal.

Quote:
So FA basically confirmed the Renkforce is the same headphone as the FA-006? If that's the case, the Renkforce suddenly becomes one of the best value headphones around...

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #125 of 135
First, it's in Korean. The Translate is botched beyond recognition. Second, have you actually heard this headphone? If you haven't, your post is completely useless. If you have, can YOU hear the distortion? Because I can't. And I listen to it pretty often. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #126 of 135
To be honest, when I first listened to them with the foam pads on... I hated them.  And I'd be inclined to agree with your link.  But without I think it's a pretty cool sounding headphone - seems quite a nice accurate reproduction to me.

I'm sad FA simply took and rebranded something so cheap, though.

Quote:
"FA006...Antithesis to the Beats." Yes, it's true. But sadly, very sadly, it is also antithesis to all the great flat headphones.
This headphone heavily distorts the music. see this: http://goldenears.net/board/1869073

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #127 of 135
Need some help!!! I can't seem to be able to order Renkforce from Conrad Electronics and have them shipped to U.S. Also Frogbeats is already discontinued carrying FA-006, (probably waiting for retooled FA-006). The only vendor for the FA-006 right now seems to be GD-Audiobase (I will not order from them since I had with payments being processed properly on a headphone last year). I wish Fischer would get a reliable seller and distributor for North America. Any suggestions on possibly purchasing the FA-006 somewhere else and/or Renkforce. Thanks for help, Happy Listening.

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #128 of 135

Quote:
Need some help!!! I can't seem to be able to order Renkforce from Conrad Electronics and have them shipped to U.S. Also Frogbeats is already discontinued carrying FA-006, (probably waiting for retooled FA-006). The only vendor for the FA-006 right now seems to be GD-Audiobase (I will not order from them since I had with payments on a headphone last year). I wish Fischer would get a reliable seller and distributor for North America. Any suggestions on possibly purchasing the FA-006 somewhere else and/or Renkforce. Thanks for help, Happy Listening.

I've got my Renkforce CD-340 (FA-006) and MC Crypt DJ-50 (FA-004) both from Conrad. I did read on the Fischer Audio Facebook that they're revamping the FA-006, so it should be available again soon. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #131 of 135
I just got renkforce cd-340. I'm very impressed by the sound considering the price. Indeed very similar to fa-003. My only complaint is the sweaty and bit uncomfortable pads. I tried the fa-003 pads. Even though those pads are oval they can be fitted. Comfort increased but it also made the bass bit boomy. Then I remembered I had pair of byerdynamic dt770 pads. It's a perfect fit. I removed the foam covering the driver...thought beyers foam cover and the original one would be too much. Now these things sound awesome! Sound is very airy and I keep forgetting these are not open headphones. Propably the most open sounding closed headphones I've heard. I can't believe the detail either. I have akg k701 and with renkforce I've heard things I've never heard before. It's a cliche but it's true. Allready wide soundstage got wider and treble is more lively. Highs are now very similar to dt770 but it's not a beyer style V shaped soundsignature. These are still neutral headphones, beyer pads just add that little something that makes music more enjoyable for me.  Takstar 2050 feels like a budget version of sennheiser hd600 and now these are definately budget version of k701. I've have many good cheap headphones but I really didn't expect cd-340+dt770 pads combo to be this good :) It's a shame these are hard to get in the US. Maybe Vivanco sr 480 hd would be more easily accessable there. It seems to be the same headphone.

(image missing)

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #132 of 135
Got these babies today, quite impressed! Sound is warm, nice and pleasant - ideal for classic rock, jazz etc. Not as good in modern genres (metal, electronic), but i don't care. My previous headphones were Soundmagic P30 (too dull and muffled for my taste), Takstar 2050 (ear-piercing sound, too much treble) and Koss UR40 (super-comfortable, but sound dissapointed me after Porta Pro's, again - too much treble for me) - so FA-006 takes first place for home-listening phones. What i didn't like: they press quite hard on my head, and earcups could be bigger

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #133 of 135
Decide to make them open cans, removed plastic pieces and replaced them with cushions from $5 Sven phones
biggrin.gif

Sexy look and sound improved a bit
happy_face1.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #134 of 135
Hi,
I recently got this.

But i don't know how to change the pads which is bundled.

Is there anyone could tell me how?
Sorry for being a newbi question..

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #135 of 135
Never mind. I figured out.

It was that just getting take pads off through simply pulling it.

And sound is very good not only before changing them, also good even after changing it, and its sounding is more natural now.

The soundstage is very huge and in this price niche, i think there is not gonna be meaningful competing, even $150 range.

My old phone was m50x which is known as a good headphone to get along first-start with, and its bass is astounding but soundstage is sucks due to artificial sparkle in treble.
For me, more natural one is fa-006, however resolving capability a very little bit behind of m50x, and you might get feeling bad that actually could show negative side of fa-006 due to emphasizing in mid freq when only being fitted not properly.
But fa-006's overall sounding is more tender and balanced than m50x, and this probably is because it came from its zero fatiguing sound.
And it made me have more fun with it.

Edit: I was wrong, its sound worth $200 or more! and soundstage can be varied depend on how you fit them, but as near as you are in well-fitted, more pleasant experience you get.
P.S. i bought this at fischeraudio.com, paid for 69$ free-shipping, and delivery time was 16 business days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back