REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-006 - Baby Brother To The FA-003....Antithesis To The Beats!
Jan 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #106 of 135

Quote:
Fischer uses a lot of the same OEM parts as other manufacturers.  The FA-011 headband is the same as the one on a Turtle Beach model (and the cups look very similar as well, just wooden), and there are at least two FA-003 clones out there (Lindy Premium Hi-Fi Headphones and Brainwavz HM5).  Pretty sure I've seen a FA-004 clone somewhere as well.

They are not clones, just as CAL! is not a clone of D1001.

Quote:
Interesting find... seeing this did make me highly suspicious of FA, I have to admit.

The FA-006s are the first FA's I've purchased and been disappointed with.  I've just found the sound to be really muffled and poorly defined.  After several hours burn-in... slight improvement, but not much.

I found the 006s to be extremely hash without the filters; to me they sounded very clear, not muffled at all. It would be a defective unit or just your sound preference towards very bright headphones. You might even FA-003 to be "muffled" by that standand.

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #108 of 135

Quote:
They are not clones, just as CAL! is not a clone of D1001.

I found the 006s to be extremely hash without the filters; to me they sounded very clear, not muffled at all. It would be a defective unit or just your sound preference towards very bright headphones. You might even FA-003 to be "muffled" by that standand.

Well... you could be right about my preference.  But really, I think if you heard these you'd have agreed.  Guess the only other likely explanation could be, as you mentioned, a defective pair (but defective only in the density of foam used).

Without... not really harsh sounding for me.  Not fatiguing.  Well defined.  The difference in sound quality has for me been night/day with/without filters.  They do now sound a little brighter than the FA-002w... actually seem a bit Grado-like in sound sig.

Would be interesting if someone picked up those 20 quid ones... I want to know exactly what is different.

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #109 of 135
For those of you who don't find 006s to be muffled (which I assume almost all of you because this is the first instance where someone says that), please do yourself a favour: don't remove the filters unless you want your ears to bleed. While the filters are removable, the glue on them will wear out. But it's up to you really...at least I try to warn people.

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #110 of 135

Quote:
For those of you who don't find 006s to be muffled (which I assume almost all of you because this is the first instance where someone says that), please do yourself a favour: don't remove the filters unless you want your ears to bleed. While the filters are removable, the glue on them will wear out. But it's up to you really...at least I try to warn people.

Of course, if satisfied with the sound absolutely keep them on.  What I'm saying is, if dissatisfied, remove them.

If there is a substantial batch going out with filters like those on mine, there will be a significant number wanting to try this.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #112 of 135
Cool, let me know... I tweeted the link to them to FA for a laugh - their response was that it was a copy(!).

Quote:
I ordered them from Conrad.nl, will see how they compare to the orginal review. Will get them friday probably. Might send 'em off to a friend who has the Fa-006 to clear things up. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #113 of 135

Quote:
I tweeted the link to them to FA for a laugh - their response was that it was a copy(!).

While I understand them protecting their OEM source I think it's a bit naïve to think people won't find out eventually everyone's sourcing from the same manufacturer (Yoga). Anyway, we'll find out soon enough. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #114 of 135
Look forward to hearing your verdict!

Quote:

While I understand them protecting their OEM source I think it's a bit naïve to think people won't find out eventually everyone's sourcing from the same manufacturer (Yoga). Anyway, we'll find out soon enough. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #115 of 135
Here ya go guys, took a quick picture of the Conrad headphone. The lighting here in the office is horrible but you get the idea.  

Renkforce CD-340 - quick impressions:

Build:
Although plasticky, these things seem to be built really well. Great materials, comfortable headband, flexible, sturdy yet light without feeling too cheap. Removeable cable, singly entry. The pads are some sort of pleathered-memory foam. They don't quite seal for me and aren't very comfortable to my, admittedly ginormous, ears. The pads aren't totally circumaural and rest on my earlobe, causing pressure that gets uncomfortable after a while. This can be less of a problem if you have small ears. 

Sound:
They sound balanced, subjectively neutral with a VERY good soundstage for such a budget headphone. Slightly recessed in the mids and moderately lean. Not a front-row presentation. Not for bassheads but certainly not bass-light. Pretty impressive extensions for the price I paid. Decent seperation and they sound overall pleasant and, dare I say, polite. Monitor-like. If I press down slightly on the pads I get higher bass quantity so I guess the pads are too stiff right now to really show me what they're capable of. They really remind me of the Brainwavz HM5's smaller brother as well. 

Renkforce CD-340 = Yoga CD-340 = Fischer Audio FA-006?
Regarding the similarities between the Renkforce, Yoga and FA, I can't say if these are the exact same since I don't have a FA-006 laying around. I can however say that I am VERY surprised and VERY happy with these great sounding (and looking) cans. They cost me $35 incl. shipping from the Conrad webstore, which is a steal in my opinion. For me, they beat the Superlux HD668b, which is another great budget contender in that price category. The HD668b looks cheap and sounds screechy and sibilant in comparison.

When you compare these photos (and specs) of the Renkforce CD-340 (first), Yoga CD-340 (second) and FA-006 (third) I think it's more than possible they're the exact same headphone. 

Specs according to the packaging:

- load (max): 100 mW
- frequency range: 20 - 20.000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohm
- sound pressure: 102 dB
- weight: 290 g.
- cable length: 3.1 m.

EDIT: since this post turned out more like a review, I made a new thread. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #116 of 135
Thought so...

That sound you described is exactly as I would describe the FA-006, except that I found the pads on mine to be a complete waste of time because they were so thick and dense that they adversely affected everything (kingpage disagrees with me, might justbe my ears but doubt it considering the number of pairs of cans I've owned).

It is good that you like the sound, but it is disappointing that the £50+ Fischer Audios are (probably) the exact same headphone as the Renkforce...

My confidence in FA has been dented.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #120 of 135
@willtinker haha, looks like we're making models popular enough for others to make copies :) But we'll upgrade 006s soon...
@FischerAudioEng Those Renkforce's look identical to the FA-006. It's just a Yoga headphone, isn't it? Did you make any changes at all?
@willtinker well, our competitors making our life more interesting again. That's how FA-006 will look since now fischeraudio.ru/files/FA006.jpg
@willtinker APE-02S inside, of course. Plus - wood housing.

@FischerAudioEng That looks very good but I am just interested in what FA did with the FA-006s -they look like OEM Yogas. Different drivers?
@willtinker same drivers. Different housing, plus APE-02S filter.

Hmm...

Don't know if this was lost in translation, or what.  But it does look as though the Renkforce/FA-006/Yoga are identical.

Their 'updated' model is the same headphone, same driver, but different housing and filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back