REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-002W (OW model)
Mar 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #46 of 116
2 weeks is usually a minimum to Australia via Normal postage, i have been lucky to get stuff within just over a week from the UK. My DBA's took about 16 days to reach me from Russia, so take a few deep breathes and relax.

lead time is not shipping time. he hasn't shipped yet. I was referring to the quoted time it takes to make the cups/receive the stock of DBA-2.

I got the response back from Dmitry today and he says there's been a delay in getting the DBA-2s and they shouldn't be long.

Batch with DBa-02 are going through customs at the moment with a not big delay, but i guess that they will be in stock on this week.

Shipping will takes about two weeks. So you will receive them approx through 2 weeks or so.

While I'm not impressed (the website said DBA-2 were in stock and 'ONLY 9 LEFT' when I was buying), let's see how it goes.

Why post this in two threads..??

because I'm clearly stirring s--t up. I don't like when sellers don't respond to queries in a timely manner when their original estimates are no longer valid. Posting a pass-through to public forums is fairly standard practice. Thankfully Dmitry seems to be a pretty good seller :)

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #47 of 116
I thought you might of been stirring :wink: I bought my DBA's for Dmitry and it all worked out rather well, but i totally understand if it said in-stock and then turning the opposite. Thats one thing that gets on my nerves.

I am however a tad jealous of you getting some woody FA-002w's they look rather amazing! :)

Quote:

Quote:
Why post this in two threads..??

because I'm clearly stirring s--t up. I don't like when sellers don't respond to queries in a timely manner when their original estimates are no longer valid. Posting a pass-through to public forums is fairly standard practice. Thankfully Dmitry seems to be a pretty good seller
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #48 of 116
I thought you might of been stirring :wink: I bought my DBA's for Dmitry and it all worked out rather well, but i totally understand if it said in-stock and then turning the opposite. Thats one thing that gets on my nerves.

I am however a tad jealous of you getting some woody FA-002w's they look rather amazing! :)

http://www.gd-audiobase.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Fischer_Audio_FA_4d505d039635a.jpg 'eeee!111oneoneone' :D

hmm the headband looks like cloth. Do they sell replacement headband cloths and pads, or only pads?

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #52 of 116

Quote:
Quote:
While I'm not impressed (the website said DBA-2 were in stock and 'ONLY 9 LEFT' when I was buying), let's see how it goes.

I have to say that they has not been in stock at that moment, and "only 9 left" meant that 9 pcs left for pre order, since all other DBA-02 were already pre ordered at that time.

However most likely DBA will be in stock very soon since they have passed the customs and going for delivery office from sorting center.

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #53 of 116
I have to say that they has not been in stock at that moment, and "only 9 left" meant that 9 pcs left for pre order, since all other DBA-02 were already pre ordered at that time.

However most likely DBA will be in stock very soon since they have passed the customs and going for delivery office from sorting center.

ah, ok.... That makes more sense then...

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #54 of 116
Ahhh nice heads up there :)

Ive been emailing Dmitry and asking a few questions, he definitely answered in depth and in a timely manner! Now just playing the waiting game! :) Rather excited!! Seeing as its been a long time since ive purchased a headphone.

Quote:
Quote:

ah, ok.... That makes more sense then...

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #55 of 116
Does anyone know if there's much of a difference in sound quality between the different types of wood used? i.e Amaranth Old Wood, Walnut (European or American), Hornbeam (Brown or Old Wood), Mahogany, Maple, Merbau, Oak, Redwood, Sapele and Wenge!
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #57 of 116

Quote:
There shouldn't be any noticeable difference, I think it's more the stepping that matters... I don't even know why wood should be better after all

Resonance characteristics probably. 

Say LFF I don't have the FA-002W but I do have the FA-003 and the wood cups should fit on the FA-003, at which point it will essentially be the same thing right? I think I saw this in the other thread but just wanted to make sure. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #58 of 116

Quote:
Does anyone know if there's much of a difference in sound quality between the different types of wood used? i.e Amaranth Old Wood, Walnut (European or American), Hornbeam (Brown or Old Wood), Mahogany, Maple, Merbau, Oak, Redwood, Sapele and Wenge!
confused_face_2.gif

I would be interested to know as well. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #59 of 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back