REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-002W High Edition
May 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #77 of 131
Originally Posted by migasson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm joining the club:) mine is on order:wink: arriving hopefully in the next two days.. Be fed with 180 gram pressings and a Burson Soloist..

Congrats.. heard the Soloist is a beast with the HD800.. so I think it's reasonable to assume it'll sound great with the HE.  I'm confident my HE is fully "broken in" now and it sounds terrific with the Violectric stack.  I got a Speedballed BH Crack a few days ago and the HE sounds wonderful on it, as well.

..what wood did you get?

May 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #78 of 131
Well, I wasn't the fussiest, but it was one of the few left in stock.. And the most expensive! The Helix Bubinga cups.. Apparently a "velvety" sound, so it should be very nice. I'll post my impressions once I've got some hours on them:)

May 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #79 of 131
Good deal.. let the HE break in a bit.. it sounded quite bright (but not sibilant), ootb.. I found that it settled into an airy, clean, fast midrange (that was almost e-stat like) with a smooth, crisp, open treble response.  Bass extends deep, hits accurately, and possesses excellent speed, as well.  With the proper upstream components, it's very balanced, detailed, and will be non-fatiguing.

I just can't say enough about how impressed I am with this phone.  The tonal accuracy, transparency, soundstage depth, impressive speed, and instrument separation makes for a very involving listening experience.  

May 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #82 of 131
Originally Posted by jerg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These have some really nice-looking velour-pleather hybrid pads, does anyone have a link where I could buy the pads?

I've bought these pads from MP4N.net before (note: the price listed is for one pad).. they're replacements for the Brainwavz HM5 (which is a Fischer Audio FA-003 "clone").. so far all intents & purposes, they should be identical.

May 31, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #83 of 131
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Ok, got the phones on now... Chose the Bubinga Helix model.. Impressions to come..

May 31, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #85 of 131
Brief notes before I switch off.. It's light on its feet this phone, and coming off an LCD-2, it's brighter for sure, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. It carries rhythm really well. Anyone that says this is a heavy phone surely hasn't owned an Audeze! Airy for sure, and it's reputation for being a little intolerant of bad recordings is right methinks:) but hey, lets wait till this thing has broken in a bit too.

May 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #86 of 131
Quote:

I've bought these pads from MP4N.net before (note: the price listed is for one pad).. they're replacements for the Brainwavz HM5 (which is a Fischer Audio FA-003 "clone").. so far all intents & purposes, they should be identical.

Those are pleather though, I'm interested in the pads with the velour top sewed into pleather sides.

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #87 of 131
I've had my (speedballed) BH Crack fro a couple of weeks now and find them to pair incredibly well with the FA-002w HE.  Lots of tube rolling options allow you to gently contour your listening experience... but regardless of what tube I use, there's a rich, robust, musically transparent quality to the sound.  The ability to drive this phone from OTL tube amps was one of the main reasons I got the HE.. and I couldn't be happier with the results, so far.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #90 of 131
I'd suggest to amp these properly:wink:

I'm listening to them via a Schiit Valhalla/Modi combination, and they sound sweet:) These sound sweeter, smoother on the end of some valve amplification then my Soloist. Also people should hear Photek "Third Sequence" thru this combo.. very tight/punchy:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back