Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Jan 20, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #226 of 272
I had the ER4 and they were awful. I don't get why people like anything ER. They feel like two pencils jammed deep in your ear. They are WAY too neutral and not musical at all, no energy. Maybe at high volume levels and amped. To me they were flat and boring. Returned them immediately! Worst thing I ever heard. Total hype. I bought into the "legend" and blah. If you like musical and with energy ER is not for you. And if that's what you like, then you have to get over how deep you have to shove them in your ears to get a proper seal. I just hated them with a passion.

The Creative 3 are nice too but tad sibilant and that's my only gripe, they are mid forward which I like and bass is nice and balanced. The Heaven III are +3 on everything the Creative are. They are mid forward but smooth. Only thing is they are splashy at very high volume levels but that's unhealthy, but that is the only thing I can say is their weak point. I place them even above the Ostry KC60 which are pretty awesome also for the price.

Someone like pure water. Though tasteless, it's healthy.
biggrin.gif

You persuaded me. I may give up er4. Since I mostly listen to large work orchestra, how about its imaging, separation, and overall soundstage shape (width, depth, height)? I want to get a neutral sound, I have Senns are either warm or v-shape. I don't want such sound signature products anymore. Does Heaven 3 have a neutral sound?
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #227 of 272
Someone like pure water. Though tasteless, it's healthy. :D
You persuaded me. I may give up er4. Since I mostly listen to large work orchestra, how about its imaging, separation, and overall soundstage shape (width, depth, height)? I want to get a neutral sound, I have Senns are either warm or v-shape. I don't want such sound signature products anymore. Does Heaven 3 have a neutral sound?
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

Of all that I own and have heard the RE-600 is most neutral. The III's are mid forward but smooth. If you just like instruments and no voice then the RE-600 even the 400 may suite you more.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #229 of 272
  Someone like pure water. Though tasteless, it's healthy.
biggrin.gif

Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

Keep those warm and v-shape earphones around. Some tunes just sound better with those type of phones. For example, The xx sound "better" with the NuForce 800M than the Heaven III. Meanwhile, Utada Hikaru, a singer with much better skills than Oliver Sim and Romy Madley Croft, needs the Heaven III to really appreciate and hear her vocal talent in a recording. The Heaven III lets the details come through in the mids beyond any other (that I have heard) earphone in the sub-$100 range does not. The Heaven III has, far and away, the best mids of any earphone under $100 (that I have heard).

The Heaven III's soundstage is impressive for its height. It is excellent with width and depth, but the Havi B3 does that better. The real key to the Heaven III's soundstage is the 3D quality and instrument placement, considering price. I haven't heard anything that comes close to this soundstage quality at a similar price. 

Is it neutral? That is a toughie. We are so used to warm and v-shaped phones that "neutral" is hard to discern for me. I can confidently say that the Heaven III does not let any frequency range dominate. It sounds a bit mid-forward, but is that because of all the v-shaped phones we listen to?

Bottomline: the Heaven III is a no-brainer steal for $69. I hope that helps.

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #230 of 272
I agree all with HTT, but when it was said "Is is neutral? That's a toughie" I can assure you are they (Final Heaven III) are NOT neutral; meaning they are even and equal across the frequency range. The highs are tad behind the Mids, but they are there and smooth which is nice as they are never fatiguing which is hard to find and still have a great forward detailed midrange with tight bass/balanced bass. The best neutral IEM I've heard is the RE-600, although some say the highs are rolled off I think they are just right. YMMV. I will never part with the RE-600. When I want true flat they are the one's to go to. They reproduce a well even balance across the frequency range. Many have stated that and I agree.

The Heaven III are again, and I re-iterate; all that I like in the RE-600 but more. More mids (more forward), more bass and more treble. They are easy to drive and very dynamic in their sound. They are more musical with energy.

I used to love the Havi B3 until they just fell apart with out being used? Strange huh? They developed a crack just sitting in a case and I hardly touched them. They were from LMUE OEM new in box, but what I found out is they were sent back, repaired and re-sold as NEW. To me that is fraud and NOT new. I was able to get my money back (got the Heaven III on Massdrop). New is they left the the manufacturer or dealer etc. and have NEVER have come back to them. When they take back and repair or refurbish that is not NEW to me. So mine obviously were returned at some point and a tech repaired and overtightened the screw and over time they cracked. I was never crazy about the Havi either as they seemed too laid back and only sounded good (somewhat) with an amp but the mids were never forward or clear, honestly they sounded muddy to me. The Ostry KC06 were much better and WAY more detailed and WAY easier to drive and had/have WAY more highs and are clear as clear can be. To me the KC06 is what the Havi should of been but was not.

So why get the Heaven III? If you like forward clear smooth detailed mids (not detail monsters but still good) with good backed bass and smooth highs that are never sibilant they are what you want. :D

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #231 of 272

Keep those warm and v-shape earphones around. Some tunes just sound better with those type of phones. For example, The xx sound "better" with the NuForce 800M than the Heaven III. Meanwhile, Utada Hikaru, a singer with much better skills than Oliver Sim and Romy Madley Croft, needs the Heaven III to really appreciate and hear her vocal talent in a recording. The Heaven III lets the details come through in the mids beyond any other (that I have heard) earphone in the sub-$100 range does not. The Heaven III has, far and away, the best mids of any earphone under $100 (that I have heard).

The Heaven III's soundstage is impressive for its height. It is excellent with width and depth, but the Havi B3 does that better. The real key to the Heaven III's soundstage is the 3D quality and instrument placement, considering price. I haven't heard anything that comes close to this soundstage quality at a similar price. 

Is it neutral? That is a toughie. We are so used to warm and v-shaped phones that "neutral" is hard to discern for me. I can confidently say that the Heaven III does not let any frequency range dominate. It sounds a bit mid-forward, but is that because of all the v-shaped phones we listen to?

Bottomline: the Heaven III is a no-brainer steal for $69. I hope that helps.

I agree all with HTT, but when it was said "Is is neutral? That's a toughie" I can assure you are they (Final Heaven III) are NOT neutral; meaning they are even and equal across the frequency range. The highs are tad behind the Mids, but they are there and smooth which is nice as they are never fatiguing which is hard to find and still have a great forward detailed midrange with tight bass/balanced bass. The best neutral IEM I've heard is the RE-600, although some say the highs are rolled off I think they are just right. YMMV. I will never part with the RE-600. When I want true flat they are the one's to go to. They reproduce a well even balance across the frequency range. Many have stated that and I agree.

The Heaven III are again, and I re-iterate; all that I like in the RE-600 but more. More mids (more forward), more bass and more treble. They are easy to drive and very dynamic in their sound. They are more musical with energy.

I used to love the Havi B3 until they just fell apart with out being used? Strange huh? They developed a crack just sitting in a case and I hardly touched them. They were from LMUE OEM new in box, but what I found out is they were sent back, repaired and re-sold as NEW. To me that is fraud and NOT new. I was able to get my money back (got the Heaven III on Massdrop). New is they left the the manufacturer or dealer etc. and have NEVER have come back to them. When they take back and repair or refurbish that is not NEW to me. So mine obviously were returned at some point and a tech repaired and overtightened the screw and over time they cracked. I was never crazy about the Havi either as they seemed too laid back and only sounded good (somewhat) with an amp but the mids were never forward or clear, honestly they sounded muddy to me. The Ostry KC06 were much better and WAY more detailed and WAY easier to drive and had/have WAY more highs and are clear as clear can be. To me the KC06 is what the Havi should of been but was not.

So why get the Heaven III? If you like forward clear smooth detailed mids (not detail monsters but still good) with good backed bass and smooth highs that are never sibilant they are what you want.
biggrin.gif

Thanks so much, guys! Surely will consider it. :)

HiFier, How about imaging, separation, 3D sound of Heaven 3 vs Re600?

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #232 of 272
The III's are like RE-600s on steroids. Read any review about the RE sound signaturrs and its pretty accurate. Those reviews have already described all that, but in my opinion I think the III's are more forward on all aspects and best with the mids. They are just more than RE-600 in every way, just in a more elegant way. I love both but the III's have way more energy and fullness and width and 3D and imaging due to the foreardness in the mids.

I can't wait to hear what the VI's can do that I got for $110.00 new in box.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #233 of 272
The III's are like RE-600s on steroids. Read any review about the RE sound signaturrs and its pretty accurate. Those reviews have already described all that, but in my opinion I think the III's are more forward on all aspects and best with the mids. They are just more than RE-600 in every way, just in a more elegant way. I love both but the III's have way more energy and fullness and width and 3D and imaging due to the foreardness in the mids.

I can't wait to hear what the VI's can do that I got for $110.00 new in box.

How can you get such a deal?!
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #236 of 272
Hey Hi-fi'er, how are the Heaven VI?

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #237 of 272
Hey Hi-fi'er, how are the Heaven VI?

I am still breaking them in. Once I do I will post my impressions. I'm sure it will match what the review on Head-Fi already has: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674105/review-final-audio-design-heaven-vi and other places that I've read reviews. They did sound good out of my crappy LG Optimus G Pro phone using JetAudio + which is a feat in itself as nothing ever sounded as good before. Once matched to a Burr Brown DAP I'm sure they will be super nice.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #238 of 272
I am still breaking them in. Once I do I will post my impressions. I'm sure it will match what the review on Head-Fi already has: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674105/review-final-audio-design-heaven-vi and other places that I've read reviews. They did sound good out of my crappy LG Optimus G Pro phone using JetAudio + which is a feat in itself as nothing ever sounded as good before. Once matched to a Burr Brown DAP I'm sure they will be super nice.

Thanks. What you paid for the VI sounds like a bargain. I am looking forward to your impressions.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #239 of 272
Is it already officially stated before that heaven III has Heaven IV driver, not II? haven't read much information about it yet.

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #240 of 272
What Massdrop was offering (Drop ended) were offering a Final Audio III which were a re-branded IV for $69.00! People really missed out if they didn't get them. These were less than the II!

The only thing I don't like is how small the bore opening on the silicone tips are. They don't match the IEM's bore size. After a while of listening and adjusting I tried other wider bore tips and they sound even more open and spacious. These are never sibilant either and have just the right balance of bass in respect to the mid's and highs to never fatigue.

The Havi B3 don't compare, nor the VDS3s. Even the famous Zero Audio Tenore everyone raved about was a giant IEM killer is a joke. The Heaven III are a true "Punch above their weight" for the price Massdrop did. These are my dear favorites now. I was able to listen 5 hours straight and enjoyed them and felt energized after. They are like an upgraded version of a RE-600 and Ostry KCO6 but better in all ways where the other two lack in some areas.

If you read about the RE-600 you will get an idea what I'm reiterating what others have already described. I'm not a reviewer but I can best explain that the RE-600 is VERY VERY VERY Neutral. Everything is evenly balanced. I can say it's U shaped. Some say the highs are recessed but I like them as they are not sibilant or harsh unless it's a bad or old recording. The Heaven III are more sensitive it seems at the same volume levels and the mid's are more forward as are the highs.

The Heaven III has everything more than the RE-600, that's why I call the Heaven III a RE-600 on steroids. The flat cable is actually nice and no real noise (more so) than other cable styles. The flat cable is why they used it to eliminate any possible noise. Some have said the noise is there but when worn over the ears it's vastly better. I don't move around when listening to music anyways so I didn't feel it was anything that was horrible or noticeably a deal breaker.

One thing I can say is that the Heaven III is great except on higher volume levels. At higher volume levels they become shouty and harsh. Others have said that too and I agree but you have to crank it pretty good volume wise to see it. They are easy to drive so I don't see a need to go high volume but I wanted to see if what others said was true and it was.

The Heaven III are never sibilant and they have a fast sounding response to everything I throw at them. Every time I listen to them they just keep reminding me of the RE-600 but again they give more of what the RE-600 don't, bass, Mid's and highs. The RE-600's have one advantage that you can crank them and they always sound the same never shouty or harsh. I don't feel either are bad at normal listening levels but the RE-600's are just so very non-fatiguing they pull me into the music more, if neutral is your flavor. If you still like neutral but a little more than neutral then the Heaven III are it.

This was the best $69.00 I ever spent on an IEM that shocks me for how it performs overall.

Hope that helps.

You, sir gave me a regret for not getting the Massdrop III's. Hahaha! I am now itching for it!!! SELL ME ONE OF THOSE! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back