Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Nov 29, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #556 of 686
We follow all your input on cable management with great interest. We will soon post an update on the work we do to minimize tangling. Till then, in case you missed our Black Friday offer - the 30% on all Linum cables in our online shop is still on for another 11 hours. Expires 30.11.2015 10.00AM CET. http://www.linum.dk/webshop

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #557 of 686
We follow all your input on cable management with great interest. We will soon post an update on the work we do to minimize tangling. Till then, in case you missed our Black Friday offer - the 30% on all Linum cables in our online shop is still on for another 11 hours. Expires 30.11.2015 10.00AM CET. http://www.linum.dk/webshop

I assume FitEar cables are not available yet?

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #558 of 686

Nope, unfortunately not, and we do not expect them to be anytime soon for the regular Linum cables. The Super BaX with FitEar plug is on its way, though we do not have a release date yet. We will post new releases here when available. Thank you for your patience.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #559 of 686

Nope, unfortunately not, and we do not expect them to be anytime soon for the regular Linum cables. The Super BaX with FitEar plug is on its way, though we do not have a release date yet. We will post new releases here when available. Thank you for your patience.

At least it seems to be coming along nicely, will be patiently waiting. :wink:

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #560 of 686
Sorry for the slow update. To recap, my BaX had a tight slider, cutting into the sleeving. Return and then replacement cable arrived fine. Estron staff very polite and courteous.

Unfortunately can immediately hear a soldering or connection issue with the replacement cable. Left side sound is cutting out.

I have verified this by swapping around the orientation (so left to right earpiece and right to left earpiece) and sure enough the cutting out is switched earpieces. Same problem with both Note 4 and Clip Zip.

Thankfully SE846 with stock cable is pitch perfect so i know the iem is fine.

Hopefully second replacement will be okay, shame it is now a short working month...

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #561 of 686
Sorry for the slow update. To recap, my BaX had a tight slider, cutting into the sleeving. Return and then replacement cable arrived fine. Estron staff very polite and courteous.

Unfortunately can immediately hear a soldering or connection issue with the replacement cable. Left side sound is cutting out.

I have verified this by swapping around the orientation (so left to right earpiece and right to left earpiece) and sure enough the cutting out is switched earpieces. Same problem with both Note 4 and Clip Zip.

Thankfully SE846 with stock cable is pitch perfect so i know the iem is fine.

Hopefully second replacement will be okay, shame it is now a short working month...

Hi there. We are really sorry, even one failure is not okay, yet acceptable. It happens. Twice is absolutely not okay. We apologize very much for the inconvenience. Great you contacted us, we will do our very best to solve this!

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #562 of 686
Wow this is amazing customer service. Came home to a fed ex box. Inside was a replacement cable and also unexpectedly a linum branded case .

This cable works perfectly. Very happy. The stock se846 cable is more boomy and peaky in comparison. I think bax retains the earphone signature but with more control and small details are more discernible. These are all minute percentages though. The main thing is linum is so light it delivers the physical sensation or illusion of a wireless iem. The lack of memory wire also ensures a closer earpiece seal.

Looking forward to super bax release in winter 2016!

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #563 of 686
In two weeks I bought 3 sets of cables, 1 pair with MMCX connectors for a couple of reshelled Shure IEMs and then 2 more pairs with two pin connectors, 1 for my Alclair Reference CIEMs and another for a Christmas present. All 3 are BaX and while they're not completely tangle free they are not terribly prone to becoming tangled. The 2 for myself are fantastic; light, not noticeably microphonic, connections are very solid and I'm always amazed when I unplug them from my Shures the way their video shows and they work again once reconnected. I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in sound as these are used in somewhat noisy environments, either playing out or while riding my motorcycle, but they certainly don't lack for smooth or weighty sound when called for.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #565 of 686
Hello guys, I'm on the verge of buying the Linum Bax and I have one question: Is the soundstage smaller compared to the Westone ES5 stock cable?

Also, if anyone has a 62 inch version for sale, please PM me.

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #566 of 686
Hello guys, I'm on the verge of buying the Linum Bax and I have one question: Is the soundstage smaller compared to the Westone ES5 stock cable?

Cable is not going to change the soundstage, but it could affect the sound like an eq, for example adding some sparkle and lifting the veil. That could change your perception of the sound, including a wider and more open spacing. If you are comparing BaX to Westone stock Epic cable, yes, that perception will improve :wink:

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #567 of 686

Westone offers these as an upgrade on their own website so obviously they feel it's a worthy upgrade. If you buy directly from Estron you will save a substantial amount of money. The shipping isn't cheap, I think I paid $17.50, but even after that I still saved probably $25-30 per pair.

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #568 of 686

Westone offers these as an upgrade on their own website so obviously they feel it's a worthy upgrade. If you buy directly from Estron you will save a substantial amount of money. The shipping isn't cheap, I think I paid $17.50, but even after that I still saved probably $25-30 per pair.

Thanks, I was planning to get the Bax directly from Estron. I'm in Europe, so shipping will be cheap I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back